Talon Falls On Fire! This SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messed-Up Things Happen Easily

About two years ago a local woman was visiting her friend in Florida. The garage caught on fire, the Fire Department arrived to find easy access to the fire blocked by some trees at the entrance to the lane, the trees grew there making the curves too sharp for a big Fire Truck to turn through them.
    By the time an alternate route was found, running over someone else's farm field, the garage fire was much bigger.
    Trees "Grow", but who could have anticipated them being such a potentually hazardous problem?
    The ruins of the tragic fire would be a tourist attraction in and of itself, for awhile. Sort of like the old story of the retired circus elephant being an attraction, then it died, so then people came to see "Where it was buried!"?
    All the while work could be secretly started to create the burnt, now scrap metal into an animated pile of metal able to rise up, and become a transformed, transformer-type of monster. Make it tall with a big voice, pointing and saying "I will find the arsonist!"
    Maybe good PR could be generated by such an image to compete with Smokey The Bear? Taking Tallon Fals along for the publicity ride, of course.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

spookhole:

Actually, on the contrary, I wouldn't wish this on my enemy and I'm not even in KY nor have I been for months. I hope it wasn't arson and I've heard from other people that have helped build the park that it was more than likely due to the way the electric was wired throughout talon falls. Perhaps my choice of words was wrong and for that I am a big enough person to say I was wrong and I apologize to anyone that it may have offended. I am glad that nobody got hurt and I hope that he is able to bounce back from this. Regardless of anything that has happened in the past I still don't take joy in this. I've been praying for him, his wife, daughter and son and will continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        Couple things...

1) Rick you said "1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.'

That seems to imply that this fire was arson like these guys had this coming to them...I know you worked there and live real close, are you suggesting someone burnt the place down? That is what I see here... by reading what you said. Please elaborate.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7987[/ATTACH]
        No I'm not suggesting that Larry and I hope that nobody did. As I said in another post from the people I've talked to that had actually helped build the park they seem to think it may have been due to electrical. And I am not in KY at the moment nor have I been for months. My comment was made in a general sense. You know the old saying "treat others the way you want to be treated because karma has a way of coming back to bite you in the rear" it wasn't meant as a stab at anyone
        Last edited by hsmag; 02-18-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
          I don't think Rick meant anything by his post. He's not saying that they deserved what happened. He's just saying that everyone should treat each other respectfully and it will be more unlikely for arson to happen. That's what I took from it at least.
          That's exactly the way it was intended. But I'm not just talking arson here, I'm talking about in general.

Comment

I think everyone agrees that this is a tragic thing no matter what the circumstances. My thoughts go out to them, and hope for a speedy rebuild.
            http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Is there any word about a way to donate to their recovery? Like maybe a PayPal account? I know I'm not the only one that would be willing to donate to help these guys out!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I think the lesson here is that you should keep the personal feeling to yourself and simply wish them the best of recovery. It definately came across in poor taste and could be interpreted in many different ways. It is so unfortunate that they didn't have insurance. If any vendors decides to do a donation bucket, please post it here. I think the TH has a support group across the country that is more than willing to help with money, labor, etc. Good luck!

Comment

Would any of you be willing to meet up there in a couple months and build an entire haunted house in like three days... would anyone be willing to organize all donations?

I think we could an entire haunted house in 3 days if we get enough people to help. I'll bring my entire crew. Anyone else up for it?

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What dates are you thinking for re-building the haunt? I'd love to help out and probably would be able to come down with a few people to lend a hand. I don't have a ton of experience but I'd love to help out if I can and that sounds like a lot of fun.
                    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

I'm willing to help and I'm sure I could gather some people! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

3 days?

Larry,

3 days? Remember, we're not as young as we once were.

Regardless, we would be willing to help in any way we can, let me know.

Chris
                        Chris Stafford
                        1331 Entertainment Group
                        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I'm definitely in. I'll likely have 5 or 6 people with me to lend a hand. I think a weekend would be best. When he's ready, we should have Todd sit down with a couple of us to formulate a plan.
                          Kip Polley
                          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Im in

I would like to throw my hat in the Ring...Im just an actor but give me a hammer or something and I can help out
                            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

If it was closer this would be something great I would like to help with. I think its a wonderful idea! I think someone if there is someone extra should video tape it and take pictures of it all. Something like this should be documented and shared with others. If I can get away I would be there to help! I will have to see.
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Please let me know!

I will try my best here as well! Shane and it's I will bring some folks! Shane
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X