High Graphic Event tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Graphic Event tickets

I see a lot of events spend money on high gloss four color print tickets. Can someone tell me where those work as advertising? Do you really find that teenagers keep your ticket at a high enough rate to make it worth it, or are you selling the advertising off of them? They are cool. I would just like to understand how they make dollar sense over a cheapo roll of carnival tickets.
    http://www.innerfears.com/
    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Here's how we see it:

-Helps sell sponsorships. If your event, let's say, does 10K customers... that's 10K people GUARANTEED to see a sponsors logo on the ticket. So it has a sales value as far as sponsors are concerned. We value, if you want your companies info on our tickets, that logo placement to be $.50 per ticket x the amount of the previous years attendance.

-Cost. We print FULL COLOR, double-sided, UV glossed tickets... our cost is literally $.0243 per ticket. Yes, TWO CENTS per ticket. So, we're not out alot of money in printing tickets.

-We tried a campaign that if people brought back their 2009 ticket in our 2010 season, they'd get a discount... you'd be surprised how many people DID bring theirs back...500 people! So yes, people to hang on to these tickets as they see them as collectibles!

-The ticket is the very first impression your event makes, that and the ticket wait line...not facades, not anything. If I walked up to a show and I was handed a ticket from the wal-mart roll of tickets...I'd IMMEDIATELY ask for a refund and not give the haunt a chance. Seriously.

-Security. Honestly, those roll tickets... anybody can buy and buy CHEAP! It wouldn't be hard to fake a ticket and get in. Our custom tickets have security features built in and they're also harder to duplicate.

Just some thoughts.

-Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
      Here's how we see it:

-Helps sell sponsorships. If your event, let's say, does 10K customers... that's 10K people GUARANTEED to see a sponsors logo on the ticket. So it has a sales value as far as sponsors are concerned. We value, if you want your companies info on our tickets, that logo placement to be $.50 per ticket x the amount of the previous years attendance.

-Cost. We print FULL COLOR, double-sided, UV glossed tickets... our cost is literally $.0243 per ticket. Yes, TWO CENTS per ticket. So, we're not out alot of money in printing tickets.

-We tried a campaign that if people brought back their 2009 ticket in our 2010 season, they'd get a discount... you'd be surprised how many people DID bring theirs back...500 people! So yes, people to hang on to these tickets as they see them as collectibles!

-The ticket is the very first impression your event makes, that and the ticket wait line...not facades, not anything. If I walked up to a show and I was handed a ticket from the wal-mart roll of tickets...I'd IMMEDIATELY ask for a refund and not give the haunt a chance. Seriously.

-Security. Honestly, those roll tickets... anybody can buy and buy CHEAP! It wouldn't be hard to fake a ticket and get in. Our custom tickets have security features built in and they're also harder to duplicate.

Just some thoughts.

-Tyler

where can we get something like that?? or what web site do you go too? thanks!! HG
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

We Use "Sticker" Tickets.

Just as do the ski lodges near here.
        The ticket has the disclaimer printed on it, they are wearing the disclaimer, just like the ski lodges.
        The tickets are various bright colors, alternating from night to night in October.
        People do keep them. I have seen car fenders sporting a dozen such looking alittle like a NASCAR racer! (I'm their sponser!)
        Sometimes the sticky-ticket might be helping to maintain the structural integrity of that fender too!
        Of course no product is found to be "perfect", so I enjoy telling customers:"It's a sticker-ticket but it might not stick well to leather or vynl... so Don't put on your Underware!"
        ("How did He know???")
        the Ravens Grin Pteradacyl is drawn across the ticket too.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

color tickets...

I personally like to have custom tickets each season. If you sell multiple tickets, make them very distinguishable from each other, and you can also insert numbers. If you want a ballpark figure on what your tickets will cost, you can go to www.nextdayflyers.com and look up their 1/8 page tickets. They will give you a variety of ticket options including color both sides or not. Matte/gloss. Numbered in 5 separate locations. You can do b/w on the back if you wish, etc. Even if you don't use the company, you can download their photoshop designs and use them as a template for bleed and cuts, etc.

We too use couponing on the tickets. We also have our warning posted on the back as well as any other instructions. If someone breaks a rule at your haunt and they claim "I didn't know" then you refer to the back of the ticket that's in their pocket!

We also tried wristbands w/ multiple tabs one year from wristband resources. Everyone received the same wristband, and the wristband was only valid based on the tabs on the bands. If you brought the wristband back on the last night of the season you received a 1/2 off. The main requirement was you had to wear the wristband for the entire month. Not to say that everyone did that... but I would think that majority did, and it made for a good discussion piece.
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by legendsofthefog View Post
            If you brought the wristband back on the last night of the season you received a 1/2 off. The main requirement was you had to wear the wristband for the entire month. Not to say that everyone did that... but I would think that majority did, and it made for a good discussion piece.
            I like this!!!
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We get ours from nextdayflyers.com

We order by the box of 10K tickets, which cost $260 (that's with shipping)... so our per ticket cost is $.026.

-Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I dont see that a nice ticket has to bring in money I make nice tickets just because I want the guest to have a nice tickets. It lets them know the haunt puts as much work into the presentation as we do our show.
                But I like the discount thing.
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Nightgore - are you numbering your tickets? I just saw that they are now offering ticket numbering right off the web site. I have found a local printer who is cheaper than nextdayflyers... so we have been using them.
                  Patrick Barberry
                  www.legendsofthefog.com
                  sigpic

Comment

We don't do numbered ticketing, but it is something we're looking into! I've also found a good, cheap turnstile I'm thinking of getting and making every customer walk through it; that would give me an EXACT number of people we do! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

High Graphic Event tickets

We do full color UV glossy tickets too, mostly for security reasons and they look more professional. We get full color tickets from 48hourprint.com. You can get 10k, full color on both side for $321.00, it includes one free perf. we usually pay the extra to get them numbered.
                      The thing I like best of all is, they will shrink wrap the tickets in to packs of 25, 50, 75,100, 125 and 150. This saves me a lot of time counting tickets. I give the tickets to five different ticket booths and at the end of the night if the packs weren't opened, I only have to hand count the loose tickets.

Phil Miller
                      frightland.com

Comment

Nice tickets are the best way to go. From being able to put sponsors on them to haveing the rules on the back and being able to have secuity marks so they can not be forged.

And I know several people that do keep there tickets and frame them or put them in scap books too.

So yes I say they are worth the extra. Instead of the Wal-mart cheapies that anyone can by.

And I over heard someone one time talking about buying a roll from Wal-mart that looked like the ones a place used so they could get in and was going to split them with friends. Luckly the place found out and changed things in time so that did not happen. But it could just as easly have though.
                        sigpic
                        a.k.a. The Butcher
                        a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

We have used Souvenir Tickets in the past and I like the concept of our customers not only having a momento of their night with us, but also it makes a great place to sell ad space on the back.
                          typically we have gone with the 1/8 page sized tickets, But Im considering a cheaper alternative would be to create our Tickets on business card stock, yes its a little smaller but will still be more impressive than rolled tickets and still leaves our customers with a lasting souvenir, for nearly half to cost.
                          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We have been using Grandstand Inc http://www.grandstandstore.com $65 per 1000 full color front and back, bundled in perforated pads of 200, with perforated tear off stubs, numbered on ticket and stub. Other free options to that I dont use,
                            Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                            Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                            2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Working...
                            X