festival promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festival promotion

a few blocks away from our haunt they hold an annual festival.people come from all over and its always packed to the brim.so im thinking if i were to rent a booth,mabie i can promote my haunt someway.mabie half price tickets for fest attenders,or mabie a game to play to win a free ticket or a poster.does anyone have any suggestions that i could use at my little booth that will possibly make a little money,promote my haunt ,and is interesting enough to attract all ages?scary games ? eye candy?help me

God, your avatar is frightning. lol You could always dress up as the BK dude and creep people out while playing a game of somesort. Lets see dunk the bk guy comes to mind. lol Im just joking.

When is this festival?

Comment

When people show up to do one thing, like a haunted house or a festival, an unrelated business near them can only expect to maybe do 5% of the customers that the main event does. Some people get upset when they would see all my customers on an October night but only a few wandered (probably by accident) into their hardware store.
      "Madge, let's drive three hours to see The Ravens Grin Haunted House AND buy a pair of pliers at the local hardware store while we are there, you just can't buy pliers like that here in Chicago!"
      I got this information from the Illinois Tourism people, the 5%-thing.
      Just don't be too bloody or scary and get yourself run out of the festival Wipp and you will do alright.
      People seeing you there will be asking if your place is kid-friendly, be ready with your answer.......
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

the fest.is always on a weekend in late october so it works out great.try and get them there that night.i think i would be happy with 5%,but i would expect more since a haunt is entertainment like the festival.and with half price tickets mabie that will help also on spreading the word.but i cant just throw on an spfx mask and sit in a chair.what do i do in my booth?picture spot mabie?i want a way for people to win free tickets and such.im really just trying to build clients and show them we exist.or take a pic in the electric chair 3 dollars but u get 1 free ticket with that.noone goes to a haunt alone so i would think that should work out huh?how would you answer the kid friendly question btw jim?

Comment

Having some afternoon times for smaller kids can help build future customers if done right, pay close attention to them and be prepared to become friendly (versus haunt/menacing) quickly if hesitation or a distressed look suddenly crosses their little face. You want to make it a positive , then a fun experience.
          Even very scared little kids brighten up and lighten up if you give them a chance to scare the people too! Especially if they are related to them!
          We suggest to the parents to bring smaller more frightened kids here on Sat. and Sun. afternoon. We do whatever it takes to get them through the house, then they feel really good about themselves and their time spent here.
          I bet we could even make it so we could get you, Wipp, through the big old spooky house!
          We would go easy on you...for awhile.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

How about, one of those spinning wheels, you see at fairs, put 50 cents down on a number between 1 and 20. If your number comes up you win. Have some neat prizes that kids like, maybe a cool little bag filled with one of those pens that gives you a shock, a glow neclace/or mouth glow thing, my favorite fake vomit, and also inside something with your bussiness name on it, like a keychain. That way they win cool stuff kids like and your business get promoted. Also your idea of giving free passes out is good. Have one of those in a few of the bags each day. You can get all those little things fairly cheap in bulk, and besides people will still be paying you to play the game. One thing I do to promote my business, is I check the newspapers for local and not so local, chinese auctions, or any kind of event, where the people running it are looking for donations. My favorite ones to give to are the ones that raise money for animals (Cause I love animals)!! And also the ones that raise money for cancer (have a close friend with it) Tonight I had just made up 3 cool baskets, filled with stuff I pick up all year long. Halloween stuff, I find dvd's cheap at walmart, and throw in one of those, like Friday the 13th, anything along those lines, and the best thing I do, I always put in one of those hands with the arm attached. Then I make sure Is sticking out the top of the basket after its wrapped, and I pin my business card in the palm of the hand, like its holding it. How can you miss seeing that basket. The hand sticking out gets their attention. So I am promoting my business, but at the same time, helping a group raise money for very important causes. Anyway thats just my thoughts. I told you Wipp don't get my talking about Halloween, I can't stop talking, and I probably bored all these people to death! Sorry!
            Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

You might have a give away of free tickets. Put up big posters advertising the free tickets. Have them fill out name, phone, email. You might attract more interest to the booth and get some more names for a mailing list.

Comment

i kinda dont see myself spinning the wheel like pat sajak but yeah i will keep that on the idea slate.mabie hire a hooters girl to do it or somethin.and the free ticket for a trade on email and mailing address sounds great to me also.again even if i only get 5%,at least 100% of them will have heard of me for the following yr and so on.
                and jim your prolly right,my eyes would be open real wide walkin through your haunt.one day i will make it there,but ya gotta give me a ride in that car with the big teeth

Comment

I have found over 20 years that people are usually very reluctant to give the spoky guy their name and address.
                  Maybe it's just me? Too naturally scary?
                  E-mails might be different, more safe.
                  But then there's SPAM!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Giant Walk arounds

This is obviously a big self promotion, but this is what we do.
                    We wear a couple of our costumes at the fairs and street fests handing out flyers of the haunt. We obviously get approval first. They are big walk arounds and good entertainment so usually they appreciate us being there.
                    This also gives you lots of photo ops. We have also set up booths for picture taking.

"Come one come all and get your picture taken with the Beast of Burden." Charge a couple $ and there you go.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com
                    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Always had that urge to expose yourself? In public or just on film?
                      Tell people you need to use the specially re-inforced camera (so the ugly monster's face can't break it) Then as everyone is all ready to get the picture snapped an attacking creature pops out of the special camera, scares everyone as the real camera takes this scared picture.
                      Sounds like another million dollar idea found here at the edges of my consciousness for free.
                      Money will only be accepted on Sat. and Friday nights, line forms on the left.
                      You are welcome.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wipp,

I know this is off your topic but you have the best avatar I've ever seen!

With that out of the way, I think Gore Galore hit the nail on the head. Good idea!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

On one of Larry's videos shows Castle Blood at a parade. Horse riders in full midaeival costumry. Definitely a showstopper.

High school football halftime game shows, perhaps?
                          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X