Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with others. Get rid of the gray text. It sucks. Please lose or thin down the orange bars. I also agree about burning your retina. Espesscially when im up late on H.W at 3 am. Sitting in the dark. And a phone app would be nice. Also dress up the top banner when you get a chance. It looks too plain. Maybe add facebook with a password for serious users. Its getting bad enough with newbies like Catie and Devon! LOL! Love you guys! Ha! Other than that everything is great!
    Thanks
    Damon
    Last edited by damon carson; 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM.
    Damon Carson

Comment

White text for sure!
      Very hard to read in grey.
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

A.J.
        Please read my post and share with me where I said it was a top secret site?

For you, I'll break it down a bit more. This is where we as haunters come to talk shop, discuss our issues and concerns, many of which involve issues with the public. For example, there are threads on here that essentially makes fun of our guests and their reactions, or how stupid some things they say are, or other issues might be tricks of the trade on how we can get every dollar out of them, and so on. I doubt the major theme parks would let the general public "sit in" on their meetings. Am I right? I know it's a public forum, but the people who seek it out are those interested in the industry on a higher level than just being a guest. When you put it out there for all to see and invite them in, they will see us in a different light and that's not always a good thing. I hope that made it easier for you to understand my point...

DA

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245 Go to this link. You can find all the plug ins for this message board. Take a few minutes and read through some and make some suggestions. We are going to install a plug in for mobil phones, and yes on the font color, and yes on facebook connect all coming. Keep posting please... we have some really good guys on the job here who know what they are doing and doing a great job. They are also watching the thread so they'll see the complaints and the suggestions. They can fix it. Thanks Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Darkangel makes a good point there is a lot here that we wouldn't want our customers to see.

AJ, I've seen several times lately where some of you complain about Darkangel's posts but you provoke him with comments like the one you just made. He made a valid point and I for one agree.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
              Definitely agree with Shane about the text. The light gray on gray is a pain to read.
              plus one...

Comment

Hey Allan thanks a lot!

I'm not worried about though AJ and I will get to know each other better since I'll be hanging around him at the party! Lol

Anyway back on topic.... I agree too a lighter text would be easier to read. Other than that it's pretty much the same as before.

DA

Comment

List

On the bottom of the page where it says members on line and guest it does not show the members names thats on line. Shane and it's lets see whos on! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

DA,

for some reason I Doubt you will be at the party. But both of you can find me at the show if you really want to follow me around.
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Hello!

I'm Aaron - one of the guys working on the forum upgrade. As you've noticed, the major suggestions have already been applied:

- White body text instead of grey
                      - Orange header bars toned down

A couple new plug-ins have been installed as well. Most important for you guys is User Tags. You can now tag other user in your posts similar to Twitter and Facebook. When a user is tagged, they receive a notice on their profile page and shoutbox with a link to the thread/post tagging them. You can also tag users at the very top of a thread, drawing their attention to something you think they'll be interested in. In-post tagging is done by prepending their username with the '@' symbol and appending it with the ';' symbol. Full details are available here.

Some upcoming changes:

- I'll be updating the graphics and icons to match the darker orange. We'll also get unique "no posts"/"new posts" icons in place as pointed out by [MENTION=4]Karl Fields[/MENTION];

What we need feedback on:

- User [MENTION=6351]Allen H[/MENTION]; mentioned a photo gallery section for each member so that you can display your hard work, is this an interest of others as well?
                      - User [MENTION=11100]MovieRelics[/MENTION]; mentioned email addresses of new users being displayed, we haven't found where this is occurring. Any additional details available?
                      - We plan on integrating mobile phone support but would like your opinion before proceeding. The best rated solution for this is Tapatalk. It's available for BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, and Nokia but the downside is that it costs $3 in the app stores. There are some other free solutions for you guys, but they're limited to mostly iPhone and not near as highly tested and rated. You can see a video of Tapatalk quickly reviewed here. Thoughts?

We hope everyone is enjoying the upgrade and please share your feedback!
                      hauntworldadmin
                      sigpic

Comment

Aaron,

Thanks for working so hard on the message board upgrades. I saw what [MENTION=11100]MovieRelics[/MENTION]; was talking about. It was on the forum home page at the bottom where it mentions the most recent new user. It was an email address before, but I just checked and now it is just a username. So I'm not sure if someone maybe just signed up with there email address as their username or something, or if it just got fixed.

Thanks,
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=10864]zombiphobe[/MENTION]; - I checked the user list and indeed someone used their email address for the username.

Also - we just got the Pro version of UserTags. Getting that installed now so the ugly markup can be removed from the posts!
                          hauntworldadmin
                          sigpic

Comment

Aaron

In the last several hours something weird happened (at least in my side). All of the subjects show in bold, which used to signify unread posts. Reading the posts or marking the Forum, or All Forums, as read is having no bearing on the boldness. Is there something I am missing? Tried on Chrome and IE7.

Nice new spell checker
                            http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Pro version installed - tagging can now be done with a simple prepended '@' and the markup will not show in the actual post.

i.e.:
                              [MENTION=18604]hauntworldadmin[/MENTION]
                              hauntworldadmin
                              sigpic

Comment

DA is right on this

[QUOTE=Darkangel;111382]A.J.
                                Please read my post and share with me where I said it was a top secret site?

For you, I'll break it down a bit more. This is where we as haunters come to talk shop, discuss our issues and concerns, many of which involve issues with the public. For example, there are threads on here that essentially makes fun of our guests and their reactions, or how stupid some things they say are, or other issues might be tricks of the trade on how we can get every dollar out of them, and so on. I doubt the major theme parks would let the general public "sit in" on their meetings. Am I right? I know it's a public forum, but the people who seek it out are those interested in the industry on a higher level than just being a guest. When you put it out there for all to see and invite them in, they will see us in a different light and that's not always a good thing.

I fully agree on this. Yes, it is not a top secret site, but mainly the industry insiders know it is here. The general public could have access to reading our info, but how many usual customers know about this forum?
                                We can't let the general public know about this thru any kind of facebook linking.

DA
                                Brad Bowen
                                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                                X