Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you attach vacuform panels to the wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you attach vacuform panels to the wall?

We've never really used vacuform at our haunt but we're doing a large scene in cinder block with 56 panels of vacuform. I really don't like the idea of staples showing in the grout lines. Gorilla Glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

I am interested as well. I may be doing something similar to what you are very soon.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

We used 6 black drywall screws in each panel in the joints where you can not see them. Easy on Easy off

Smasters

Comment

Except that these will be light colored school walls and the screw heads would show rather badly even when painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

If you are THAT concerned about screws showing, screw some flashing into your wooden wall panels, use ROLLS of velcro to the wood, and to the matching side of the vacuform panels. You wouldn't want to hang anything from the panels or have people hanging on them, but velcro is secure enough at the top, middle, and bottom, to hold the panels in place and can allow for them to be easily taken down at the end of your season.

I already KNOW that someone's going to yell at me for suggesting that, but in your case, it might suit you well.

Comment

Working...
          X