No announcement yet.

Talon Falls On Fire! This SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad story, I wish the best for them!!! Hope they can get all cleaned up by October and maybe rebuild what burned. Good news is the Haunted House and Hayride portion are safe from damage.

I hope that this does not hurt the industry making it more difficult to do outdoor events, due to the fact the firefighters had a hard time reaching the fire's. This is an important topic I think should be explored more.

For those who have an outdoor maze, how can we make it, so that the Firefighter's don't have a hard time reaching fire's? And should outdoor attractions be treated with Fire Shield???

So the big question is, will this impact or change Haunted Attractions and add more safety guildlines?

Brian
    Mr. Haunt

Comment

Best wishes to the Talon Falls team. This does bring up an issue I've pondered for a long while though, which is better (proper) safety and fire codes for "outdoor" attractions, which I think can be more dangerous than indoor haunts for a variety of reasons.
      Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
      Haunted Nashville
      Turbidite Manor

Comment

I did hate to see the guy bringing up the fact that the fire was hard to get to! Always got to kick a person when there down I just don't get it. My fire inspector told me last year that there were new rules coming out this year for outdoor haunts/events to. I did not think much of it because I am not outside and would not want to be. Lawd it's enough to hear complaints then to hear your staff is freezing is just an unwanted headache I can live without! Anyway again I am sorry to hear this guys hang in there. Shane and it's your in my thoughts! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

I dont know if they would really be able to open either. This is really bad. I was looking at there site and video after Ben was talking to them and I was like wow this place really looks magnificent. I think if I could have been able to attend and had bought a ticket I would have just donated the money to them. I wouldnt have asked for any money back. Maybe we can start a fund to help them out some? I know people on here have done that in the past in other bad situations. My heart goes out to them. But thank god no one was there when it did happen. It looked like an inferno! Not good at all!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Sounds to me like there wasn't an emergency plan/book used. We are forced to have an emergency plan at every entrance/exit of our building. This 100-page binder contains all of our safety material, certifications, flame retardant info and MSDS, and a TON of floorplans and layouts highlighting where exits are, marking routes and faster emergency routes, overhead plans indicating where every sprinkler head is...

There wouldn't have been a problem here if a plan like this was used. Todd may have one and in the fury of things happening, no one thought to grab it... but... if your an outdoor show, I'd suggest adding this at the entrance of the property somewhere with layouts, acreage plans... even elevation plans! Here, the fire dept. will just let the building burn until they've reviewed our safety binder. Not to mention that EVERY station in the county comes here for daytime tours and binder review in the off-season just so they can get familiar with the place.

This sounds like it may have been an issue, and I suggest that EVERYBODY put a plan like this together! It could save lives and your show!

I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt at Talon Falls and that they will rebuild the show. It is a truly spectacular show! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Such a sad shame to see this happen to anyone. Our thoughts are with everyone!

Comment

Im very sorry to here this, I hope it was not a bunch of haters!!
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Oh my! How awful that something like this has happened to our haunt community! My thoughts are with all of you! May you have a speedy rebuild. Thank goodness that not one was hurt.

Sue
                  http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Just a thought, but how about one of the trusted haunt vendors at the convention have a donation bucket or something? I would be happy to drop some money into it.....
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Couple things...

1) Rick you said "1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.'

That seems to imply that this fire was arson like these guys had this coming to them...I know you worked there and live real close, are you suggesting someone burnt the place down? That is what I see here... by reading what you said. Please elaborate.

2) I talked to Todd today... here are the details.

They were getting the place ready to go for TW and they LEFT and went to dinner. When they came back the place was in flames! I will tell you what there might have been someone up there who burnt the place down, have you seen the flames its like it had gasoline all over the place. Todd and his wife are two of the best people around. Unfortunatly they had NO insurance... all of their attractions burnt to the 14047280_BG3.JPGground but two.

This is simply tragic and certainly not the time to be telling people they had it coming to them!

I think that was way out of line.

Larry
                      14047280_BG6.jpg
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, I was going to post similar thoughts earlier but just didn't. I completely agree with you. good post.
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        A.J. Porfirio

Comment

That's one of the creepiest things on this forum. Seriously, NO ONE deserves to have that happen to them. NO ONE. This is a tragedy. I've never been to KY, but heard about this haunt up here, and I would love to have been able to see the entire attraction.

As for what Larry said, I thought the exact same thing. I'm not making ANY assumptions, but dude, that is just low. End of story.

Hopefully they rebuild it to its original glory and then some, so maybe one day I'll be able to fly down and see it.

Comment

I don't think Rick meant anything by his post. He's not saying that they deserved what happened. He's just saying that everyone should treat each other respectfully and it will be more unlikely for arson to happen. That's what I took from it at least.
                            Spooky Wishes
                            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

It's possible, but the wording alone makes me uneasy. I can't imagine how the owners of the haunt feel regardless of what he releases, that was NOT an appropriate time to bring past(?) issues up.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmag
                                As someone who volunteered at Talon Falls for roughly five years and quit due to many issues. I'm glad nobody's hurt and I hope this wasn't arson but only time will tell. We can all learn two lessons from this:

1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.

2. Safety. Fire retard anything and everything and make sure there's nothing obstructing any paths. Imagine if this had been two weeks later during the tour. Glad it happened when nobody was there.
                                Ok maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt here...lets say you really arent good with wording things. But this is getting silly. It sounds like you are one that started this...Not saying you are but look at how you worded this statement. "Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle"...Yeah sure it does if an angry employee takes time outta his day to post on a FIRE thread, with all the other haunters saying we are sorry to hear about this...for you to come on and say that...You make me sick, way to come off as a Grade A asshole...As for Talon Falls...they have alot of people offering to help...I will also throw my hat in to the ring

Comment

Working...
                                X