Portable haunts with semi's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable haunts with semi's

I would like to get more information from someone with experience in building haunts out of semi trailers. I just purchased 4 for a bargain price but they are not set up for this kind of thing. They were old mail carriers and have a rolling door at the end only. Couldn't go wrong for the price.

If someone is willing to send me some photos I would appreciate it. I would like to pikc your brain about how the setup, reinforce the sides when cutting doors in them, put them together without leaking, etc.

We have outgrown our location and need to do some outdoor expansion until we finalize a purchase on another building.

You can PM me, email heather@spookhaven.com or call me 570-660-5504.

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to Transworld there is a seminar on Friday:

http://www.haashow.com/events/semina...r-Venues<br />

This will especially be a valuable seminar for those unfamilar with the concept.

The Trailer Concept can be a perfect alternative for those having location problems, want a short set up time, need to add to an attraction, etc.

The Trailer Concept, while it does have it's limitations, offers the benefits of a permanet location without the year round cost. I am out working on my attractions right now. Just added a new effect to one and started some remodeling in another.

While we all want a year round indoor location sometimes we have to adapt. Think of it this way, Larry has one of the best indoor haunts in the country and he ALSO has a Trailer Haunt!!

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I HAVE To SEE IT!

The wheels, axles and running gear on Larry's Lemp Haunt! They must be fantastic!??
      Backing it down the 5 story underground ramp to set it in place would make quite the Discovery Channel special too!
      I'm always moving my wine cellar around, up and down the block, across the parking lot and it's only carved from solid rock and a mere 20 feet under the ground and under half the house, "Child's Play" compared to Lemp, I'm sure.
      Anything to keep the customers entertained!
      I have been having trouble finding another cat to fill Mr. Tuxedo's harness since he did most of the actual pulling.(Under a full moon only of course, when the "fits" would strike him)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Rich was just looking at the seminars and saw that.

Jim, you are always good for a laugh.

Comment

If you want to see some nice pics of a trailer haunt go to scarefest.com. Im sure there are other great trailer haunts out there. But Im using this one for a reference for you. Go to Creepy World on there and check out Ravens Mansion. It is a trailer haunt. It is top notch and highly detailed. Going through it if you didnt know anything about trailer haunts you wouldnt be able to tell. Its camoflauged very well.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I understand that "Verdun Manor" at Thrillvania Thrill Park in Terrell, Texas (north-east of Dallas) is also a trailer haunt... if I have my story correct it was originally created for the Texas State Fair, and then moved out to Thrillvania. It's the house that pops up on their main page as the background image... the attraction is two stories, and when you're inside there are no major visual clues as to how it was constructed. http://www.thrillvania.com/
            Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
            Haunt 2013, LLC
            and
            The House of Boo
            Dallas, TX
            www.haunt2013.com
            www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Never heard that. Interesting if this is true?
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks guys for the references. I am more interested in the structures and how they put them together. Not so much cosmetics. We actually have to cut the trailer on the sides and nose for additional entry/exits. So I wondered if anyone had done this and what exactly they are using for doors, how you are sealing them, connect them, etc.

I appreciate everyone's input thus far.

Comment

Buy the 1st issue of H.W the magazine theres an article on trailer haunts by Rich from R.J Productions. And buy H.W Dvd 15 there is a informative segment on trailer haunts on it. Both you can get at hauntedhousesupplies.com
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks Damon, I actually have DVD #15. I am going to have to pull that out. Appreciate the info everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X