NOT PERFECT... YET but check this out TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT PERFECT... YET but check this out TODAY

Okay haunters log into your accounts and play around here. Give me your feedback but I already know mostly what doesn't work or has bugs. I spent 3 hours going through it soup to nuts... now check out the Darkness account which I updated as good as I could until bugs are fixed.

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...i_the_darkness

Tell me what you think.

There are some things that don't work yet but they will!!!!

You might notice NOW you can embed your twitter and facebook feeds. Its pretty cool huh?

LASTLY...

Check out this page: http://hauntworld.com/missouri_haunted_houses

This is the NEW layout for the state pages. You can vote on the poll if you want not that it will matter because we will delete that poll once safeguards are put into place so people can only vote ONCE! I must also talk to Patti about what haunts can be featured in polls and stuff like that. But we will be doing polls to have people vote on best haunts in your state... you can share the page with your facebook friends and ask them to vote. BLah, blah...

Also you will notice on the Missouri page you see NOW most recent photos videos and the top 10 most viewed JUST FOR MISSOURI... its like that now on EVERY STATE!

We will also add a feature to show not only who are the top viewed but how many views they have... do you want YOUR profile to be viewed MORE? Simply go to YOUR page NOW and tweet it or share it with your facebook page and get peopel to view then in YOUR state YOUR profile will go higher!!

Cool huh?

Okay one more...

Last but NOT least...

go here:
    http://hauntworld.com/americas_best_..._halloween.cfm

Okay again no this page isn't FINISHED its just sorta set up for now... but NOW you can read all the featured articles we've ever done ... yes I know all the best of are under Alaska that is temporary. LOL

If you want YOUR haunt featured ON THAT PAGE CONTACT PATTI NOW!

Okay I'm tired... going to bed. Yes in addition to working on baseball teams, building attractions, building our haunts, getting ready for the show, creating two more Hauntworld magazines, YES YES we have been working on HAUNTWORLD.com spending YOUR MONEY you gave to market your haunts we've spent and keep spending it all to make our site better to help people FIND YOU!

This was the biggest project I've ever done... I'm VERY VERY VERY WORN OUT MENTALLY. I need a break a long one... after the show you may not hear from me for a month or two. See ya soon.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry,

It looks ok, still a little busy but it's cool.

The poll for most visited and scariest is not a good idea. It be be used by competitors more than any real person reviewing it and unles you've been to all the ones on the list how can anyone say which is scariest? This will used by haunters and their staff more than anything else. You can have the lamest haunt in a market constantly post and vote and then the uneducated costumer loses following this poll thinking it's real only to find out the worst rated haunt on hauntworld is actually the best haunt in the market!

I say keep it simple, no polls unless you allow the individual haunter to create a poll on his page that he can use to benefit his business, such as what radio station do you listen to? Things like that....

DA

Comment

Controversey Might Spark "Interest", but..

Bad-mouthing does , I believe, take it's toll on everyone, smearing the extreme efforts we all make.
      The lamest production of a Halloween haunt STILL requires alot of plain old WORK, more work than most people not haunting ever will do in my opinion.
      Being, becoming, entertained is a fairly personal thing/experience (unless you are 14 and have never been to a haunt before)
      In a perfect world.......
      Maybe it has to go this way though, back to "Mom likes You Best!" Lies or hard truth, emotionally based , not enough praise for everyone, unseemly human nature?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have logged hundreds of hours on this just this weekend and again today... we are working on any and all errors and bugs. We are also updating all the pages daily so you can check them. If you had a featured haunt article those will start to appear on your profile TODAY in your blog! We are trying to complete everything before the end of the show. Last night I worked on this until 5am on one hour sleep from the night before and discovered some new ideas and things we will be adding over the next week. The site is getting cooler by the second. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Larry,

It looks ok, still a little busy but it's cool.

The poll for most visited and scariest is not a good idea. It be be used by competitors more than any real person reviewing it and unles you've been to all the ones on the list how can anyone say which is scariest? This will used by haunters and their staff more than anything else. You can have the lamest haunt in a market constantly post and vote and then the uneducated costumer loses following this poll thinking it's real only to find out the worst rated haunt on hauntworld is actually the best haunt in the market!

I say keep it simple, no polls unless you allow the individual haunter to create a poll on his page that he can use to benefit his business, such as what radio station do you listen to? Things like that....

DA
          I completely agree with this. Leave the poll for the owners discretion. I myself would choose not to have one due to a few local reasons.
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I think the homepage is looking a lot nicer, but the blog should be smaller or have it set up where you scroll down like you do with the Featured Haunted House Articles. Just show the most recent news story and have a link for people to see the rest of them. The homepage is too busy with that huge blog and it takes to long to scroll down to see everything else near the bottom of the homepage. But besides that, it looks good.
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I admit I have not looked at it yet...but I have to repeat Darks concern over 'rating' . And I already forgot who it was that posted above me because of "local reasons' DEAD ON AGREE 100%.

Comment

Maybe option instead of rating poll....posting what independant rater like ZIOPTIS said about haunt.

Comment

Larry,

I hope you agree in the end it's a bad idea to have those polls on people's pages. It serves no purpose other than to create problems for your advertisers.

DA

Comment

Working...
                  X