No announcement yet.

Talon Falls On Fire! This SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im an actor and prop/costumer maker maybe once the designs are set i could make a couple costumes or props to help. Its about 5 hours from me so i could probably come for one or 2 days of the weekend to help

Comment

i am so sad to hear this!! but look on the lighter side.. Todd can make this part of his story or theme of his haunt. Say this.. hell's fire has opened and the undead lord has released his nightmare monsters! from the pit of hell's fire comes the most creepiest thing on earth!!

after you rebuild every thing, something like this can help you out for your haunt.. make it part of your haunt.

but all in all, rebuild is the first thing on any ones mind right now.. I hope everyone will help on this!!

a haunt should never go down this this.. from the ashes it will rise and reclame it's scares!!
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

Someone made a comment about insurance... I don't want to beat up on Todd here because he's NOT ALONE in this but its just bad business not to insure your content, not to insure your attractions in case you lose everything in a fire, disaster, flood, whatever... House of Shock went through this a few years ago with Katrina ... its absolutely NOT in your best interest to not insure your haunted house. You only realize it when its too late... let this serve as a lesson to everyone, INSURE YOUR PROPERTY, PERIOD!

Todd unfortunatly has to be the example for everyone to understand what a mistake it is not to insure your property... so lets all run out and insure our property TODAY!

Let this serve as a lesson to all of us...

On the other note... I'm down with helping Todd rebuild a haunt from scratch. We can do it!

We will do it.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'm not picking on anyone here....

BUT, not getting insurance is about the dumbest thing I can think of. It's your business, and getting insurance is a no brainer. Seriously, how does this sort of thing still go on in this industry??? Just doesn't make sense.

With all the out-pouring of support posted here, where is Todd's response? It seems as though by now he'd be on here thanking all of you for being so supportive in their time of need? It's very nice of you all to offer your time and support and it says a lot for the industry to respond that way.

DA

Comment

Hey I like Todd, but I will agree not getting insurance was probably the dumbest thing he could have NEVER DONE! There is no excuse for it, but I'm sure no I'm nearly positive that he's one of many many haunted houses out there with no insurance on their property. I think most people think this won't ever happen to me... but it did!

I think we all are learning from this event, and I'd bet a bunch of us are running out and getting this insurance right now!!!

But it doesn't hide the fact that it happened, its over and we can come together and help fix the problem.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

Comment

Todd, my thoughts and prayers are with you daily!!!

To anyone using this as a lesson learned and now searching insurance options for yourself, I recommend Westland Insurance. Ken Donat will go above and beyond to meet your insurance needs.

Westland Insurance
              Ken Donat: 608-768-0401
              www.westlandinsurance.com
              email: ken.donat@westlandinsurance.com
              Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
              www.HauntWorld.com
              www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
              www.FindHauntedHouses.com
              It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Larry,

Going in and rebuilding his haunt is only putting a band-aid on it if he doesn't get insurance this time. Also, the industry will not learn anything from this tragedy if everyone does not heed this warning and gets insurance. If it turns out that people still did not get insurance, this all was a waste for advancing the industry. If we jump in every time to fix people's negligence will they ever learn?

DA

Comment

Dear Haunters:

Thank you for your overwhelming show of support following the fire at our attraction last Wednesday night. This tragedy has not only devastated our family and community, but I know it has hit very close to home for each of you in the haunted house industry. Your kind words, spirit and encouragement have helped us get through some very dark days.
                  They say tragedy brings out the best in people, and now that I’ve been faced with it, I have to agree. As you might imagine, the past several days have been a whirlwind, but we are now focused on moving forward, and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. Also, If you have purchased tickets for Talon Falls Haunt Tour, you will receive a full refund. If you already have plans to be in the Paducah area on March 8, please contact us if you would like a personal tour.
                  Best Regards,
                  Todd & Shell Ferren – Talon Falls Screampark

Comment

Todd, it's good to hear from you on here.

I hope that we can help you out tremendously in the next few months on whatever you have planned for. Im lending myself to anything, and I mean anything you need.

If I'm in the states when the time comes, and my haunt is on target, then i will do what I can in my power to help you out.
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Hope that they are able to recover, I dont know them personally but They were a featured haunt in front of mine, and oddly enough we have had many Visitors from Kentucky at DarkSyde Acres that have made mention of Talon Falls.....
                      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

fire

this is truely a sad sight to see. Hope all is well in the year 2011
                        http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                        sigpic
                        "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          Here is the deal... yes it can be done if you get about 40 people on the job. You would need a lot of tools, all the materials in place on site, and a lot of donations props and stuff... no you couild do the electric, and stuff like that ... this would be up to Todd later once we've built the attraction. To be honest you could do the electric to if he had local guys on there the whole entire time.

There are many things you have to do first...

1) Design the attraction and sumbit the plans for approval.
                          2) Seek industry donations
                          3) Would need about $50,000 in materials.
                          4) Make a site visit ahead of time.
                          5) Have an organized game plan with ONE person directing traffic otherwise it will be a huge mess

Here is what I say... we make this a camping experience have bonfires (whoops did I just say that LOL) and we treat this just like a camping trip.

That would be fun!

I can bring 4 or 5 guys for sure.

Once all the above can be done we could do this for sure.

Larry

PS: Read the Hauntworld BLOG for more details and to see a video of the fire.
                          That does actually sound fun.
                          Jared Layman

Comment

So what ever happened with this. Larry, are you still trying to spearhead this project?
                            Brad Bowen
                            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

According to their Facebook page looks like they have been having some fundraisers of their own for the rebuild and looks to be going well. Ironically enough looks like some of the big fundraisers were with fireworks! Good to see they are bouncing back! Fire is a devastating thing. I actually just had a friend who's family owns a practically local landmark bowling alley almost lose it to a fire today....nasty stuff.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

This is horrible!! However what about extreme home makeover ?? I do have some phone numbers not sure it would help but if todd was cool with this i will make the calls!! Hell maybe they would be willing to help. However it may be to late in the season??
                                Last edited by screamline studios; 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X