promo cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promo cars

we all know that the best promo car is the hearse. the next best thing is a limo or a van of some sort. what can be the next best thing to drive around in to promote you haunt?

I have been looking in to this and the one comes to my mind is a flat bed. with a 4 feet high by 8 feet long bilborad. as you drive it down the streets people will see..

now the next best thing is that where to go right? my answer is middle and high schools, collages, malls, parks, teen hang outs. and most of all driving around town.

so my little Q and A is this.. what else can be the next best thing as a promo car for your haunt and also too where would you go to promote you haunt?

thanks! HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

i think this can be a good one

Comment

Promo Cars

there are a ton of ways that you can promote your biz w/ an ad car... you could spend the money and wrap your personal vehicle... espeically if it is a larger car/van/suv/truck that has plenty of bulk to get noticed. If I didn't want to get rid of my truck I would wrap it in a heartbeat. That way... you have a vehicle that you travel everywhere in, and it isn't a chore to go out to those locations.

One idea I picked up from another business (non haunt) was take a mobile business vehicle, and put a clear plastic real estate box on the back with your flyers or special coupons inside... that way you can quantify a small amount of your results from your promo car.

This is a pic of our promo van... it serves many purposes. We drive this behind our float in our local 4th of July parades. This is also a great 'troop carrier' for those parades and other events. We have also put LED light bars down the side to act as a illuminated billboard for our event at night. (We haven't yet but) We can make magnetic signs to stick to the side of the truck underneath of our graphics for different applications (i.e. turn right here).

Some friends of ours have also made an art car (I believe ol' Jim Warfield has a couple of these) They have an acting group out of the city and have labeled their 'art car' the "Brothership"
      They built this car for a Baltimore festival called Artscape. There is an art car parade... and they blew away the competition. They built a stage on the roof of the car (I believe its an old Volvo) and they are creating a mobile performance using the car as their stage.

the sky is the limit.
      Patrick Barberry
      www.legendsofthefog.com
      sigpic

Comment

3 times the fun

Our cars from The Battle Of The Haunted Houses

Last edited by sts; 02-01-2011, 11:50 PM.

Chris @
        Scream Theme Studios
        Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
        Screamtheme.com

Comment

Originally posted by sts View Post
          Our cars from The Battle Of The Haunted Houses

i love the hearses!!!

Comment

Originally posted by legendsofthefog View Post
            there are a ton of ways that you can promote your biz w/ an ad car... you could spend the money and wrap your personal vehicle... espeically if it is a larger car/van/suv/truck that has plenty of bulk to get noticed. If I didn't want to get rid of my truck I would wrap it in a heartbeat. That way... you have a vehicle that you travel everywhere in, and it isn't a chore to go out to those locations.

One idea I picked up from another business (non haunt) was take a mobile business vehicle, and put a clear plastic real estate box on the back with your flyers or special coupons inside... that way you can quantify a small amount of your results from your promo car.

This is a pic of our promo van... it serves many purposes. We drive this behind our float in our local 4th of July parades. This is also a great 'troop carrier' for those parades and other events. We have also put LED light bars down the side to act as a illuminated billboard for our event at night. (We haven't yet but) We can make magnetic signs to stick to the side of the truck underneath of our graphics for different applications (i.e. turn right here).

Some friends of ours have also made an art car (I believe ol' Jim Warfield has a couple of these) They have an acting group out of the city and have labeled their 'art car' the "Brothership"
            They built this car for a Baltimore festival called Artscape. There is an art car parade... and they blew away the competition. They built a stage on the roof of the car (I believe its an old Volvo) and they are creating a mobile performance using the car as their stage.

the sky is the limit.
            is the black car a old ups van???

Comment

See: hauntedravensgrin.com 4 cars

A Thunderbird through various metamorphisses.
              A Nissan Truck
              An Olds station wagon.
              Each unique and an attention-getter.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

ups van...

I would have to do some research on the title to find out exactly.... but probably. I think it was a dry cleaner or something before we bought it...

