Do I know you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I know you?

I love meeting people. I love to talk and help in anyway I can ask anyone who knows me. I will not charge you hundreds of dollars to talk to you! I love offering new and up coming haunts advice on things I have learned from over 20 years of haunting. With that said please feel free if we have not met to come up and introduce yourself. Photos and Autograph do come at a cost ( I had to put that in so Dark would comment LOL) Shane and it's seriously I love meeting and look forward to seeing everyone! Shane
    sigpic

Shane, prior to me going pro, I once met a gentleman in the industry, big name he was. He approached me at a event due to something I had done, mentioned how impressed he was of it seeing how I was JUST A HOME HAUNTER, ok so I let that slide and we talked abit more, I then asked him a generic question about the industry... he went all stone cold on me and was like NOPE Ive been in the industry 20 years and if you want that information youll have to pay me for it... I get paid for what I do..
    Sharing experience is a wonderful thing and helps the industry grow....
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Bodybagging, you were so lucky!

That you weren't choking on a Transworld hot dog and the guy was a "professional" para-medic!
      He might be the guy that invented "Boo!?" (Did he ever successfully patent that?)
      My fond Transworld memories include seeing an older lady getting knocked flat (as if hit by an NFL defensive Safety) by a pnuematic full-sized figure as she walked passed a booth!
      "Whoops!"
      They gave her team the ball on the 5 yard line, but she was too dizzy to run it in.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LOL Jim...... yep Im lucky I wasnt choking on a Hotdog.... Shane I look forward to meeting you eventually......
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Shane lives what he says. I used to think it was a Southern thing that when you help someone you make them feel you're, "glad to help". I've traveled a lot and know it has nothing to do with geography it has everything to do with ilk. Some folks begrudge sharing what they've learned and would sooner nickle and dime "friends"; others know there's a time and place to be compensated for knowledge and a time and place to gladly give it away.

I'm a paid consultant in education and have given away nearly as much of my time as I have been paid for in the form of free talks and workshops. What most niche consultants don't get, especially in small esoteric niches, which haunting is - is that giving away 'samples' of what you have exponentially grows your billable time. Not only is it the right thing to do to help others when you can, it's also the more profitable thing to do.

Niche consultants also often over-estimate the rarity and subsequently the value of what they "know". The product trial has been around since people could peddle carts on the streets and it's still wise to give it away if you ever want to command maximum value and return down the road - especially the value of what you know.

Comment

Looking forward to Transworld and all I can learn, but I a one year haunt I am still a bit intimidated by the vast experience on this board.
            Shane posts like that remind me why haunters are some of the best people around and make it a easier to feel comfortable.
            http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Rob????

Rob can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
              I am so sorry for treating you like that!!!!

lol

I get paid for what I do? lol

Wow it feels strange posting on here.........

I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE SHOW
              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

LOL Ken.... If it had been you, I would have called you out by name dammit....
                Seriously it wouldnt have been a big deal, but the fact that He initiated Conversation with me, and whatever the question was was sooo generic, I was basically just making conversation with him, and then he went all the way Left on me. Oh well its one of the reasons I have a open door policy for haunters at my place... If I can help a new haunter out with whatever experience I have then so be it. Although my first word of advice usually is RUN!

Comment

this will be my first TW and i really want to meet everyone on here. i will be arriving tuesday afternoon and hope i see you all there
                  Tim McCall

Comment

Shane, great post sir!
                    I think by now you all know that I dont share info or want to help other haunters....LOL. Several folks have told me that shane helped them out when they were getting started with their haunts He is a good guy to talk to for many facets of the industry.
                    I will also say just like he did, please seek me out and say Hello or ask any questions you like to me as well, If you need a long conversation then Im not opposed to scheduling something either. But normally I can be found at the Ren Grand bar/ lobby chit chatting about haunts.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen

I so wish you offered more help! LOL actually I think your like me you just enjoy helping someone. I can say this I assure you I get more pleasure out of helping someone than they get out of me helping them. Shane and it's your always welcome! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Count down is on!

I feel I know so many people be sure to come up say hello! I want to get some pictures with some of you for years I have missed going pictures now I have the hang of it I wanna see people and pictures! Shane and it's tick tock! Shane
                        Last edited by graystone; 03-07-2011, 03:34 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is a great topic. I for one love to share idea from the past 30 years of my career as a haunter. But then there are those, no fault to them that want to charge for their services. Hey, I could do that too, but would rather, for now just share, especailly to new haunters.

This is one of the reasons I started the WCHC.

I look forward to meeting as many of you over the next few days as I can.

Ed
                          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com
                          Ed Roberts
                          Founder
                          The Nightmare Factory
                          www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

I'm not much help...

I don't know how much help I can be to anyone, but we'll be around a good bit. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Some of the best ideas we've come up with have come from going to transworld. We have 10 of us going this year, including my parents, and 7 of our main crew (I would take more if I could). Talk to any one of us with fog gear on. Gary (SN rip-saw) doesn't post much, but he'd love to talk to you guys, and so would the rest of our crew. I know I learn more from talking to other people than I could probably teach others... but its a ton of fun! See you all on Thursday!
                            Patrick Barberry
                            www.legendsofthefog.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Patrick,
                              I think we get hung up on teaching and learning sometimes, those are crucial elements and I learn every time I talk to someone (especially when they are asking me questions). A big part of transworld is getting to be in the same room with dozens to hundreds of other people who have the same problems, and take the same risks. Through casual conversations we learn how we each tackle the problems and mediate the risks. Its a brotherhood that few understand.
                              Its isint pressing each other for knowledge its listening when someone tells you about their new radio ad, or a new room they designed, or even what funny things one of their actors said. There are classes that teach specified info on target topics, and they are awesome no doubt. I learn casually at the bar as well sometimes more than in the classes.
                              See you all at the show!
                              Allen H
                              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X