Pain in the neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in the neck

I seriously suffering from neck pain from bein on Haunt World too much. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to correct this. Another problems is I have switched from using a desktop computer to using my laptop. And the screen is down lower so Im thinking this has something to do with my current neck pain. Ive tried everything from lowering my chair. To sitting back in my chair with correct posture. Leaning back and only holding my eyes down looking at the screen. And now proping my head with my arm. Which that seems to be helping some. Since most of the time im reading on here unless im typing. This might sound ridiculous but im really starting to suffer from this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

http://www.hp.com/ergo/workarea.html
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen. There were alot of great tips in there. There is at least 3 or 4 things im gonna try. One is a different desk. Im switching to. That alone with raise the height of my viewing screen. It will give me more leg room. Improve my posture, hopefully. Also Im switching my computer chair. I noticed the other day how its just really needing to be repadded. Again thanks and this is alot of good info anyone on here can use.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Try This?

Buy a padded neck surrounding , velcro wrap/brace. Pharmacys have them not too much $ , come in various sizes, controls your neck if you just keep allowing it to get set in the wrong angle or something. Gives vampires a problem with it too.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lol! I have seriously thought about buying one of those Jim! Still may if it doesnt get better. LOL! I 've switched my computer chair to a new more padded on. And its already an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

The day we have to gear up before we log on is a sad one LOL.
            My desk top used to give me issues because it was to low, I put a copy of Hans Holzner's Ghosts under it (about a 4" thick book) and it was much better.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is as ergonomically correct about surfing the forum on an iPad while sitting on the toilet. Trust me. I've had body parts fall asleep that I didn't ever realize required blood anymore.

Comment

Lol! LMAO! Now thats some funny *@%+! I dont care who you are!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Sounds like it is Chiropractor time.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"You played High School Football."

The female chiropracter said,(she could tell just by looking at me) then she put her hands under the sides of my skull and lifted straight up. I felt light-headed for the next several days(not a bad thing, not imparing) She said slamming into people wearing a helmet allowed my neck parts to compress alittle. I have given myself a "lift" and sometimes it helps, especially if I'm about to impress someone with my size, looking down upon them from my massive height.
                    We do get shorter as we age, mostly from vertabrae compacting , measure your height in the AM versus the PM, there is a difference, gravity works us down all day long.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya gravity controls many things. Your actually taller lying down than standing up. But you probably know that.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Theres that one part

That is always taller when I'm laying down, unless I'm laying on my side.
                        I can't lay on a matress on my belly without ruining the matress.
                        "Mister Torpedo" of a water bed too!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim its too cold where you live to have a waterbed. You would be sleeping on a block of ice. And torpedos dont fair very well in the cold. LOL!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                          X