X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crucify him, crucify him, crucify him!
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
      Crucify him, crucify him, crucify him!
      LMAO!!!!
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Like I said in my very first post. I'm normally a very positive person and I don't like doing the dramatic BS. But this kind of stuff REALLY upsets me. But it's all water under the bridge. No hard feelings...

Let's move forward!
        :wink:.
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Trail of Terror-
          There's no need to cancel a trip to st. Louis only days before the show. There's no reason to say this is a cut throat business and cease to exist on these forums.
          Now, this is very frowned upon is any business, ESPECIALLY haunted houses. If it's a simple miskate(which you stated it was), then hopefully you learned a lesson here and hopefully know better next time. Next time look into legal parameters before you do anything risky. Because it will usually come back to get you. And as far as using his pics as reference, I think tons of people do that. I myself have hundreds of pics from probly 20 or so haunts to use for inspiration and guidance. That's not against the law or anything. But as soon as you post that on your site on public forum, then you are basically representing that as your own work. That's where it becomes serious.

I'm not trying to lecture or yell at you either, but don't give up on your hopes or dreams just because of 3 or 4 negative comments on here. It's not the end of the world for you. I've seen many posts of yours on here and hope to see more. Zach accepted your apology, so let's move on from this peacefully and enjoy ourselves on this site. I gauruntee you'll learn a lot of stuff on here!
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Geoff,
            Rethink not coming to St Louis. Truthfully you havent met anyone yet, you have seen words on one of the worst froms of communication ever created...the internet forum. I think you should start a post on the forums about starting a website when your not open yet and have no content. That would actually be a great thread and could give all kinds of Graphically inclined folks involved.
            People are awesome, their presence and content on the internet is rarely so. The color of the paint on the walls of a room affects the tone of the conversations in it. The internet istself breeds ill tempers, the person on the other side of the screen is far far away, so far we dont think of them as people. Im really digressing here on a rant, but I met Front yard fright last year at st louis, he is a nice guy.
            I urge both parties to let this go, yes you were wronged, and when it was realized it was corrected. I am weary of garbage on the boards, very weary. Im glad to see it cleared up.
            Thanks to both parties for their bigness,
            Allen H

Geoff, Welcome to the forum and the industry. Today you learned a lesson the hard way and learning that way is rarely fun. shame about that but that lesson will never be taught again cause you will remember it. My cease and desist order came from Stan winston, I loved pumpkin head and made asuit for my haunt. I was 15 and really just a fan, he was a businessman...LOL. So start that thread and we will get your website rockin!
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

All true Allen, thanks.

One thing you touched on that has some irony, is that if Geoff or anyone got on the forum and sincerely asked for help in the area of website, people would likely help them find gratis images or help them photoshop up some existing stuff. Nothing good comes from a thread with a title like this.

Comment

Geoff,

I would rebook your trip and take as many seminars and try to learn as much at TW as you can. You did the right thing when you found out it was wrong and that is to be respected. There are so many things to learn along the way in this business. If you don't learn something new every season you can't improve. I myself feel like I have just scratched the surface of things there are to learn in this business or running any business for that matter. A lot of the time we are flying by the seat of our pants trying to make our dreams reality and make a lot of mistakes along the way. The only thing you can do is learn from them and move forward.

Zach,

It's good to know people on here like you have our backs when it comes to intellectual property. This was a very passionate post. I think I would have been steaming at first as well if I saw my photo up on someone's site. I never saw it up there but it's down now so all is good. It's the people like Allen H was talking about that turn a blind eye and continue to rip others off year after year that really burns me. It's great that this was taken care of so fast and came to a successful conclusion. If you had never posted, those photos and more may have been used for a lot longer and Geoff would never have known the difference.

Have a good time at TW if you decide to go.

Eric
                www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

So.. Should I be...

Videoing my front room routines to protect them from being copied? Would recordings serve to protect my "intellectual Property"?
                  I would maybe have four hours of filming.
                  Just in the first room.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Those Items Don't

Sound very creative, original or unique, maybe they are or could be? I guess since you don't see them as being such, then it's no big deal?
                    I am sure there are some haunts that are copies of one another, no originality at all, so no biggie if it all gets reproduced again...and again,, here and there .. and everywhere.
                    I guess people don't usually "sign" a newly installed toilet or stuccoed wall or really feel what they just did was a special accomplishment at all,it's just "work".?
                    No different than pushing a lawn mower for a few hours , huh?
                    So my question is , how do we know when something we say, do, build , create is something unique, different from the norm? (I'm just going for different, not fantastic. )
                    My simple method for making such a determination is just judging it from other people's reactions to those things.
                    I have been lucky enough (or was I being picked on or lied too?) to have heard and seen many people react favorably and seem to become genuinely impressed by these things I make, do, say, so maybe this might be why we have different feelings concerning such things. Would you like it if you just did a beautiful job stucoing a wall, then I stood up and claimed that I had done it?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X