Outdoor queue lighting suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor queue lighting suggestions?

At Legends of the Fog, we sometimes find that we have too much space to work with. Our midway/queue area is between 2 and 3 acres (and shrinking by the year). In the past, we have had localized lighting at our shops, activities, and our stage, etc. However, to make everything lit enough to see what you're doing, we have used two industrial portable light towers, usually covered with gels. This has done the job in the past... but its too much light, and it doesn't set the mood the way we want it to. Any suggestions?

We're working on electrical distribution right now... we're not afraid to place telephone poles, etc. to mount the lights... but I was curious how you light your haunts (especially outside).

thanks!
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

Hey Patrick,
    How did everything work out with the digital video repeater? As for lighting, we have installed many different outdoor options depending on each clients needs and the look and feel they are going for. We are dealers of color kinetics and these are unbelievable outdoor led lights. We could help set you up with a full system and programming if your interested. Let us know if we can be of any assistance!
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

I Guess I'm Lucky!

My outdoor Q-line lighting are very realistic looking Street Lights... owned by the City , Mount Carroll.
      Sometimes the electric company trims or doesn't trim the branches that will obscure some of the light from the street light, so either it's as bright as day, or patterns whip across the house, shadows of those naked branches, helping accent the naked vines wrapped around the house itself! (Looking Veiny)
      The north side of the house is always very dark because there is a mere 20 feet of yard, then a cliff and numerous trees below, then a small river=no neighbors.=nice.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bill - we'll stop by your booth again this year. The video repeater worked great! I'll stop by your booth this year, and we can talk about lights.

Jim - I guess I should move the haunt closer to the city so I can steal their light! Our closest neighbor is damn near 2,000 feet away, and he still complains!
        Patrick Barberry
        www.legendsofthefog.com
        sigpic

Comment

The Ravens Grin neighbors!

I have over 6,400 neighbors close by on the next hill who have yet to complain or go to a city council meeting or send the Police here... because they are all done with living and most of them have been done for many years.
          The residentual neighborhood next to the graveyard probably would have complained since the sound travels to them rather "too well", acustically speaking, but I turned off and did away with the outdoor speakers I once had after I made the trip up the hill and listened to the noise I was making.
          My other potentual neighbors are across parking lots, the backs of store buildings, some of which have apartments upstairs but they don't usually hear what goes on here, storm windows on, AC on...
          I originally tried to have a soundtrack running inside my house but did away with that too since it was at odds with what I was trying to do here for my "show".
          Maybe the lack of soundtrack sets them up to be more scared ?
          I know it makes it easier for the odd, random "Old House" sounds to scare them that naturally occurr here, like footsteps running up the stairs when nobody is there, or a voice calling your name, waking you from a sound sleep... oh, those things happened when no customers were in the house..
          yes they did.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Patrick,
            I apologize but we are unable to attend Transworld this year, my good friend is getting married this weekend and I will be busy with that. Don't these non haunters know this weekend is Transworld? haha. However if you have any questions or would like to chat about lighting, please feel free to contact me via email or on the phone. Both can be found on the Dark Tech Effects website. Thanks so much, and look forward to hearing from you!
            Best,
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Automated DMX Lighting
            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Patrick,
              At my park we have several different light solutions for the different situations. Along our lanes we have victorian lamp posts with energey efficient bulbs great for atmosphere- decent for lighting. We have alot of buildings on site and green fixtures are attached to those with orange yellow and green bulbs. Currently all the trees on property are treated with colored lights in them, but I really want to switch to solar powered LED lights in all the trees.
              At the 3-D House we of course have a black light wash that hits the facade and que as well as some white lights.
              My castle is mostly lit by fire- we have four propane torches that go all night and to flame bursts that go off every 15 minuites. The lighting outside my maze is black light to illuminate the facade and a few strobes, because there are strobes inside.
              I took that from chefs-when they garnish a dish they use whats in it so people can know what the ingredients are before tasting it. So we dont get near as many questions like "are there strobes inside?" when they are looking at the facade with six strobes going off.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
              X