DarkSyde Acres Radio commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ we agreed on something! That will make it less awkward at the party! JK

Rob, in this case I think AJ is a good example to listen too since he is an enthusiast and visits many haunts, his perspective is different than that of an owner.

Also, I wouldn't assume that all teens and college students would be attracted to vulgarity, a lot are, but there are plenty that would frown upon marketing like that.

DA

Comment

DA I dont feel that there is anything remotely vulgar in my commercial, One of the most popular television shows made millions off of showing videos of NUT Shots, (Americas Funniest home videos) I do not know of a guy alive that doesnt either gringe or crack up at the thought of taking a shot to their nono spot.... And as for for our dead hooker, well that may be abit tasteless but seeing how our back story ties into the Pig farmer serial killer that murdered a slew of hookers and fed them to his pigs.....(DarkSyde Acres is located on a old goverment backed pig farm, with a tainted history of its own.)
      The Best Part of this Industry is there are many, many attractions to choose from, and if someone finds my advertisment offensive, They can choose to go to the Attraction down the road, Very much like if I dont like BURGER KING, Im going to go to McDonalds, or Arbys, or wendys or if I feel like going somewhere totally off the hamburger fastfood grid, Ill hit Kentucky fried chicken, But I DONT HAVE to go to BURGERKING.
      DA, no matter what you or I or anyone does in life, there will never be any pleasing everyone any of the time, and we have to do what makes US happy at the end of the day.
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

One more thing... Im Happy that I could Bring DA and AJ together on something!
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I can definitely agree with you there, there is no pleasing everyone and you have to do what makes you happy...

DA

Comment

I liked the spot

I thought it was funny AND it helped him stand way apart from the rest of the pack. Isn't that what good advertising is supposed to do? It's so true EVERY haunt is the scariest, EVERY haunt is the biggest, EVERY haunt has been voted #1 (by who...your friends or by some radio intern who has no idea what criteria to use when judging us)...it's all the same...except this one. When the PR Girl says Yes you can Poppy I cracked up. It was not rauchy...just a little blue...and it worked for me. Good luck with it. Rich Hanf

Comment

I really like the commercial alot and lisented it more than once.
              sigpic
              a.k.a. The Butcher
              a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Thanks Jim and Rich for the positive feedback, much appreciated .... SoulReaper, Im Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

I like the commercial. There's no point in saying you're the scariest if your competition is doing the same exact thing. Your commercial is memorable and if someone is offended they wouldn't have visited your haunt in the first place. I can't imagine someone complaining since there are a lot more offensive things in haunts.

"Sir, I'm offended about you talking about dead hookers in your commercial."

Response: "So, you weren't offended by the rotting corpses, severed body parts, skulls, screams of terror and torture, serial killers, monsters inches from your face, killer clowns, carcasses of animals, dead babies, devil worship, scenes or murder, girls with boobs hanging out and everything that could possibly be deemed offensive at every other haunt you visit these days. But talking about a dead hooker is what put you over the edge.
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I think the ad is hilarious and memorable.
                    Katie Lane
                    Partner/VP
                    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Noah and Katie, Im glad that you both liked the Commercial, Its true we do things a little different here at DarkSyde, but again thats what separates us from our competition.

On a different note speaking of "The DEAD HOOKER" One of our Radio stations refused to air the original and ended up Bleeping out the term dead hooker , funny thing is that when the altered commercial hit the airwaves, it totally sounded like I said you cant buy a "WHORE" for 20 dollars... Yeah that was better... go figure..... They also altered the Wrong Head portion... As much as I enjoyed working with THAT radio station, we will not be advertising with them again, Never been big on Censorship.

Comment

Just watched the latest SYFY Faceoff episode, and oddly enough, one of the pieces was a Dead Hooker, actually a Zombie Hooker....lol sad to say He got Booted , but it wasnt due to the concept being vulgar but for his FX work not being well executed in this piece. :sad:

Comment

Working...
                        X