How Many Kindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Kindle?

Hi all! I've been considering offering my books in ebook format, i.e. Kindle and other electronically downloadable formats. Do any of you use electronic devices to download and read books? I'm curious to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance for your input!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Yep, my wife and I share one. Love it.

Comment

Hey Kelly! Great idea on the digital version. I have actually searched for your book on the Apple bookstore on my iPad.

Comment

iPad is the biggest seller... I think most eBook readers, regardless of who makes the reader, all accept the same file type? So, maybe you could make one e-version of your book and have it accepted on all platforms?

Just a thought! Remember, Apple will be releasing the iPad 2 sometime this year; and if history shows us anything it's that Apple is and will always be the LEADER in the industry!

-Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Good Idea

I personally am not an e-booker -- I'mold school and want paper in hand - but I knwo it is a very popular format these days.

BTW -- any release date for your DVD in the series (Team Orientation and Safety Training)? Really enjoyed the first 2 books and anxious to get the DVD.

Thanks!
          Brenda & Barry

admin@darkfears.net
          www.darkfears.net

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I really do appreciate it!

In regard to the release of my DVD, last year presented a number of challenges, including the passing of Lee's Dad and we just never seemed to be able to get back on the DVD project. We planned to work on it this winter, but the winter has been severe and we've been waiting for the thaw! I do hope to get back to the video production early this year. As soon as I have a projected availability date, I'll definitely post an update. Thanks so much for the interest!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hey Kelly,

You can self publish your books to Amazon and get them available on the Kindle network. Their software is available on Kindle devices and iPhones, iPods, iPads, and Android phones. It would be great distribution network for you and nice to be able to immediately download your books.
              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thanks Charles! I've actually been looking into this and I'm considering it. I appreciate the encouragement!

Also, I'm sending you a PM about your haunt Apps! I'm really interested in learning more about this!

Thanks again!

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Grateful

Hi Kelly,

First of all I wanted to say you've done a great job on your haunt books! My wife bought your books/DVD for me this past Christmas, even though the rest of my family thought it was an odd Christmas present (I'm sure we have all experienced this).

Anyway...My business partner and I have been intensely planning a haunt in order to make a presentation to out local Community Center to use their building. The building has been used for haunts in the past, but 3 years ago, the building was trashed and the Center vowed they would never allow a haunt to take place there again.

Our pesentation was SO much easier to prepare thanks to your informative books. Our presentation, turned a room full of "No way's", into a unanomous "YES". Now that we are approved, the documents in the FTM DVD are invaluable!

If I had a Kindle or any other e-readrer, and I didn't already own your books, I would have bought them in a heart beat.

Btw, our Haunt will be a fundraiser for the High School where I teach.

Again, Thanks SO much for you experience!
                  www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your positive experience and feedback! It's stories like this that make the invenstment of time, energy and finances in writing the books worthwhile! I'm sincerely touched by your story as I know what it means to be able to pursue a dream. Please keep us all posted on your progress as you continue to turn your dreams into reality and manifest your haunted attraction fund raising business. It's awesome that you are going to be supporting the school where you teach. This is a testament to your passion and calling as a teacher as well and combining two powerful passions can only produce incredible results! Congratulations!!!

Kel

By the way, I hope you don't mind... I shared your testimonial on my Haunt Book Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/note.php?cre...91267840908085
                    Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Feel free

Oh, by all means. Please use it.

If you want to keep up with our progress, we have a facebook page too.

www.facebook.com/catacombproductions

We are planing something quite unique. Beacuse of a lack of money, we have to be REALLY creative. Focusing on story, actors and an awesome building(old schoolhouse built in 1937).

We look forward to sharing in the months ahead.
                      www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Awesome! I just friended you from the Haunt Book Facebook page and the Raycliff Manor page.

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Yessir-

Got one for Christmas and love it. Would like nothing more than having haunt related material to download.

Comment

hey, I ust came here looking to see if there were any ebooks around for the industry... I wish I'd have thought to look sooner! ANyway, Ive got a Kindle and the biggest problem I'm running into is finding reference books(on a lot of topics) in the Kindle format. Kindle uses a specific format(or formats, anyway) that most other readers don't. If you're going through with it, publish in as many formats as possible. A lot of readers have the ability to read PDF documents too, but a standard letter sized document comes out really small, fyi. Might want to keep that in mind if you release a pdf.

Oh, and I'm all for getting the ebook when it comes out!

Comment

Xoom is better.

More features. Something new comes out every week. Next it will be 4-d tv.......

Comment

Working...
                              X