Forums will be shut off.... Read on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums will be shut off.... Read on

Yeah I know 'shut off' what... yeah tonight later tonight the forums will go off line for about an hour or two.

WHY?

We are upgrading the forums to the newest version which allows you to do more than this one does. If you haven't noticed we also already updated the TOP TOC there so it links to different pages than before.

But the forums as a whole are going to be totally upgraded which will now feature twitter, facebook, so you can share things you like on the forums, better security stuff, blah, blah.

We are running with a very old version.

As I've said already several times we are changing everything on the site including the home page on Hauntworld.com, the state pages where you find haunts, profiles, and other new pages.

This is simply the first thing being done... so if you see the site GO OUT errr the Forums don't panic. It will come back on! I think the new version allows you to add blogs, chat with other users, and a bunch of other stuff.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Thank god for facebook or the chat room group would probably be in a frenzy right now lol!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Anyone

Know if it will be back up in time for the 9:00 sex talk? Shane and it's I so need it tonight! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

what about chat room it not: work

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
          Know if it will be back up in time for the 9:00 sex talk? Shane and it's I so need it tonight! Shane
          Sex talk and/or trivia time! hahah

Comment

Hey Larry, just curious if it's possible to see if a mobile site or app for iPhone (and droid) users is doable? It'd be very cool, seeing as how I'm never at my laptop anymore and seem to be on hauntworld on my iPhone during all my really boring lectures....until my battery dies. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
              Hey Larry, just curious if it's possible to see if a mobile site or app for iPhone (and droid) users is doable? It'd be very cool, seeing as how I'm never at my laptop anymore and seem to be on hauntworld on my iPhone during all my really boring lectures....until my battery dies. Lol.
              I agree! I'm destroying my phone battery to type this response. Hahah Droidddd

Comment

Yes it is... working on it. And the forums might be down tonight for an upgrade. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Thanks Larry! You're the man.

Comment

Okay its STILL NOT done yet... we have yet to upgrade the forums but its coming today for sure! We already purchased the newer version and the forums will go down today at some point. Additionally we are adding several new aps for the forums or should I say plug ins.

The new plug ins will allow for mobile users to use the system, chatting, and much much more. If the forums GO DOWN now you'll know why.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Okay now I KNOW I KEEP SAYING THIS... but here it goes again. We still have yet to make the upgrade and it should happen today. Every issue that was causing us not to update is now out of the way.

if you see it go down no worries.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Okay what do you think of the changes? We will now start to add new plug ins to the forum... if you want to suggest any let us know. If something isn't working let us know.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I like it so far... thanks for working on it! Although I must admit I hadn't read that they were going to be down and went to log on and had a bit of panic when it wouldn't come up. Amazing how much we take this site for granted! Thanks again for all you do!
                          "What I need is more power and less *@^! from you people....... HEY....... who took my tiara of pain!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X