No announcement yet.

*** OUT-DOOR HAUNTS***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoors haunts in warm places im sure do very well, in Illinois and wisconsin it can be done but expect to be shut down a few nights because of rain. IT RAINS IN OCTOBER,LOTS!! This meens you shut down and lose profit!

Bearded bill put up a picture link, i watched it and saw a lot of code violatins if that haunt was in Illinois,maybe not so in New York.

A few i saw.

Black Plastic in the buildings with no sprinkler system!!!! UMM why?

Indoor lighting being used outside in the elements! How can they get away with this?

Power cords within reach of the patrons, a huge no,no for us. These pictures had cords strewn everywhere.

In all reality all these things could be avioded with a few more hours of work (cable ties and cord hangers,man power) and for a few bucks more a few sheets of plywood could have been used instead of the plastic.

I know when i build in the future, i will think very hard about each room and it's safety.
    The key question is Who is their Fire Marshall ? and how do i get him relocated to my town!

Comment

This was not my haunt, however when I told them these things, they said since they are run by the local government they have fire/ambulance/police on staff at their location every night which i believe they only run it for 1-2 nights tops.

But I agree with you completely.
      Bill Rod.
      Dark Tech Effects
      Automated DMX Lighting
      Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Depending on location, don't forget about the natural resident's.

5 Years ago I did a small outdoor haunt for free in south Texas for a community center, very simple set-up and we had a lot of visiters including a black snake (lucky for us was not poisonous) which was probably the scariest part of the haunt. We had us stop everything for about 40 minutes untill someone who was brave enough to catch the snake and take it away.

Comment

And took the black snake away without paying him either, I suppose?
          OH well, in court he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X