New Forums... What do you think so far? New Hauntworld.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forums... What do you think so far? New Hauntworld.com

I hope everyone likes all the new features on the new forums including now having the ability to post something here and share with any of the social network sites, a new chat room, a new photo gallery coming soon, and much much more. I hope you like everything so far... we plan on adding even more. Read the main thread about the forums and learn how to view the message board now with a mobile phone ap, and much more.

In addition to all of this we have NEW features coming soon to your haunt profile, a new Hauntworld.com home page, a new featured haunted house page, we are correcting major errors in our site that I only became aware of recently that are hurting our google rankings, those are being fixed, we've reinvested every dime into this site. I hope you can suggest other features you'd like to see on teh site as we go along.

All of the new Hauntworld features will be done by March 10th (Transworld Show).

New features for your profiles include ... well you'll see soon enough. Let me say this that we are really excited.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Definitely major improvements Larry! Already connected my Facebook to here and playing with the new stuff on here. Thanks!

Comment

Definitely major improvements Larry! Already connected my Facebook to here and playing with the new stuff on here. Thanks!

Also, the iPhone app, it costs $2.99? I don't mind paying but I was confused, it brought me to tapatalk in the app store? Is that right and how does it work?

Comment

"Profiles?"

Would they be like target silloettes? When they turn sideways they get too skinny to hit! hahaha!
        I think this new stuff is easier to look at and I have been fumbling my way through it.
        Is the state capital of Missouri really "The Darkness", Larry? I kept getting "Wrong" when I typed that in for some reason.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry, what happened to the Sticky thread "New Forums... Need your help"? It shows that its closed to me.

1 glitch I noticed is at the bottom of a multi paged thread. At the "Quick Navigation" tab where you can quickly jump from one Forum section to another.

When you click on the tab, and it brings up the forum selection mini screen... the page #s of your current thread overlap the mini screen, and it covers up a forum selection.
          Attached Files
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Also, I wanted to add that I like the idea of having a personal picture gallery.

And I'm having trouble finding the new iPhone app. What do I need to search for in the AppStore? I searched for "Tapatalk", "Hauntworld" (which didnt really look like it was it), and "Hauntworld Forum" with no luck.

And the new setup for posting pics on here is cool. I like how it saves previously posted pics to be able to repost.
            Last edited by brad; 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Your other Sticky thread is closed, so I'm adding this note here for you guys to review. Your link for the Chat room on the VB menu bar on top goes to the 123flashcaht plug-in, but you've got the other "Live Chat" link below the leaderboard ad linking back to the old flash chat. It's a little confusing and you might want to pick one or the other and fix the links.
              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Pm status % full

Larry is it possible to have the percentage % of the pm's full or not full put back on by the notifications of pm's on the home forum page? I get alot of pm's and I would like to know how full they are so I dont miss anyones message.
                Thanks,
                Damon
                Last edited by damon carson; 02-19-2011, 10:09 PM.
                Damon Carson

Comment

Damon?

"You get alot of PM's?
                  PM's = Pregnant Mothers? Do you know what's causing it? Stay in bed for a few days (Alone) see if this clears it up?
                  Just trying to help.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No Jim lol! Not those kind of pm's. Ha!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post

Also, the iPhone app, it costs $2.99? I don't mind paying but I was confused, it brought me to tapatalk in the app store? Is that right and how does it work?
                      The mobile Tapatalk client is $2.99 for iPhone/iPad, Android, and WebOS. The iTunes App Store link is here.

The makers of vBulletin also just released their own FREE! iPhone app which can be downloaded here.
                      hauntworldadmin
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                        Larry, what happened to the Sticky thread "New Forums... Need your help"? It shows that its closed to me.

1 glitch I noticed is at the bottom of a multi paged thread. At the "Quick Navigation" tab where you can quickly jump from one Forum section to another.

When you click on the tab, and it brings up the forum selection mini screen... the page #s of your current thread overlap the mini screen, and it covers up a forum selection.
                        If you're using IE 7 or newer, ensure Compatibility Mode is turned OFF. When it's turned on, some of the pop-up menus display underneath other page elements. Working with Compatibility Mode is explained here.
                        hauntworldadmin
                        sigpic

Comment

couldn't get photo upload to work today, worked around it hosting the .jpeg on my own site and embed tags from HW. image met the previous specs under 600x600 97.0kb

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                            Also, I wanted to add that I like the idea of having a personal picture gallery.

And I'm having trouble finding the new iPhone app. What do I need to search for in the AppStore? I searched for "Tapatalk", "Hauntworld" (which didnt really look like it was it), and "Hauntworld Forum" with no luck.

And the new setup for posting pics on here is cool. I like how it saves previously posted pics to be able to repost.
                            The mobile app is listed in iTunes App Store as Taptalk Forum App by Quoord System. You can find it here. Once Tapatalk is installed, search for "hauntworld" or "haunted house forum" within the app.
                            hauntworldadmin
                            sigpic

Comment

I like it Larry, it's must easier to navigate
                              ~Bill Mlinac
                              The Deadland Haunted House
                              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X