No announcement yet.

sprinkler systems...new construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you will still need one. That isint at this time a determining factor. the determining factors are occupancy, use, and square footage.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Shoot... ok, what about having say 3-4 30x30 buildings (900sqft for each) so under 1000ft (bypass the need for sprinklers), and then connecting them with hallway paths/tunnels... they would consider these separate buildings? and/or do they need to be so many feet apart? would you have to an exit at each end of the connecting hallway/tunnel paths.

You could even use the outside perimeter walls of the buildings as hallways with no ceiling so aka outside hallway paths to you inside room scenes, only bad is your building would have 3-4 doorway entrances for each 30x30 building.... you could even build few outside scenes in external hallways, so a single 30x30 building you could easily do 5 scenes inside and maybe 3 outside the perimiter of the building walls. Just try to figure out how to maximize such a configuration.

Comment

1000 sq foot buildings

If you make a hallway connecting the buildings then it becomes one building. The code just reads that the exception to having a fire suppression system is when a special amusement building has a total area less that 1000 sq. ft. and the travel distance to any exit is no more than 50 ft. You still have to have a fire detection system and fire extinguishers though. You will have to talk to your fire marshal to determine how far the buildings can be apart, and he/she may let you use some kind of connecting path that doesn't have a roof etc. but it all depends on what he/she says.

Comment

Be sure and research all the way we found a loop hole where no haunted houses have to be sprinklered as long as no more then 55 people are inside at s time and this saved us tons money. Although allows us to really tighten up and expand on our egress and fire safety and precautions

Comment

Loop hole

What type of loop hole did you find? Or did your fire marshal just forgive the codes if you did other certain things? Not sure what state your attraction is in, but it is hard to find a loop hole in the IBC (building code) and IFC (fire code) which is what most states have adopted. If you dont mind sharing what you did to get around it. I'm sure there are other people interested, but I know that I am a fire marshal in SC and have done haunted house inspections and I haven't ever seen or heard of a loop hole here.
            Last edited by SCfearfarm; 03-16-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Be careful spookjj,
              I know the laws make it expensive, but they are also in place to save lives. Never look so hard for a loop hole to save money that you comprimise public safety. Ask these same questions to your fire marshal, no one knows what they like better than they do. I can say you will be fine with three buildinga nd unroofed hallways, but its their call. Contact your fire marshal and ask these questions they are there to help you know the code and kepp you safe.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks all, yeah, I wouldn't want to even consider jeopardizing code in anyway and before doing so would alway ask the FM, but, paying for a sprinkler system the 1st season just isn't in the budget so whatever makes sense for us we'll do. I'm paranoid enough about safety so I'd go the extra step in any of the attractions, although, if I can have a hallway without a roof and/or exits at the each end that in no way compromises code, we'll go for it the opening season. These discussions are fantastic bc I will be prepared for when meeting with FM, I'll even bring up the number of people per building and see rings a bell with him... before building anything though, I'll show the FM all the constrution blue prints as we have no time for error and I want 100% pre-approval...

Comment

Working...
                X