I Spit on Your Grave - Let Me In - Paranormal 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spit on Your Grave - Let Me In - Paranormal 2

Okay so I've been watching a lot of DVD's while working on Hauntworld Magazine #27...

I saw these three movies...

Paranormal Activity 2: It was better than the first one, was very well done considering the type of movie it was. Very clever how they tied the first one and the second one together. I think it was a thumbs up!

Let Me In: Its a really creative indie type vampire film which has a really dark low budget kind of feel to it... I've never seen a vampire movie like this one before and I would say it moves a bit slow but in the end the movie really pays off well. I say... THUMBS UP!

Lastly, I saw the new I spit on Your Grave: This movie was a mix of Saw and the original version mixed with some other movies like 'Last House on the Left' and a few others. I think the script for this movie and the inspiration really came from the Saw series and its brutal to watch. This chic makes you squirm with what she does to these guys. It was a great new take on the old cult classic. The one scene where she cuts off the guys you know what in the original in this movie they give that scene a new twist and it left me nearly passed out. I give this film ahhh THUMBS UP!

Now onto My Soul to Take.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I saw My soul to take. I like Wes Craven but I wasnt real impressed with it. I would give it a C rating. Was looking at the movies you mentioned the other day. Was being a bit skeptical about them. Guess I will check them out. They sound alright. Still not sure about Paranormal Activity 2. I hated the first.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Don't bother with watching or renting Black Swan, it was horrible and really boring. Had a few interesting scenes but overall it was boring and felt very low budget.

DA

Comment

I though Let Me In was really really good but the original (Let the Right One In) is amazing. Best vampire flick ever.
        Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Oh also checked out Nite Tales with Flavor Flav as the Time Keeper. Lol! IF you want a good laugh rent this. Its about stupid! Thats why I rented it. To laugh!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Attention Larry:

If watching a movie on DVD made you almost pass out..you need to step back from the screen some more and say,"It's only a movie, it's all pretend, I'm OK, you're OK. it's only a movie."
            Keep your precious parts covered, this helps too.
            Just in case she comes out of the screen atcha!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Maybe Larry had one of those new 3D tv's Jim? If so it is coming out of the screen! LOL!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Larry,

i saw "i spit on your grave" the other day, honestly i found the first 40 minutes of the torture and rape are kinda tough to watch, but i agree, the ways she gets the guys back is awesome. Maybe we can get Unit 70 to make a guy with his eyelides pulled back and being eaten by animatronic crows?
                Shawn
                Fear Engineer
                HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

I still need to check out I Spit On Your Grave and Let Me In (Let the Right One In was excellent), but I did see Paranormal 2. Honestly, I hated the first one, I did like the second one a bit more, but I just feel like both of them are way overrated, I mean yes they have a few startling moments, but what horror movies out now don't? It's worth renting, but I would have been mad if I wasted the money to see it in theaters, like I was when I saw the first one in theaters.

I have to disagree about Black Swan, that was a great film I thought. If you are going into it thinking it is some horror flick, you will be disappointed.

Comment

I just saw "I spit on your Grave"...I love gore and this movie wasn't lacking in the shock or gore area at all...I give it an A+...I will admit this though,I tried to watch "The Fourth Kind" and couldn't do it..I made it far enough in to the movie to where I will never be able to look at a white Owl again..

Comment

Just finished I Spit On Your Grave. I thought it was decent remake. The ending was what really got me. One hell of a way to end a movie.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

I wasn't expecting a horror movie in Black Swan but I was hoping for a good movie, it proved to be neither.

I rented Paranormal Activity 2 and thought it started real slow but ended great, pretty cool movie.

DA

Comment

Just watched P.A. II although I can say it was better than the first one. That isnt sayin much. Wasnt impressed by it at all. Im ready for American Ghost Hunter to come out. If you all want to see what real ghosts and possession is wait for this movie. Then you might know the truth. These movies are fabricated low budget wanna be Hollywood crap and I wish they would quit making them! But there will be a 3 and possibly a 4 unfortunately but I wont be renting them or wasting my hard earned money on it!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                          X