Catwalk Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catwalk Ideas

One section of my haunt has a large open room, approximately 120' x 160' with 35' ceilings. In the very center are six support columns forming a rectangle that is 40' by 80' with a catwalk attached to the columns twelve feet off of the ground. The height of the catwalk can be adjusted. I want to take advantage of this catwalk and know this group will have some great ideas. First, on the layout would you try to get as many rooms/halls as possible to be positioned below the catwalk or limit it to one or two. And of course how would you take advantage of having actors/props or whatever using the catwalk above the poor, unsuspecting souls below. Thanks.
    Todd

I have a catwalk and actor/ puppeteer that covers about half my show, he has about 15 gags. The simplest gag he has is an airzooka- it works wonders.
    he has the classic spider on a fishing pole, drop bodies, he triggers several boggarts, and as I am outdoor he has ropes rigged to several trees and bushes for bush shakes. He also controls a spider web drop, and does general heckling from above.
    I would just build your show ignoring the catwalk, then work scares in where it intersects or where he has great vision (my guy has an array of door bell switches that activate lights and sounds). With 35 ft cielings you might consider a bungee scare from the cat walk.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Is a airzooka like a kids toy gun that pushes out air Allen? I think it is. I thought about trying one of these for my haunt when they first came out. But never got one. What is the effect. And how far can you use it?
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0-f4-azzc
        basically it shoots a ball of air, but it feel like your being touched, it really freaks them out when they turn and no one is there.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Whatever happened to the old days of just blowing out candles on your own wind power?
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

With that big room..

I would build a UFO in the center of it and guests could walk through it. The catwalk in the center would be the command bubble and the scare-station of course. they could walk around the saucer, see it from every angle.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You ever been to Area 51 Jim? Or has Area 51 come to visit you? Why is it called Area 51? Is that the name of the Military Base? Always wanted to go see it when I lived in Las Vegas. Never did. There was an airforce base just north of Vegas. Used to see all kinds of different and sometimes strange aircraft coming and goin near Sunrise Mountain.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

I was shown "pictures".

Taken by a woman's family in daylight of very odd looking flying objects . she lived near Mount Carroll for a few years , before they took her back there to the desert
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow Jim! Too bad you didnt get that picture or get a copy of that. Maybe its a good thing too. Or you may have had to been taken back to the dessert to. Never to be seen again. Cue Xfiles music! LOL! The unknown is scary! Maybe it isnt so unkown by the government?!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

I Liked "The X Files"

Because "Sully's" dumb, blank look was the most realistic look I ever saw on TV! "Look! there'a another one! It's on TV this time!"
                    Never saw that on TV before. Such naked realism. So truthfull! So daring. So career styfulling!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya she did now that you mention it! LOL!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                      X