No announcement yet.

What to use for door openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Secret Passages" can be a great pass through. Build them according to your theme. The better you can disguise them the better.

In the opening room of the Hotel we have a fake staircase they thing they are going up. A startle scare stops them from entering the stairs so they have to use the secret passage. A section of the wall is hinged. But to better hide it I actually have a small table with a phone on it attached to the "wall/door". It also have a two way mirror. Attaching real items makes people assume you can't move them.

We have a bar/lounge area with a large bookcase. Instead of a faked bookcase this is a REAL piece complete with real books and knic knacs. It has a metal frame attached to it with heavy duty hinges. It has moved smoothly for over five years.

A friend also did the fridge as a pass though, but instead of visible chains and a a track, he cut the back off and you actually open the door and walk through the fridge.

The best way to accomplish this is the have things that you not expect to be able to move, move. Look at the room. What would you expect to be the pass though? Then what is the least expected? Figure out how to do the unexpected. That's we Haunters do!!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Steve,
      Capet tack strips screwed to the tops of your exterior wall might also deter those trying to climb over - that, or really piss them off!

Originally posted by Uptown Haunts View Post
      There's a good chance that I may not have an indoor venue and will need a way of locking it up at the end of the night if I end up doing an outdoor/open air gig. Some type of wire mesh fastened to the top of the walls will also help to keep the haunt a little more secure.
      Steve...
      http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Fields View Post
        Steve,
        Capet tack strips screwed to the tops of your exterior wall might also deter those trying to climb over - that, or really piss them off!
        Lmao! Ouch!!!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I did this last year in my fortune telling room. My real bookcase had wheels to roll out of the way to hide the exit. I gave my fortune telling skit and people were so nervous looking around the room for the exit since they knew they only visible door was where the haunt started.
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
            36" door width and there is no typical room width, but its ard to do alot on less than 12'. any less and they are so right on top of the detail that they dont really see it. Think of movies, the bigger the sets and the wider the shots the bigger the production values. It is the same for haunted houses.
            Allen H
            Gee Allen, you would REALLY have trouble designing and operating in a trailer!!! Welcome to my world!!! Eight foot width!!! There are tricks my friend!!

Rich
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Secret Passage Doors

Our house uses a storyline and each room/scene has actors. We use hidden doors that blend into the decor in nearly every room. This seems to make our customers a bit more uneasy not knowing exactly how they are leaving until the actor reveals the exit. It also gives the actor complete control of the time line as well as directing/redirecting them to the scares in each room as we are very animatronic heavy in each scene. The passages that our guests exit into are all pitch dark turn about mazes leading them to the next room. We open throughout the rest of the year for private interactive mystery parties, with very few actors, so this works out very well for us. The layout of the house has all the rooms from the game 'Clue', but we have added a few more like the master bedroom, nursery, wine cellar, etc. Here are pictures of some of the passage doors:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ssage%20Doors/
              http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

"Gee Allen, you would REALLY have trouble designing and operating in a trailer!!! Welcome to my world!!! Eight foot width!!! There are tricks my friend!!"
                Ive done trailors before and a friend of mine has a trailor haunt here locally. They are harder to work with and really hard to get good production values from. I thnk the choice of theme is the big one because it can justify the smaller spaces and tighter passageways. I think sharing the tricks youve discovered would have great value, like posting specific floor plans from past shows would help out folks considering or currently doinbg a trailor show.
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                X