Getting Email Addresses To Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Email Addresses To Market

On another thread, Larry briefly spoke of using email addresses to bring customers to your haunt.

My questions are:

1. How do you garner potential customer's email addresses

2. Once you get them, how do you use them?

He got them at the front door as customers registered if they wanted to. Then they have already been a customer and get all the latest info emailed to them like a fan club.

If you wanted to be aggressive it would be to register for some big prize like sending a coffin to your mother or having your very own something or a free something or a discount or a news letter. Some percentage of those will return when notified. Some percentage will by a T-shirt on line.

It's better than them forgetting what happens in October, oh yeah I was going to go to that but, I forgot. You simply say by registering you will get coupons or be notified where to get them to print out or pick up at a sponsors location.

However, you could be a spammer? If they genuinely did not want info updates.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I get mailings from companys that accumulate and sell addresses , supposidly grouped by area and age, some are church lists, some are used by churches, or something like that? I have never bought anything from them so I really don't know.
      One outfit would sell you a cd-rom with 50,000 names and addresses on it!
      I know such a list wouldn't have to be very old to have alot of wrong addresses because younger people are movers, some seem to live in many apartments over a short time period, old geesers tend to stay put more.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

MYSPACE!!! MYSPACE!!! This is an excellent way to spread the word about yur place.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

talking about myspace, is their a way to invite alot of "friends" at a single time or do you have to go to each of their sites and request them individualy?

thanks!

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMManiac
            talking about myspace, is their a way to invite alot of "friends" at a single time or do you have to go to each of their sites and request them individualy?

thanks!

Sean
            Sean, several people on the boards have some type of friend-adder. I believe it is called "eek"? I want to say it was Kel...Raycliff Manor?
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Sorry, I haven't responded sooner. Yes, Eek Adder is a program we use. You can find them at www.eekrecords.com Hope that helps! We also send out bulletins announcing contests and request they send us an email address asking to be included in our database for announcements and updates. What we really need to do is implement a form on our website that they can use to join our mailing list, like RFR does. So many things to do and so little time! :lol:

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

thanks Kel!
                Sean De Wane
                ----------------------------------------------
                The De Wane Asylum
                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I'm quite familiar with myspace and in fact have an eek adder myself. Right now, I'm just wondering how to get email addresses. Anymore suggestions on how to do that?

Comment

This is an excellent topic Gwen. Does anyone recommend any programs that can be integrated into an existing website?

Kel
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

This functionality would have to be built into the website. It can be done in several ways. The most simple way to do this would be to have a form that the user fills out which generates an email containing the information. The info would then be manually entered into a database or spreadsheet, etc. An other option would be to have the website automatically take the information from the form and enter it into a database. This is the more costly option since coding would be required to integrate the database with the website.
                      Kevin
                      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by MindWerxKMG
                        This functionality would have to be built into the website. It can be done in several ways. The most simple way to do this would be to have a form that the user fills out which generates an email containing the information. The info would then be manually entered into a database or spreadsheet, etc. An other option would be to have the website automatically take the information from the form and enter it into a database. This is the more costly option since coding would be required to integrate the database with the website.
                        But, what would entice them to even leave their email address? A prize of some sort?

Comment

I've seen several haunt sites that require the entry of an email address in order to receive a discount coupon. But then again, you can't be sure they are entering a vaild email address. Larry does this on his Scarefest.Com site http://www.scarefest.com/main.php?id=sdiscounts
                          Kevin
                          MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

We require an email address for our customers to receive a coupon on our website. All we use is a simple form with no more then three quick questions, an option if they would like to receive future mailings, and a valid email address. We use an auto responder email account for coupons so if the address they supply is valid then they receive the coupon instantly in their inbox.
                            Ken Darrigo
                            ClearCut Operations, Inc.
                            ClearCut Operations | http://www.clearcutoperations.com
                            TerrorDome Haunted Scream Park | http://www.terrordome.com

Comment

Originally posted by MindWerxKMG
                              I've seen several haunt sites that require the entry of an email address in order to receive a discount coupon. But then again, you can't be sure they are entering a vaild email address. Larry does this on his Scarefest.Com site http://www.scarefest.com/main.php?id=sdiscounts
                              There ya go! So, in order to get a coupon, you have to fill in the form. That's good!

Comment

Working...
                              X