Thumbs up or Thumbs Down... New Forums / Hauntworld.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs up or Thumbs Down... New Forums / Hauntworld.com

Okay its not like its been a ton of money but I have invested over $2000.00 now on this new forum work here... I would like to know thumbs up or down on all the new features. We are adding a few more btw, a rotating banner problem so we can start featuring vendor banners ... that will be new.

Either way I'd like to get your feedback ... did we do a good job or can we do more or what?

The new Hauntworld.com will GO LIVE ON SATURDAY! All new features such as live twitter and facebook feeds on your profiles, polls, top ten most viewed in each state, polls in each state, new state pages, new profile updates, you name it.

Now keep in mind there will be several levels of updates... the next one will be to our main blog as we add new features to this but many of the main features will go live on Saturday. Stay tuned.

I want YOU ALL TO KNOW we spend YOUR money the money you spend with us on the magazine, the websites, and everything between ON THIS WEBSITE!

Our goal with this website IS NOT TO GET RICH... our goal is to promote the haunted house industry PERIOD!

Your support helps us achieve that!

THANK YOU!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry, I think the new forum is great, there are a few glitches in the rotating Gallery, when you "process" your pictures, you get a error message and no confirmation of it going thru.. Thus me double posting the first 3 pics.
    But Overall the new additions to the forum are cool.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I'd have to say thumbs up also. I really like how links and websites are in red in peoples posts. That helps me since I'm on my iPhone all the time on here. There are several new features I like on here and some I haven't even tried yet.

So good job guys, and Its getting better and better.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Huge thumbs up from me. I have wanted native IPhone support for ages! Folks, if you check the
        Forums from your smartphone, check out Tapatalk! It's the zombees knees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Two Thumbs up. The entire site is cleaner, tighter - looks great works well, that's all you can ask. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. Great idea to leave the old nav menu at the top with the newer version above it. People naturaly are disquieted by change and the conversion to stasis is faster when there are remnants of the old.

Still I'd lose the orange thread heading, but hey...

Also, had a major issue with the photo upload, don't know if it was me or an ealry issue that was cleared up. I use images app interface daily and the process seemed simple it just didn't work.

Comment

Larry

Will you accept one middle finger up? Shane and if not either way I like it! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

Thumbs up for me with one comment about a possible improvement - sorry. There are two orange bars very close together across the top of each thread - the top one has the thread tools, search, display options, etc. The one immediately below that has the thread name. When I try to use the thread tools, search, etc., from the top bar, the drop down menus are covered up by the orange bar below it with the thread name, so I cannot access the thread tools, search, display options, etc. Just thought I would mention this because it should be an easy fix. Thanks!

Comment

Banners not Linked

Are the banners on the forum page supposed to be linked? I can not click on them.
                I thought monster or creature Icons would be nice.

Smasters

Comment

Thumbs up. The forum is very well done, in my opinion.

There's just one small problem: I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having problems with the photos, saying that they do not exist (or something to that extent) when I go to post a comment.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                  Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

I have to say I like what ive seen far as changes. But I dont know if Ive used them all. Or just dont know if I know about all of them. Would it be too much to list what all has been changed so I may be able to utilize the site to its fullest.
                    Thanks,
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Thumbs up! I like the new gallery feature
                      Katie Lane
                      Partner/VP
                      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Definitely thumbs up on the forums. But there is one thing that I think would be pretty cool. A local news site has their page set up so that if an article has multiple pages and you read through all the pages when you hot "back" it goes back to the list of articles.

Larry is this possible on the forums?
                        Jason Weber
                        Midnight Terror Productions, LLC
                        Nightmare Forest
                        www.yournightmarebegins.com

Comment

You asked, so here you go. I've mentioned these before but apparently someone thinks they are features rather than a bug.

The orange header line is pretty impossible to distinguish, for me, between bold (unread) and normal.

When I go to the forums, I am automatically logged in. But if I go to the main page I become logged out.

Adding all this "new" stuff to the top of each page sucks. Means I have to scroll through the latest greatest crap to get to a forum or whatever.

Using Forum Tool, mark this forum as read, does not update the screen like most other v-bulletin forums.

The Magazine page will not accept my Hauntworld userID and password, so I cannot order a fricken magazine.
                          I have PMed on this but guess nobody is home.

Speaking of PM, because of all the clutter at the top of all pages, by the time you get to the forum you have lost the ability to see if you have a PM. Good planning there!

Still nothing denoting the difference between a forum with a new post or not. Main Forum page, silly pumpkin faces are the same for new or not.

I'm tired of typing and looking at this damn orange text.
                          Last edited by Karl Fields; 03-06-2011, 12:10 AM.
                          http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Ya thats one thing I mentioned a while back. Guess you havent been able to get to it. But the percentage of pms that you have doesnt show on the front page like the old forum. Is there anyway to put that back on? Please and thanks!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

I miss having the Original post viewable when you reply, I tend to be long winded and I like to reference it and the other posts when I am crafting responses.
                              Also when I go into chat, I have to log in everytime now as opposed to being already logged in on the old forums.
                              Allen H
                              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X