No announcement yet.

Not in MY Haunt!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No clowns, no chainsaws, No sacriligious props/sets, No people killing people, no guns held by actors (OK on wall as props), No profanity (from actors), No black robes, No running zombies, and no babies (so far).
    In the show I run I knw the public has expectation I have to meet so the list is shorter
    Chainsaws yes.

Suicide, no. Guns, no. Babies, no. Clowns, lame, and no. ( though the clown thing may change....) 3D Haunt, no.

Comment

I Might Have To change

..what I say to customers here. When they say, "What!? No chainsaws?"
      I would suggest they just drive to the next haunt and there you will find it. Now , reading stuff here I guess Every other haunt might not have chainsaws?
      W
      I actually do have some chainsaws here but I don't use them like" that"(The Screaming Chainsaw Ballet). What a revelation this is! Congratulations!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I will not do a military zombie. I actually ran a thread on this about a year ago...many agreed with me...and many said nothing wrong with it. And I will add many who said nothing wrong with it; were ex military themselves. I have a clown; but if I didn't have my one guy who is so good at it I wouldn't have a clown. I do not have any devils or demons; although I have a witch. I actually get several church youth groups that will come to my haunt since I skip that stuff...a niche market almost. Never had or will have a suicide.

Comment

Well, i guess that shoots down my demonic, suicidal zombie, Marine Corps clown who eats babies with his chainsaw character that I was working on. Damn.

Comment

We weigh the odds, make our choices

Concerning what we will be showing, having in our haunts. A committee will usually be very conservative and committes have never created any "Art" have they? Brown chevy 4-doors with no chrome? The Corvette slipped passed the bean-counters.
            The freedom to do is also the freedom to fail and customers will vote with their $ ballots.
            Why will people subject themselves to places and situations where they will not be "happy" or comfortable I'll never know?
            I was in a military weapons museum. A young woman began crying looking at the Veitnam exhibit of guns, ex cetra. Why was she there?
            IT was no secret what was inside of that building, you passed a check post to be able to enter the grounds...??
            John Browning's name was on the sign, as in "Browning automatic machine guns."
            Small groups go through my house mostly, I try to keep an ear out to see if someone is too upset, bothered by anything I am responsible for here and I apologise if this is the case and we go on to something else...which is the best I can do for them.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I made post on here several weeks ago saying I have never had nor will have a suicide. That was before the neighboring towns have had 3 kids do this recently. Father came home and found his daughter who had shot herself...died shortly later. I scare and entertain. But I'll never have a suicide. Would have made good story line here too. About 100 years ago a guy walked back to the huckleberry swamp just a 100 yards from my haunted trail. The family found him when the vultures started circling.

Comment

25 years ago I was building a coffin

When I was told my Cousin had just died. I felt strange about that.
                My Ex got our car "T-Boned" by a Volvo, I built a motorcycle wreck with a skeleton into the dent, then two teens running away from the Police on a stolen motorcycle went up a dark driveway, hit a parked car, one was killed.
                I felt strange about this, this is a very small town.
                A Woman was sneaking around one October night sprinkling "holy water" on store's backdoors. Our Chief of Police told her to "Go home and look after your kids." (Do something usefull)
                About a year later I solved a flow problem here with customers by making a phoney closet for them to pass through, complete with the clothes hanging there. Just about the same time I made this, the woman who had been caught sprinkling the water found her oldest daughter, seemingly a smart and pretty girl hanging dead in her closet.
                She had to hold her knees bent so her feet would not touch the floor to do this!
                Life is Strange, Sometimes I wished that I didn't "Notice".
                No fiction here.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X