Low Life Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Life Losers

I see myself as quite the positive person. However, nothing pisses me off more than to find my pictures or artwork used on other haunt websites. I had a thread started a few months ago about someone using an animated image I created for my website a few years back. It now seems that one of our own forum members is using one of my photos (Along as one of Larry's and Eric's from Haunted Overload) on his website! I also recognized a couple other photos but am unsure of the proper owners.

It's flattering no doubt, but I find it repulsive that someone would even attempt to take credit for another haunts work.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, view this site:

http://www.alabamaasylum.com/page-1

You can see Larry's picture used on the "Hours" page and Eric and my pictures used on the "Gallery" page.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

If Nothing Else.

It might be seen as false advertising by the customers when they arrive.
    I have found out there was some theft of my one routine happening one night when at the routine's conclusion several people said, "Oh, now we know where"ZXCXZ" got that!"
    Makes you feel not so good.
    Many years ago I began coming up with things that I thought nobody could or would take the precious time or energy to duplicate in their haunt. For the most part I think I was right.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I hope someone to some screen shots of that and sent it to there lawyer. To put it up in your gallery is saying that this is what your haunt is. This is false advertisement and has copyright infringements. This haunt must suck if he can not come up with his own ideas or at least get some off this web site and build them yourself.

Shawn

Comment

Trade Mark and Copyright AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!

I do it all the time. Put it on your pictures! Yes I don't do it but if I see one of my pictures they would recieve a letter! I hate when people do this. It's like Jim said they will see this when they arrive. Looking at the mix and match photos I would say they need to do a lot of work on their own haunt and not use others pictures. Shane and it's Zack call them and let them know! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Possibility...

I just want to mention that this could be the actions of an overzealous web guy as opposed to the haunt owner himself. I have seen that happen before where they were hurting for content and the web guy grabbed a few images with out asking the owner.
          Give them a chance to fix it before we burn him at the stake. He posted the link to his site in the help wanted section, Im sure if he knew he had stolen content then he wouldnt have done that. Im just saying give the benefit of the doubt, then drag his name through the mud.
          I have a loal haunter here who always steals artwork from universal studios, really cool pics of the universal monsters. It wrong and this is year seven of it happening. It seems that Alabama Asylum is prettty new to all this.
          I know its wrong we just dont know the circumstances,
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
            I see myself as quite the positive person. However, nothing pisses me off more than to find my pictures or artwork used on other haunt websites. I had a thread started a few months ago about someone using an animated image I created for my website a few years back. It now seems that one of our own forum members is using one of my photos (Along as one of Larry's and Eric's from Haunted Overload) on his website! I also recognized a couple other photos but am unsure of the proper owners.

It's flattering no doubt, but I find it repulsive that someone would even attempt to take credit for another haunts work.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, view this site:

http://www.alabamaasylum.com/page-1

You can see Larry's picture used on the "Hours" page and Eric and my pictures used on the "Gallery" page.
            Front Yard,
            I agree, This is about an hour from us in Alabama, although I never heard of this place. I would only imagine it's a fly by night operation that is just starting up. Looks pretty lame to me. I would imagine that Rob Zombie's company would not be so flattered that they are using his images either..

Comment

"Pro-Bono Lawyer?

I'll have to contact him with my Oui-ja board. So Sonny Bono is the guy to sik on such people huh?
              Good to know.
              "Cecil and don't Persist" might get heard in his bedroom and if it doesn't stop Sonny will appear singing some night , scaring the hell out of them! "Eye Gotchew Babe!!!!)
              (Has anyone ever used special effects to extort money from someone by making them think a ghost was after them?)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sorry / Explaination

FIRST - of all I pull this picture from the web that a web consultant told me to go and it wasn't copywrited. SECOND - I didn't know it was yours. THIRD -But the reason why I save the picture, is I am redoing my kitchen and I like the detail of this kitchen and I was going to try to make mine look like this.. FORTH - So you should feel good that your stuff is so good that others want theirs to look like yours... I took the picture down to please you. I hope you are good now.. Wasn't trying to do anything wrong . Yes I am just starting up and was needing some ideas to put in my haunt.

Again sorry I hurt anyones feelings . I wasnt trying to steal or do anything wrong.. My Bad. Just went on someone else advise... Damn.. Yall are ready to kill someone with out hearing their side of it. Be nice if you all was real men and face me or just comunicate with me only, but I see you need to boost your ego's too..

Again SORRY

Thanks for the help... I thought this site was suppose to be like family and help each other out, not KILL A NEWBEE>>>>>> I see it isn't that way...NOw I see why I dont want to be like yall...I am always tryign to help people... NOT KILL THEM OR SHAME THEM... Dont Worry I wont post anything else here...

I apprecaite yall showing really what this business is all about CUT ASS THROAT!!!!!!

Geoff is my name. You can Email at lincolns_Asylum@yahoo.com or Geoff@lincolnstrailofterror... Not trying to hide... Because I really didn't think I was doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trail of Terror View Post
                  FIRST - of all I pull this picture from the web that a web consultant told me to go and it wasn't copywrited. SECOND - I didn't know it was yours. THIRD -But the reason why I save the picture, is I am redoing my kitchen and I like the detail of this kitchen and I was going to try to make mine look like this.. FORTH - So you should feel good that your stuff is so good that others want theirs to look like yours... I took the picture down to please you. I hope you are good now.. Wasn't trying to do anything wrong . Yes I am just starting up and was needing some ideas to put in my haunt.

