Blizzard in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard in Alaska

For the last 3 days, I've been snowed in at the hotel here in Deadhorse, AK, and its been pretty bad all day today!

The visibility is only about 40 feet at best, and its -32 with 35 mph winds right now. So that makes the windchill somewhere around -75 degrees.

I thought I'd post a few pics, and let you guys know how jealous I am too not be enjoying 70 degree weather down south!!

I've only got 1 more week of this and then i finally come home, after 4 weeks up here!!DSCF0419.jpgDSCF0429.jpgDSCF0426.jpgDSCF0430.jpg
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Wow Man , That's Crazy be safe , and see you in st Louis thanks for sharing, and keep up the Tremendous work . Friend

Comment

Thats nuts Brad! Just thought Id be an ass and let you know Im working in the shop with the doors open...........in shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by IF YOUR 555 View Post
        Thats nuts Brad! Just thought Id be an ass and let you know Im working in the shop with the doors open...........in shorts.
        HAHA!! thanks buddy!

And just to let you know, Im still getting paid the same, work or no work. So Im just sitting at the hotel all day getting paid overtime and Im watching movies and playing games all day!
        Brad Bowen
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Cool pics of the snow but wow just wow.
          sigpic
          a.k.a. The Butcher
          a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Screw that! Makes Missouri look a little more bareable.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Get your ass home please. I need you here! altho, if work doesn't calm down, i'm not gonna have time for you when you DO come home! ugh. hopefully i should make it to the haunt tomorrow and sunday!
              sigpic
              Catie Mahfouz
              Blood Ink Writing Service
              www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

Hey guys, just thought I'd post a few more pics. We're still snowed in but the blizzard is gone for now. I think the temp is going to be around -50 windchill today.

Here's another shot out of my window of 4 trucks that are nearly completely buried under snow. It's like this all the way down the side of the building. But once you get out into the parking lot, there are hardly any snow buildup around the trucks.

I'll try and post a few more tomrow once we get back out to work. Hopefully tomorow... I'm getting so bored being cramped up in the hotel!!DSCF0401.jpgDSCF0401.1.jpg
                Brad Bowen
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                X