Jak Prints Customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jak Prints Customers?

Has anyone here ever used JakPrints for Tickets? My issue is I am designing my tickets with their format, but they print CMYK... my reds look more pink in CMYK, even with my CMYK color profile set on my mac...

If anyone has used them, and the colors turned out good, let me know =)

We haven't used them for tickets...but about 98% of ALL printers will use the same CMYK printing. It's an industry standard. Yes colors, especially reds, are not as "vibrant" or have that "pop" factor, but it's cheaper printing. To have files printed digitally using RGB color is highly more expensive. Sometimes a good gloss can help bring out more color or vibrance, but really, CMKY although cheaper is NOT a desired way to print artwork.

I hope the day comes that CMYK goes by the way side...that could be far off though. Honestly, what you're seeing is what you'll get and there isn't really ANY other option! At least that I know of!

-Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Honestly, what you're seeing is what you'll get and there isn't really ANY other option! At least that I know of!
      That was the case in my college classes a few years ago.. the CMYK printer sucks. I guess I will either have to re-design my color scheme to match what CMYK excels in, or figure out another option.. =/

Comment

yes great

last year was first year using them all colors were correct. they did a great job on all our print stuff for both haunt locations SPOOKYRANCH and HAUNTVILLE . JAK PRINTS are GREAT

Comment

Derek thanks for the compliment! You going to be at Transworld? We will have some of your stuff on display at our booth this year. I actually tried emailing you during season to come out and visit and never heard back. Got some new stuff we'd like to show you too, if you are there be sure to stop by our booth (129).

As stated by others CMYK is print standard. If a printer other than screen printing is telling you they print RGB they are either not telling you they are converting or are likely not printing high quality offset. Many times I will start in RGB only becuase the items will be used both for internet and print...and CMYK will not display properly if at all on web.

My suggestion(s) on the art, and really depends on what you are trying to achieve, but Ive gotten similar results by doing some of the following if you really dont want to start in CMYK:

• Designing and sending in in RGB, letting us convert for you then getting an epson proof to ensure color accuracy visually. If you are concenred about color this is generally
          • Designing in RGB and converting to CMYK on your screen so you can see the results and make some tweaks if necessary. Typically when I do design I will sometimes only need to bump up the contrast a tad to brighten things up.
          • Using a better program like Illustrator for most of your work, especially text and anything vector you can use. You can get really close by making custom CMYK colors. Do a search online for CMYK color compositions and you can usually find some good resources to help get color makeups..this can also be done in Photoshop but not as easily or with as good of results.
          • If you have a really specific corporate color or something that has to be a very specific or specialty color like fluorescents, we can do spot colors as well.

Hopefully this somewhat answers your question(s)?

And just a note that CMYK is by no means a "cheaper" or low quality printing method...Offset printing will be much better quality than something printed at Kinkos. You should not have any problems with colors still coming out vibrant...again if there is something specific color wise you want to achieve, spot colors are an option. We stay ahead of the curve on technology and have 2 very high end Offset 5 color presses as well as a brand new ahead of its time Digital press (one of the first companies in the country to have one) to meet different needs.

Let me know any other help you might need.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          Last edited by jakprintsHAUNT; 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM.
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Keegan,

Will you be at Transworld? We will have a ton of great samples on hand to show off....feel free to stop by booth 129 to check them out!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I would have to agree with Mike.

I have been in the printing industry since 1991. Almost everything is printed this way, magazines, flyers, books, posters or anything that requires a long print run. That won't be going away anytime soon. You can get very bright reds if you use the right colors in your design. Something like 100 Magenta 100 yellow and add black if you want to make it a deeper red like a fire engine Red. Epson proofs sent to you are the best like Mike said and will be extremely accurate to what you get in the final printed piece. You should never rely on your computer screen for color. Most of them are not calibrated and vary wildly, giving you a false sense of the color that will actually be printed. If you look at Jakprints flyer in HauntWorld the red in that does not look pink.

It is true that if you design something in RGB super bright and then convert it to CMYK certian colors will get duller. Look at the image on screen when you convert and watch it change. Some colors are out of gamut for CMYK and will never match unless you use a custom mixed color which may be more expensive. You can make adjustments to compensate like bumping up the colors that got dull in the conversion.

Hope this helps,

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I just want to make it clear that in no way am I insinuating that JakPrints does not do quality work...actually very the opposite! JakPrints does AMAZING work work, we get our t-shirts through them. I'm just speaking what I know about the CMYK printing standard, that's is all. I hope that's clear. -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler,

No prob...sorry if I sounded defensive. Just offering up info, and wanted to mention our equipment and processes. Even in the screen printing field we have been featured in Printwear magazine, and just recently upgraded our already ahead of the curve screen system as well.

Nike "Pogo" Hach
                  -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Cmyk

Mike and Eric are right on. Colors aren't as bright when printed, because the color gamut for printed media is smaller than the color gamut for your monitor. The color space gets compressed moving from a larger RGB color space on your monitor to a smaller CMYK print space.

Look at the difference between magazine color and newspaper color. Both are CMYK, but the newsprint has a smaller color space and doesn't look as good as the glossy magazine. But, for printing, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black are subtractive primary colors, and that's the way it has to be done. Red, Green, and Blue are additive primaries. Red, Green, and Blue light together make white. C, M, and Y ink/paint mix together to create black. You want brighter colors, pay for glossy stock and perhaps varnish. But your color printing will be (must be) CMYK.
                    Steve Peterka
                    Lights Alive
                    www.lights-alive.com

Comment

WOW WOW WOW!

Thank you to EVERYONE who responded. I now feel alot better.. and Mike I wasn't trying to cut you either, just wanted to know more about hard prints, as I'm used to digital photography and web print, not hard print! =)

I will not be in TW, I'm deployed until December...

I am working on CS5, so I have been working in my CMYK the whole time... and I tried a 100M 100Y and it came out pretty decent, but still looks pinkish. Like Eric said though, that is probably due to the differing screen variations across all design platforms...

Mike, If I send over something in PSD format, CMYK, and you run a hard proof, is it half price to get another proof done after the first proof cost like some companies do if I decide to change a color, etc?

I have learned alot over the years with RGB, but you guys really came through on educating me regarding CMYK, and for that I am most appreciative! =)

Comment

Most reproofs are on a case by case basis...we always work with you the best we can with color matching, edits etc...

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Mike, while I'm sitting here designing these... As far as ticket numbering... I want a number both on the stub, and on the base ticket itself... is this possible? When applying the areas where I want the ticket numbering, does it have to be a white box? Or Can I send over my Font Type with the PSD so that you can custom print the numbers on each ticket in the specified locations?

Comment

Instead of crowding up with message board with us chatting (believe me I dont mind the exposure...lol, but some might frown on it), shoot me an email at haunt@jakprints.com

But to answer this one for those interested in numbering...there are a lot of different ways to do it, in the end depends on quantity, colors, style, and most importantly for most budget, etc...we can do numbering stamped or printed and then within those there are also a lot of options. We make it possible for you to make the project yours and as custom as you want...

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

From what I've seen and heard from Jakprints it's all great quality and customer service.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X