Jim - I still see something new every time I get on your site... So tell me... how many pounds... i mean tons of food does Mr. Tuxedo eat every day?
                Patrick Barberry
                www.legendsofthefog.com
                sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple pics of the Jeckyll & Hyde Club "non-hearse" promo car.

I would think more in line with what your theme is.
                  We also have Hotel Fear so how about an old taxi?

Maybe you could utilize a delivery truck? A limo? a station wagon?
                  I have a hearse but have always wanted a different themed vehicle.
                  Would really love on old Checker Cab for the Hotel...but we never had Checker
                  Cabs in Vegas! Most of the old ones are back east!!

Dependant on if you are using the vehicle on the street, just at your attraction,
                  or maybe just a parade vehicle could also be a contributing factor.

Maybe you build a fantasy vehicle, like the Dragula coffin car.
                  If it's not a street legal vehicle you can get by with just a go cart motor
                  or maybe even a powered wheel chair.

Night Screams Studio had that large character that was based off a power wheel chair.
                  If you just want an on site "vehicle" who says it has to be a vehicle?
                  Motorize a autopsy table... a crypt.... a dog house...

Think outside the box...isn't that what we do best???

See everyone in a couple weeks!!!

Rich
                  Attached Files
                  R&J Productions
                  Las Vegas, NV
                  www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I think the coolest promotional vehicle I have ever seen is a school bus the Edge of Hell made up to look like a prison bus. It had bars on the windows and everything. It was awesome and really got looks and major attention. At the same time had people worrying! Why is a prison bus pulling up to the haunted house. LOL! The second best I have ever seen is Jim Warfields spook mobiles. Go to hauntedravengrin.com to check the spookmobiles he has made over the years. I also like the Jeckyl & Hyde car. Its very cool!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

"Sour Grapes" Jim!

Oh, yeah?
                      You just like the prison bus more than my stuff because of those fond childhoolum memories of trying to wave "Bye-Bye" through the bars!
                      As the plane lands at Levenworth from the East coast with civilian and military prisoners the civilian prisoners are put into a bus with no guards, they get to roam around inside the cage doing whatever suits them whereas the military bus has guards and restraints and order!
                      My Son was an Mp. he was there.
                      Very scary civilian bus! Every man for himself!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Our Promo Car

Here is a picture of the back of my 2002 Dodge Durango that I got wrapped this year. One thing that I did to make sure that I don't have to change alot on the wrap year to year is I put our dates on a magnetic strip right under the "October" in the picture. This of course allows us to change dates each year for around $20. The whole wrap ended up costing $400 including the artwork. Sorry there is salt all over the back of my vehicle since we are in MI.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jim Im sure if you could get your hands on a bus or any other unique larger vehicle like that you would make my favorite list. LOL!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

How about...

A "Haunted" boom-truck? I have begun thinking this would/could serve numerous tasks .
                            They often are fairly "cheap" (around here, at least), paint it wild, then in Oct, park it along the road with boom raised, dangling a display high in the air!
                            Since it is moble, drive to numerous locations in one day!
                            When "Jeepers Creepers" came out I saw a few 1949? Chevy/GMC cab-overs for sale and thought how fun that would be. Then as I was driving my 1989 Oldsmobile spookmobile through Mc Donald's drive through a kid pointed and said, "look! it's the car from "Jeepers Creepers!"
                            (A 89 Olds station wagon looks like a 1949 Cab-over semi?) Nutty!
                            Building a machine from the ground-up would be fun too!
                            I thought an open, 2 seater convert, sports car built to very much resemble a slimey slug like is found under a rotten board would be the ultimate!
                            Grey, wet/slippery looking, maybe featuring it's own slime-trail when you push a button?
                            Of course it would have a tremdous amount of immeadiate horsepower to accellerate with.
                            "I was just beaten off the line by a Slug!" (Slugs Are streamlined)
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                              A "Haunted" boom-truck? I have begun thinking this would/could serve numerous tasks .
                              They often are fairly "cheap" (around here, at least), paint it wild, then in Oct, park it along the road with boom raised, dangling a display high in the air!

NOW this is what we all need!! a big ol' sign that says your haunt on the boom!

i like this!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X