Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect boldness of thread titles has been fixed - thanks [MENTION=4]Karl Fields[/MENTION].
    hauntworldadmin
    sigpic

Comment

guys the facebook thing really is not a big deal to me. I don't think it would attract more regular customers to regularly follow the forums even if facebook was connected but I certainly could be wrong. At any rate, I deleted the posts because this thread should be about Aaron getting stuff done. Not arguments about to include facebook or not.
      ----------------------------------------------
      A.J. Porfirio

Comment

The white font looks MUCH better!

I'm sure you are still probably tinkering with things, but I just visited a member profile and all of the fields were orange! I suggest turning them to the original gray used throughout the site.

Other than that, things look great!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Profile Info

Larry,
          Unable to change pic and info in profile.
          Thx,
          Kim:-(

Comment

A J why did you delete it this thread asked us what we thought of the new forum and this topic seems to be a point of interest. Thanks Brad for posting your opinion. I work at a haunt, you also don't own a haunt, but Brad does own one so as an owner his opinion probably means more than ours.

I think anyone can choose to share whatever they want to and can have 100% transparency if they choose but in my opinion sharing everything you're doing not only invites the public in and could potentially create competition for yourself but it also gives your competition an inside look what you're working on and time to counter it.

For example, Imagine you start posting this coolest new costume you are working on to set you apart from your competition. It's a huge project and expense and your FB friends love it and can't wait to see it. Then you find out one of your "friends" on FB was using those pics and created a costume that blows yours away? That would suck and you'd have no one to blame but yourself. It's an example, maybe not a great one but it could apply to anything you're doing.

Inviting people in to see everything might keep friends interested but there is also something to be said for using your website launch alone like we always have done to show what's new just before the season kicks off. The suspense in waiting to see what is new and what they can expect is great reason for them to cone back to your website at a time when it really matter, when it's tine to actually buy tickets.

Also, wouldn't Facebook friends be people who already know about you? The idea is to get new business so you can grow Facebook friends are people who have already visited or like minded people...

DA

Comment

[MENTION=9803]Haunted Farm[/MENTION] - issues with modifying avatar and profile information have been resolved.

We are still working on converting all the color schemes over.
              hauntworldadmin
              sigpic

Comment

Thoughts on everything in here so far

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                I agree with others. Get rid of the gray text. It sucks. Please lose or thin down the orange bars. I also agree about burning your retina. Espesscially when im up late on H.W at 3 am. Sitting in the dark. And a phone app would be nice. Also dress up the top banner when you get a chance. It looks too plain. Maybe add facebook with a password for serious users. Its getting bad enough with newbies like Catie and Devon! LOL! Love you guys! Ha! Other than that everything is great!
                Thanks
                Damon
                Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                I agree with others. Get rid of the gray text. It sucks. Please lose or thin down the orange bars. I also agree about burning your retina. Espesscially when im up late on H.W at 3 am. Sitting in the dark. And a phone app would be nice. Also dress up the top banner when you get a chance. It looks too plain. Maybe add facebook with a password for serious users. Its getting bad enough with newbies like Catie and Devon! LOL! Love you guys! Ha! Other than that everything is great!
                Thanks
                Damon
                lol thanks damon. -___- :|

---------

I think that the 3 dollar app sounds better than the iPhone-only less tested one.

---------

I agree with Allen's photo gallery suggestion. It'd be entertaining for us to have more pictures up.

---------

For the tagging people in posts thing, is there any way to have a drop down menu of names like Facebook does? Because right now if you typo'd their name, wouldn't the tag not work/make it useless to have done it?

---------

As far as the Facebook thing, though....maybe let them be connected but let there be a "member only" and "public" option for the visibility of the thread or something? So that every single person/potential customer that stumbles across this website doesn't see everything. That's kind of a compromise between everyone, do you guys think?

---------

No more quick reply option :cry:

I really like how it looks now, though. haha

Comment

Aaron

Used to be able to see statistics like threads started and posts entered by user. Don't see that anymore.
                  Last edited by Karl Fields; 02-18-2011, 06:22 PM.
                  http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Tapatalk is installed and working - this post is coming from their app on my mobile phone!

Search for Tapatalk in your app catalog or go to http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

I believe iPhone, Android, and WebOS versions are $3. Blackberry and Nokia are currently free.

More fixes and new features to be posted soon...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
                    hauntworldadmin
                    sigpic

Comment

We have a full featured chat app installed - it's available through the 'Chat' link on the top navigation bar. If you are not able to load it right away, give it 24 hours. We made some server changes (DNS propagation) which will take a bit of time to fully sync up.

As mentioned earlier, the forum is now Tapatalk enabled so load up those mobile apps.

Facebook connect has been enabled but it's purely for the purpose of single-sign-on. It doesn't auto-post any details to your Facebook wall.

If you do wish to share a thread with the world (via Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Email, etc), you can do so using the Share/Save plugin at the top left of the thread toolbar. You can also Facebook Like a thread using the Like button at the top right.

The next major plugin will be a full featured photo album. Several bug/theme fixes previously mentioned will be addressed too.

What's the opinion on the Quick Reply feature? It can be enabled again if it's preferred.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!
                      hauntworldadmin
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X