Pappy's Cousin?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pappy's Cousin?!

That's right! Skip Steele and Niki Puto - the people behind the famous Pappy's Smokehouse here in St. Louis - have done it again! Last Friday, they opened Bogart's Smokehouse essentially right next to The Darkness and Soulard's Market! Same Pappy's quality and service but more food options.

This place had better be ready for haunters in March! "Pappy's" by the haunt? What could be better?!

I'll go there soon and post a review!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gut...ow_open_in.php
    sigpic

What are the nicer steak restaurants near the convention center?

Thanks,
    Allan

Comment

Carmine's
      20 South 4th Street, Saint Louis, Missouri

That's a suggestion from Kip's wife. Other than that, I'm out. Any other St. Louis peeps have suggestions?

If you want the hands-down best steak in St. Louis - go to Lemp Mansion. It's pricey but sooooooo worth it.
      sigpic

Comment

A bunch of us went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse last year.; pricey but completely worth it.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Lauren, I need to try the new place next to Darkness!! Maybe a pre-tour dinner on friday night? Ill be in costume as well.
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

http://www.soulards.com/

Larry's favorite place is Soulard's Restaurant. It's 2 blocks away from The Darkness.

Check out the food photos here:
            http://www.soulards.com/

Check out the atmosphere photos here:
            http://soulardsrestaurant.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
            Patti
            Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
            www.HauntWorld.com
            www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
            www.FindHauntedHouses.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
            It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

...O and he loves Pappy's BBQ, so I'm sure he'll be trying this new place too. Thanks for the tip, Lauren!
              Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
              www.HauntWorld.com
              It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Here's one I like a lot... Lucas Park Grill, http://www.lucasparkgrille.com. It's only a couple blocks down from the convention center. It gets fairly busy on Fridays/Saturdays so I'd dine earlier on those days to beat the crowds, or go Wednesday/Thursday instead. Great bar too!

Patti
                www.HauntWorld.com

Comment

Allen a good place for a steak and also excellent ribs or food in general is Jakes Steaks on The Landing. Its owned by the Pointer family. They also own and operate Lemp Mansion. Excellent food as well!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Great, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Allan

Comment

dine with some St. Louis ghosts

You could dine with supposedly "real" ghosts at The Lemp Mansion restaurant. While waiting for your food, they'll let you roam the entire house looking at everything. You can stand in the actual locations where people lost their lives to gunshot wounds, like William Lemp Sr AND William Lemp Jr. Walk the stairs where Charles Lemp shot his dog prior to taking his own life upstairs. http://www.lempmansion.com/

If you havent yet read about the St. Louis haunted history of the Lemp Dynasty, you've got to get your hands on a copy of HauntWorld Magazine issue #26.

Patti
                      www.HauntWorld.com

Comment

Man, that's a crazy history for a famile and for 1 house!!

I may have to eat there this year.
                        Brad Bowen
                        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

The haunted history of Lemp combined with its amazing food makes it my favorite restaurant in the world.

I need to try Jake's Steaks if it is owned by the Pointers, then...
                          sigpic

Comment

Cool I like food at a good smoke house. I'll have to try Bogart's Smokehouse sometime as well as The Lemp Mansion restaurant. I would love to check it out cause of it's history.
                            sigpic
                            a.k.a. The Butcher
                            a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Lemp Historian

Im some what of a Lemp Historian. I love the history and the tragic tale of the Lemps. Even though it all lead to a tragic end to four of the Lemp family the legacy lives on. Thats cool there will be a story in Hauntworld about it. I've done everything possible at Lemp Manision, Ive ate there many times. The all you can eat Sunday buffet is the best! Gone on the guided tour. Ive been to the murder mystery theater which is great! I have spent the night there and ghost hunted with my ghost hunter group. Actually recorded actual evp's. And taken pictures of ghosts forming in William Lemps room. I have drank in the bar till they closed. I have bought and drank Lemp Beer which is still brewed today by a different brewery. Also I have gone through the haunted lemp caverns. Its a wonderful place whose legacy lives strong to this very day! The Haunted History of the Lemp Mansion is a great book on the dynasty.
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X