New logo. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New logo. What do you think?

Here are 3 versions of my newly designed logo that I had Keegan create.

Just wanted to gage your guys' opinions on it and see what everyone thinks of them.

Im getting a few mixed opinions out there, so I'll see what you guys think.

Honest feedback please!!
    Attached Files
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Brad

First one! Shane and it's go with the color! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Honestly man, none of them! Maybe it's the skull... change the expression! IDK... I'd def. have him work up more/different designs! Hmmm... -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I like it, but I think the name should be bigger than the skull. The middle one is the easiest to read, and would look the best on a billboard.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I think the skull bat needs to be raised a little off the lettering. Also maybe one wing a little higher than the other w a slight slant to make it look like its flying in. Rather than some prop from Target. Also I would go with a red or blood splat look to give an emphasis on the word FEAR. Definately the color looks best. Also if he could do flames in the back would look awesome like a bat out of hell.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I like it for Kitsch if that's what you're going for. I'd love to mess around with levels and color if you want to send the layers .psd file. They'd be huge so you could use yousendit.com. I don't have time this week but would love to mess around with the layers, if you like one you can keep it.

This assumes he's using photoshop CS3 or newer. Whatever the case.

Also agree with Shane and Allen, a full color has a place and the desaturated middle one does as well, different applications.

Comment

The middle one, black background white logo looks more clean and classic but I agree with Tyler see what else they can do to make it stand out.

DA

Comment

I might be a little biased since I am a graphic designer through the day, but I think this logo falls short in the same way that many, many other haunts do. Specifically, i mean readability. Don,t get me wwrong, the bat-skull art is cool, but remember that a logos primary function is to make your business instantly distinguishable.

Sometimes we designers get so tied up in using cool images and textures, that we completely abandon the purpose of the design.

That being said, i kinda dig the bat-skull logo and especially like how it still visually holds up in black and white. If it were my company, i would just stress to the designer that it needs to convey my name more clearly.

Just my two-cents.

Comment

Tyler
                  Im not sure what your problem is with the logos but you seem to be on here alot bashing alot of things. Now I havent seen your haunt but if the people on the boards that youve bashed went through and saw all your hard work, then said IT SUCKS...Blow it up and rebuild it, wouldnt you be alittle hurt about it. Granted I know he asked for opinions, but do you have to say SCRAP THEM ALL? Maybe next time you should point out the good, instead of the bad....maybe then you will get respect around here.
                  Last edited by spookhole; 02-15-2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I like the one with the black background for ads and stuff, but I think the color one would look the best on tshirts.

Maybe add a little to the color one, too. I like the way they look though

Comment

Spook,

Something good.... I LOVE the text and the logo itself.

But the skull needs changing, maybe just an expression change. These are NOT three different designs, I work in Photoshop/Illustrator every day, these are just the same logo's with different effects over them.

Of them all, the first one is the best. But I think, THINK, the skull needs to be completely changed or modified in some way.

Just a thought, nothing more.

-Tyler

PS: I don't always blast/bash everything... I am however very BRASH and I will speak my mind whether someone likes it or not. I do have a good eye for these things because I do it for a living! But I don't like something, or I think something is not as I would do it, I'll say it. But YOU must keep in mind that it's an opinion, don't take it so personally. Brad's haunt is not mine and he can do whatever he pleases with such, I only offered a suggestion to a friend!
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Brad i agree on moving the skull and wings up a little, and maybe try making the wings out of bones and thick webs or torn cloth type texture for the skin on the wings.

Shawn
                        http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

I think the Fear should be changed to red in all of them....and then scrap the skull and put Boob Lady's face in the middle of it
                          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I agree with Tyler. The Text part of the logo is great. It doesnt stand out. If you are going to want a skull and the wings - possibly use a bat skull. I would also reccomend putting a .com on your logo if your haunt is untilmatefearhauntedhouse.com. Worked great for us. Everywhere our logo is - sends customers to the website.
                            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Erick, I will be adding the website to all of our advertising. I jsut wanted to get a base logo to start with.

So far, this logo is everything that I wanted it to be, but it's always good to get a few outside opinions on it. I appreciate all the honest feedback, and I have a better idea of what to do now.

But if anyone else wants to chime in and give their .02, feel free!
                              Brad Bowen
                              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                              X