Lemp Beer & Caverns Referenced In New Johnny Depp Movie "Rango"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemp Beer & Caverns Referenced In New Johnny Depp Movie "Rango"

For those of you about to traverse the dark recesses of the Lemp Caves, keep an eye out for the characters from Johnny Depp's new RANGO movie:

Stephanie and I took our 5 year old Nicholas to see Johnny Depp's new animated flick "RANGO" tonight. For those who know the story of the Lemp Tunnels/Caverns and how it was effected by I55, it had some very cool Lemp tie ins:

The town in the story is running out of water. When Depp's character Rango and his friends go to investigate, it turns out there is a tunnel system under the town and the water has been being moved through these tunnels and caverns by the characters who are controlling the towns water supply.

There is quite a pilgrimage through the tunnel system by Rango and friends. Then Rango remembers a comment the town's mayor made to him, about how the mayor had been around for a long time, even before the interstate went through and cut the town off from the water system.... just as I55 went right past Lemp and cut the Lemp portion of the tunnel/cave system off from the rest of the tunnel system.

I wouldn't have caught the connection or thought it all tied together until a particular scene. The local banker let's a townsperson in on a secret of what is being kept in the bank's vault. It is.... 6 days worth of water and cases of Lemp Beer. How much of this is intentional is not certain, but it has already came up in an interview in the St. Louis Dispatch and it turns out the film's production designer, Crash McCreary, is credited for the references as he is "a big fan of classic brews".

We thought everyone getting ready to brave the Lemp underworld would like to know Hollywood is currently referencing the awesome Lemp cavern system and the beer that made it famous.

Enjoy your time in this awesome location!!!!!!

Jim & Stephanie Patton - The Haunted Enthusiasts - www.hauntedenthusiasts.com

Thanks Jim and Stephanie. Very interesting. I'll have to run out and see that movie with my 2 boys this weekend. Thanks again!!!

Patti
    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
    www.HauntWorld.com
    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

The thing is Lemp Beer is known as the Lion of Beers. It was the first Lager Beer introduced into the United States. Lemp was started way before there was even an Anheiser Busch. Prohobition is what killed Lemp Beer and the Lemps with deaths in the family and other maybe mental illness didnt know how to handle all of this. There were many firsts in brewing beer that the Lemps were known for. They were the first to distribute their beer Nationally. Then world wide. They even were first to develope a light beer even. Way before budlight was ever thought of. Which is the worlds largest selling beer. Lemp would have been rather popular in the time set of the movie Rango. I took my boys to see it Friday night. They loved it! They came out of the theater walking like cowboys with straws in there mouths from their sodas sayin "Im Rango!" LOL! It was a fun movie. And they got a game on ps3 now too. I will have to check it out for them. Im tired of playin Toystory 3. LOL!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I saw a free screening of Rango and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and the animation will blow you away. Some parts drag on a little, but it's one of the better animated movies I've seen in a while that's not to cutesy.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
        X