Owner asking for actor's opinion please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner asking for actor's opinion please help

From an actor’s perspective give me some of your opinions on what you want and your marketing thoughts.
    Besides all the normal crap (like end of yr party, money, food, drinks, contact lenses, costumes, etc) that we typically provide what are you looking for from us as owners? I want to hear some ideas from people that don’t work for me.
    Here is something we are doing this year and it will be a total surprise to my haunt family. We are doing a photo shoot. We are using the photos/video for all promotions this year in brochures, website, etc. One thing I decided to do to market the characters besides the haunt is everyone that shows for the photo shoot, I am making each character their own business card. I am going to give each person 250 cards. At the end of the season I will be count them and give a bonus of say like 100/50 for first and second for whomever has the most cards returned. This will give the presenters a discount of 10% to the haunt. What do you think? I thought it would get them promoting the haunt earlier than normal and to people they really think will come. Then they will benefit as well.
    Any other ideas?

I think the business card is a great idea. Our actors are proud of working for us and this would give them a positive attitude boost to start the season. Great idea!
    Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

spookhaven-
      good idea on the cards a flyer program normally does pretty well, I do think that the discount is low, also Id do a hard dollar discout as opposed to a percentage. that can seem like a better deal and avoid you needing excess change.
      If you have 50 actors participate, 50x250 that = 12,500 coupon cards total. possible rate of return is 5% thats 625 people total from the program. sweeten the pot with a higher discount so they are worth hanging on to.
      If the card is front and back full color then I guess it would cost $10 per actor for the cards so $500 to do the program looks like it would be well worth it.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Our ticket price is 10.00 so if we do a 1.00 off or 10% for 5 or less than 2.00 or 20% off 6 or more it's a much better discount than we do for groups which have to be 20 guest at once for a discount. Plus then we know that particular actor drove them to the haunt and give them a money gift as well. This also avoids giving out a bunch of friends and family tickets. We will still do it but cut them back to 1 or 2 per person.

We just can't afford to give to much away. Although it's better than not having any more come at all. So it's a catch 22.

I am going to do full color on one side then on the back put the discount some like

Date_______________

__________ # of guess 5 and under $1.00 off per ticket.

__________ # of guess 6 or more $2.00 off per ticket.

Then we can track the date, special event, character impact.

Plus we do cash bonuses typically on the second weekend and on for the one most talked about at the end of the night. So they could gain a lot through the month.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

The haunt I have been working for gives a cast party at the end of the season and gives out golden skeleton parts to the best actor, most creative, mvp, that sort of thing but that is all. Minimum wage, no food, we supply our own contacts, do our own makeup, some bring their own costumes, and no input is accepted or valued. And that is why I think you giving ownership and a sense of being important is worth every cent you spend on those business cards. I think every actor really into the haunt just wants to have a creative say and help the haunt be everything it can be. If I was one of your actors and I knew that my character was featured you better believe I'd be passing out those cards like crazy......the cult of personality is a major driving force for a lot of the acting community

Comment

Sounds like a great idea! Good luck.

Comment

Another thing we do for motivation that is pretty popular is have an actor of the night award. the prize is given at evening meeting before we open the next night. The prize is normally a resturant gift certificate for $25 to $30 we get the Certificates by trading our tickets to the resturant managers. Its a win win for both companies.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I've always found Actor of the Night awards to be great motivators; keeping a list in the haunt of each night's winner helps encourage each actor to strive to be on the list.
                Katie Lane
                Partner/VP
                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                X