Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RI lawmaker proposes a Halloween change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RI lawmaker proposes a Halloween change!

Providence, R.I. - A Rhode Island lawmaker has filed a bill that would make Halloween in the state last Saturday of October... no matter what day the 31st falls on.

State Rep. Donald Lally Jr. tells the Providence Journal that he filed the bill at the request of a constitnent who thought it would help people and businesses.

Maybe this would help H. houses?

As some would come out on each night to find Halloween?
    Or it could double the hours needed to remain open equalling the same amount of income?
    There is more "too" October 31st than some people want to admit, having to do with everything from pagan worship to actual supernatural occurrences but then some people think everything can be controlled or changed by words on a page.
    Maybe they are Right! ... Here I'll give it a try, watch this now. Jim is the smartest guy in the world! Send him $1,000 right now.
    Now we will see how words "Work".
    I'll be watching my mail box.
    411 N. Carroll St. Mt. Carroll, Ill.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Idiot !!!!

They just fired 1900 school teachers, i guess now they will try to get away with this crap. This is scary in the wrong way..... Halloween is october 31st. Period.

Comment

Jim is right there is alot more than writing on a piece of paper what day Halloween falls on. No matter what you can change the day but Halloween will still be October 31st. And I imagine this idiots house will be first on the list to get targeted.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

I don't know how to feel about this bill. For one, this would HELP business...especially haunts. This year, Halloween is on a freakin' Monday...I'll bet haunts that open for that, will do close to ZERO business or at least won't cover payroll. The only downfall is what if the last Saturday in October is like on the 25th...then the 31st is on a Friday? ...or something like that.

Let's look at other Holidays though...
          -Christmas, always Dec. 25th no matter what day
          -Thanksgiving, always Nov. 26th
          -Valentines Day, February 14th
          -Tax Day, April 15th..

...etc. etc. So, technically, why should Halloween be any different?

Just some thoughts. Like I said, I don't know how to feel about this. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Actually Thanksgiving changes dates; it's always the fourth Thursday in November.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

For us Halloween is never a huge night but still does well. It is sort of weird with our circumstance. We are about a 40 min drive for our main customer base. When Halloween falls on a Friday or Saturday we do good but when that Friday or Saturday is the 29th or 30th of October it is a better night for us.
              Jason Weber
              Midnight Terror Productions, LLC
              Nightmare Forest
              www.yournightmarebegins.com

Comment

Working...
              X