Bad Vendors and Unfinished Business!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th Hour is another one!

I will say this Brett Johnson from Johnson Animatronics called me and hes bringing the Train and Dino to TransWorld and then on to Alabama. Also I am in between talks with David and will post the result of that hopefully all this will be corrected. BUT I will say this what I said still stands we have got to put a stop to this it's costing us money! Shane and it's stay tuned! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Scarefactory Still at it

Well, I was thinking (hoping) that Scarefactory had tightened up its' ship, but looks like maybe no. The Haunt I'm working with bought roughly 20k worth of stuff last year-most of them have to be rebuilt this year.

Against my advice she purchased one of their horse drawn carriages and it's been problematic. Paid nearly 1200 for shipping-but had to rent a trailer and equipment and drive 80 miles to the Fed/Ex hub (who ships 14' pallets on fed/ex?) to pick it up.

Much damage due to lack of packing/insulation and a stripped out axle that will have to be re-tooled to put the wheels on.

No reply to the couple of emails sent to David thus far..........
      Kathryn DeSautell
      Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Post that on the fright forum

More attention usually means quicker response

Comment

bought stuff from Gag Studios. Told them i needed it by mid june.....Emailed them last week,no response.
          ordered a mask from Fearscape studios. Talked to them about a mask I hadn't received. They guy at the booth at MWHC said the guy he had work the Transworld booth was pocketing the money......not sure if its true or not, but told me to contact my bank.
          Bought a giant clown mallet from Haunted Enterprises...said they didn't make that prop, but sold it, and would contact the builder...again, not sure if true...

75% of orders at transworld got me nothing......fantastic.....what a horrible first experience. Im just glad someone warned me about Scare factory.
          Scare factory, ill consider buying $50,000 dragon when you consider customer service and working products.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

us too....

Hate to hear all the bad news,
            last year we "did" get everything we ordered at Transworld but a "certain company", that we made a $3,000.00 order of pigs & hanging meat parts for our freezer set with, showed up the day before we opened...they were promised to be here in June.
            So far this year we haven't received anything yet. I been on the phone & emailing & hope to not have the last minute scramble we had last year. I keep posting and as time draws near, name some names later, just still want my stuff at this point....

Comment

Product recieved

Glad to say we received our first shipment from our Transworld order. It was products from Nether Craft, glad to say they are a great company & made the whole transaction a breeze. I look forward to doing more business with them in the future.

Comment

Scarefactory Update

Originally posted by Mistress DeSade View Post
                Well, I was thinking (hoping) that Scarefactory had tightened up its' ship, but looks like maybe no. The Haunt I'm working with bought roughly 20k worth of stuff last year-most of them have to be rebuilt this year.

Against my advice she purchased one of their horse drawn carriages and it's been problematic. Paid nearly 1200 for shipping-but had to rent a trailer and equipment and drive 80 miles to the Fed/Ex hub (who ships 14' pallets on fed/ex?) to pick it up.

Much damage due to lack of packing/insulation and a stripped out axle that will have to be re-tooled to put the wheels on.

No reply to the couple of emails sent to David thus far..........

In the interest of fair play I wanted to post an update. After a whole lot of back and forth (and quite a few photographs to SHOW the nature/extent of the issues) We are just now getting some support from David. One of my big concerns with this horse drawn hearse is that they advertise it as "road worthy". In the condition we picked it up in-it was definitely NOT. Could potential hurt someone-and that is liability exposure I just don't need or want. We DID receive some replacement parts-will let you know if it makes for a whole coach or not.

On the negative side....Even though we paid nearly 1200.00 for delivery-we still had to rent some equipment and drive 80 miles to fetch the shipment. Not good.

On the positive side-After many emails David does seem to be trying to make the product "whole". Kudos for at least COMMUNICATING-while some of the "questionable" vendors out there just won't.

Mistress DeSade
                Kathryn DeSautell
                Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Haunted Better Business Bereau

I think there needs to be a haunt BBB. We have had bad experience with a few companies.

Johnson Animatronics, we ordered a simple molded piece and still haven't gotten it. The phone numbers and email addresses on their website don't work.

Shot In The Dark, charged our credit card twice at Transworld. We emailed and called many times and got the run around. We ended up disputing the charge with AMEX. They never said anything to use about it. Crappy service.

GhostRide, we ordered a bunch of stuff in November of 2011 and on the invoice it said we would get it by April 2012. We just received is earlier this month. We had to call over and over again and then they sent the wrong stuff first.

We are also a vendor of printed products, so I know how customer service is important.

Transworld just likes to get their hands on the vendors money. They don't care if they are reputable or not.
                  Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
                  sean@pixelpushersinc.com
                  312.613.7326 Mobile
                  847.550.6560 X 102 Office
                  844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Working...
                  X