Film Projection Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Projection Inquiry

I have a question for all of you. One of our owners had previously seen an answer on the IAHA boards, but she can't find it now, so i mentioned I'd inquire here.

We are using a film projector in one of our rooms (not the old reel-to-reel type, one of the new ones that can be hooked up to a camera/camcorder). When they tried it at their home, projecting onto a slightly textured wall, the shot looked really grainy. I'm guessing that projecting right onto the haunts walls won't be much different.

Is there a way to make a "screen" out of the wall. A sheet hasn't done the trick. I know that there is a special type of paint you can use (they've done it at my day job), but with the walls still being so textured, I don't think the paint will help. Would a piece of hardboard work if painted white?

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

They sell actual movie film screen in Rolls on ebay, and its pretty darn cheap.

Comment

One thing you might do is buy a plastic shower curtain ($2) and stretch it over a frame. You can front or rear project on it.

Comment

Thanks! I've passed those ideas on to them to look into! Anyone else have ideas?
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I am planning white plainted plywood sheets for a projection screen. Vineyard used them to a good sucess for in line story movie.
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X