Again sorry I hurt anyones feelings . I wasnt trying to steal or do anything wrong.. My Bad. Just went on someone else advise... Damn.. Yall are ready to kill someone with out hearing their side of it. Be nice if you all was real men and face me or just comunicate with me only, but I see you need to boost your ego's too..

Again SORRY

Thanks for the help... I thought this site was suppose to be like family and help each other out, not KILL A NEWBEE>>>>>> I see it isn't that way...NOw I see why I dont want to be like yall...I am always tryign to help people... NOT KILL THEM OR SHAME THEM... Dont Worry I wont post anything else here...

I apprecaite yall showing really what this business is all about CUT ASS THROAT!!!!!!

Geoff is my name. You can Email at lincolns_Asylum@yahoo.com or Geoff@lincolnstrailofterror... Not trying to hide... Because I really didn't think I was doing anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Geoff, I have already replied to you on your other thread. But I will also say this:

Just because you didn't know it was wrong does not make it right OR legal.

In the end, as I mentioned in the other thread, I thank you for removing the pictures in question. And I sincerely hope that you think twice before using someone's images and trying to sell them as your own.
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

So do you think you did right to go on here and try to shame me and stuff , without just working it out with me. Instead you had to get everyone envolved and their 2 cents... isn't cool either... but it said and done with and the damages are already made.. Thanks for the Help

I appreciate it... Like I said I see this is a CUT THROAT Business... NOT Family Like I been hearing...

ALLEN H. was the only one that was willing to give me a chance and make it right.... He truely treats this business as FAMILY

Thanks

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
                    Geoff, I have already replied to you on your other thread. But I will also say this:

Just because you didn't know it was wrong does not make it right OR legal.

In the end, as I mentioned in the other thread, I thank you for removing the pictures in question. And I sincerely hope that you think twice before using someone's images and trying to sell them as your own.

Comment

Geoff,

You did the right thing by coming to apologize, although turning things back around and taking accusatory tones doesn't help you. I could say it is pretty much common sense that you shouldn't use pictures that aren't yours unless you know you are licensed to do so but I think you've learned that lesson.

This industry can be like family yes. But its not like families don't have issues. I definitely think that you should have been contacted or approached first before anything was posted, but in all fairness it is a pretty obviously unethical (and illegal) thing and so people don't have much tolerance for it.

I would take a breath and think about the situation and understand why the owners of the picture felt the way they did. Don't overreact and ruin potential for yourself to build strong relationships that can help you avoid future mistakes because all these owners have been there and done that. Just come here and bounce your ideas off people. Its what the forum is for. If you'd have came here and said hey I found these really cool pictures can I use them on my site? someone would have explained you can't really do that without permission.

Ok I realize this is starting to sound like a lecture, but really the point I'm trying to make is everyone deserves another chance and by coming here you have shown there was not any malicious intent. Don't give up on this community man.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Yea I should of blew of some of my own steam either.

I ment to say SHOULDN"T in my title

Thanks I appreciate the comment... I was going to go to the TWE in ST. Loius already booked fight/hotel and tickets... But I just cancel it... Just dont think I want part of this .. I will stick with being a Home HAUNTER... A Want A BE..

Later

Comment

P.S. that one picture on the Hours page is still there you will want to take that one down as well as any others that aren't yours (regardless if they were not mentioned here).

If you need some pictures, I sometimes use this site where you can purchase pics (and are fully licensed to use them). they aren't very expensive and there is a lot of good stuff. www.dreamstime.com
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          A.J. Porfirio

Comment

A.J. thanks for helping to change the tone.

As a matter of reference please know that when a photographer or artist creates a work it is has a copyright by virtue of existing, that is, upon completion it has copyrights affixed. No need for the 'circle C' or the tag line at the bottom of the page; it is the unique creative property of that artist, photographer, author.

The only circumstance in which you may reprint or publish the image or artwork is for use in academic or journalistic pieces.

While it is arguably common sense it is also the clear law, and ignorance of the law is no plea for impunity. There is clear statute and case histroy in using a copyrighted image for commerical promotion; one would be well advised to avoid infringing upon it.

// Uploading or downloading works protected by copyright without the authority of the copyright owner is an infringement of the copyright owner's exclusive rights of reproduction and/or distribution. Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each work infringed and, if willful infringement is proven by the copyright owner, that amount may be increased up to $150,000 for each work infringed. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for the attorney's fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or her rights. //

Comment

Thanks for got about that one..

thanks for the site.

Originally posted by zombiphobe View Post
                              P.S. that one picture on the Hours page is still there you will want to take that one down as well as any others that aren't yours (regardless if they were not mentioned here).

If you need some pictures, I sometimes use this site where you can purchase pics (and are fully licensed to use them). they aren't very expensive and there is a lot of good stuff. www.dreamstime.com

Comment

Working...
                              X