Question about special Inspection for fire retardant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about special Inspection for fire retardant

I know not every city requires it, but my city requires a outside independent special inspection for the fire retardant. My question is to those of you who have also had to have an outside inspection, could you share the cost to you? Ours was a lot higher than I anticipated this past year, and I wanted to see if I am just way off base.
    http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Fire retardant inspections

I haven't been through this yet but probably will be depending on where I setup shop. The cost is a mystery to me as well but I'd also like to know what to expect when it comes to cost. My question, like yours, to other haunters is: Are there any listings for these test labs? I'm sure there are a number of them throughout the country. Can somebody share this info if you have it? My local officials did not provide lab information when asked but require lab testing. How do we get this testing done if we don't know where to go?

One thing to remember when discussing fire safety tests. What happens in the lab will vary in the field. Labs are 'controlled' environments. The only true fire retardant test would have to actually take place inside your haunt which we know is not going to happen. But, you can supply samples of your building and theming materials for test burns. Preferably done outdoors or in an walk-in fireplace. Labs don't duplicate air drafts which carry and spread flames, embers, etc. The lab test is good to a point. Testing in real world environments is way better because the lab environment is not your environment.

Steve....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Contact your fire retardant suppler they should be able to help you with a lab.

Comment

Working...
      X