Six Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags

I'm looking for some information on Six Flags Fright Fest. I live in Louisville Ky. and am considering approaching Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom about joining there team this year. I've run my own show in the past and done set design and make-up for others but for the past two seasons I've dropped back to just acting. While its been nice to just show up, get some good scares and then go home at the end of the night without dealing with all the other stuff involved with running the show I'm starting to miss the "total package" if you will.

My question is this. Is each Fright Fest done individually or is there a corporate entity overseeing all decisions such as theme, design, budget, etc.? Some of the footage I've seen from other parks is alot different and honestly much better than the park here in town. If they are designed individually I think I could bring a better show to the table. If they are under corporate constraints and not given the same opportunities as an LA or Atlanta I would approach them in a different way.

Any feedback is appreciated
    Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Isnt Six Flags an Oak Island Entertainment product?
    ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Comment

I don't think many people would want to take credit for the one in New England. It was by far the worst haunted attraction I visited in '06 (besides the stage shows). I got in for free and still felt I got ripped off!

It would be really scary if the other Six Flags parks out there were similar.

Comment

In the past the Six Flags events have been run individually. There was an interview with the president of Six Flags last year where he indicated a desire to run an event corporately. Our local Six Flags was recently sold to the Columbus Public Zoo so I don't have any inside info on Six Flags anymore.

And Oak Island does the event at Busch Gardens in Tampa.

Comment

You could try contacting Paul Cecil. He was involved with Kentucky Kingdom’s haunt for several years up until the past two seasons. He may be of some help with the info you need. His e-mail addy is: paulcky@earthlink.net
          http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Numerous people across the country all under the auspices of a common banner can obviously be a two-edged sword.
            So you get people to attend because of the national name, but if it's not up to speed , you lose them anyway as word gets out.
            This could be very tricky establishing the one YOU are doing as having it's own quality level and local identity to overcome the dregs of the other.
            In the end, is there an advantage to name recognition if things happen this way?
            HHHMMM?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I acted at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom back in 2000, and I was under the impression at that time that the parks once followed a set format annually ("Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet" was the theme the year before) but they were starting to each develop their own haunts/attractions for the various parks. The haunt they had then was an odd-ball affair cobbled together with a variety of props and effects (some of which were already slightly ragged at the time) and didn't have a particular theme/storyline.

And if it's any indication, the director of the haunt then was the guy whose function during the regular season was chief lifeguard at Hurricane Bay water park, so I get the feeling that prior experience was a rather moot point...
              "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Oh, I dunno, Warren, the lifeguard might see haunt customers ending up "Wet", of course diving into that "wet" to save them would be tricky!!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, while I can't vouch for any incidents of extreme "wetness", there was tell of one gentleman who came through and lost his lunch in an exceedingly fast and violent manner... :shock:
                  "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Was it a sack lunch or in a "Monkeys" lunch box?
                    "Hey Hey, we're the Monkeys, people say we monkey around,
                    We will step on your lunch if it's carried in a bag that's brown!"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

If those other leads don't work then here's two more...

I know Six Flags Great America by me (just north of Chicago)... outsources their actors/haunt-management to a company called JPM Productions. I was interning in HR over FF while I was in college and this was the company that comes in and does most of FF for SFGA.

I'm not sure if SFKK uses them too but you may want to Google JPM Productions and see what you can find from their website... check under "Creature Crew"

http://www.jpmproductions.com/

My other suggestion....

Contact SFKK's HR department and/or Entertainment Director. Either one should get you pointed in the right direction.
                      Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                      The White Star Farm
                      "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Thanks for the leads.
                        Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Deadmanwalking:
                          I'd be happy to talk with you about the parks.
                          I've worked with Six Flags often since 1994.
                          In that time, I have done entertainment/ creative design for several of the parks' shows as well as Fright Fest (including Kentucky Kingdom).
                          PM me and I'll be glad to share what I know.

FYI, JMP Productions does not produce or participate in the event at Kentucky Kingdom.

Nick
                          Nick Collins
                          SEE-NICK-DESIGN
                          Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Comment

I felt ripped off at the New England one too.
                            Slash
                            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Sorry, but most of the SF Halloween events are rip offs! Just personal opinion. -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X