hayride helprde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayride helprde

We are to stop using our assorted fleet of people movers ( kicker wagons,car carryers, small rear loading wagons ) on our hayride and go with a single style plus we are ditching the 16 stero systems in the woods we bought fron many yard sales and go with sound systems on our tractors or wagons does anone have any pics of wagons or suggestions on sound systems
    Thanks
    Steve Wessolowski

Hayride help

bump looking for sage advice

Comment

Digital sound and lighting did the sound system on my hayride a few years back and they had to be bullet proof (literally). and they were pretty good. But I think you are over thinking it. what your really asking about is 12V audio. which there are 1,000,000 experts on out there. Car stereos. Build a cabinet and use a car stero that accepts MP3s. You then have digital sound on your hay wagon. Battery up the Wagon or Jack into the vehicles battery. Go to a car stereo shop and tell em what you need.
      Allen H

Originally posted by Harrisonburg Stoomper View Post
      We are to stop using our assorted fleet of people movers ( kicker wagons,car carryers, small rear loading wagons ) on our hayride and go with a single style plus we are ditching the 16 stero systems in the woods we bought fron many yard sales and go with sound systems on our tractors or wagons does anone have any pics of wagons or suggestions on sound systems
      Thanks
      Steve Wessolowski
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

hayride wagons

Steve,

I guess there are a few questions for you first. How many people are you looking to fit on a wagon? What size tractors/vehicles are you pulling your wagons with?What type of terrain do you have on your property?

We are going on 5 years at our hayride, and we also have an assorted style of wagon. I guess you need to work backwards. Start with the size of your tractors and the terrain of your property. We use 30hp tractors pulling wagons which have averaged between 35 and 40 people per wagon. Our smallest wagons are 28' x 8' and use 6 ton Pequea running gear http://www.machineryzone.com/used/ca...ning-gear.html like is shown here.

Our farm has flat terrain, and our wagons are pulled by the 30hp tractors without a problem. If we had any type of terrain, however, we would need to double the size of the tractors. Our tractors vary in size from 30hp to 210hp (overkill of course). Next figure how many customers you want to fit on each wagon, take a safe avg of 200lbs per person, and figure out how many tons your max load would be (50 ppl x 200lbs = 10000lbs) so a 6-ton chassis would be sufficient if you distribute the load properly.

Each haunted hayride that I've seen has its own system. I think that ours is the cheapest, but is not the most effective. We use 750w power converters and use a behringer self-powered 450w loudspeaker and cheap mp3 players operated by our wagon monitors. I have also seen people use a 4 channel 12v amplifier and car speakers mounted surround sound on the wagons... I have also seen a loudspeaker mounted just behind the driver on the back of the tractor. I think its custom depending on the farm.

If you have any more questions shoot me an e-mail patrick[MENTION=8969]legendsofthefog[/MENTION].com We are considering selling one or two of our wagons to build new. Let me know if you are interested.
        Patrick Barberry
        www.legendsofthefog.com
        sigpic

Comment

Talk to pete and joe at NILES Haunted Scream Park, they have the most impressive Hayride set up I have ever seen.
          www.haunted.org
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
          X