on-line ticketing good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on-line ticketing good or bad?

Hello everyone, would like to hear your opinion on on-line ticketing. use it or not? and if you use it who do you use and why?
    In Darkness they hunt the living
    http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Hey Joe,

Here's some older threads on this topic

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...=online+ticket

Hope it helped, sorry for not giving original advice, I just knew there were some out there, but there's probably newer opinions and news that other people can put their input in here on too.

Bobby

Comment

Weve used TicketLeap..... Our first year was a clusterfrak due to one of our people screwing stuff up... BUT Ticket Leap went above and beyond to get it straightened out and 4 months later we had our cash.
      Last year went off without a hitch and we will use them again this year.

Now heres a Question, what percentage do you think your online sales are...... Our online sales for the past 2 years have been barely 1%
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Do people ever buy a ticket then come to you and say we couldn’t make it to the haunt and we want a refund?

Thanks!

Peter T
        FS
        Fables Studios
        Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
        https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Thanks Bobby, I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest to use. Some thing that the money isnt held by someone else. but goes directly into a haunt account. that way i have access to it and not waiting for months to get it.

Comment

Ticket Leap is actually pretty good. there really is no reason not to do online ticketing,
            i think we are at about 10% for online ticket sales, and that is the market that is seeing growth also.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

#1. Online ticketing is something every haunted house should be doing. You can tap into the Impulse Buying crowd, alot of times if people go to your website and like what they see they will want to go so why not have the option right there to buy there tickets while it's fresh in there heads. #2. You must do a VIP pass, with my haunt in Philadelphia it's about a 65%/35% split VIP to REG passes bought online. Why ? when selling your tickets online you are giving the customers the mind set of Ergency and that ( This must be a busy haunt, why else would they sell online?) #3 It's just going to help grow your business.

And I to use Ticket Leap, Best online ticket if ever used and would recommend them to anyone. Fast, easy and great customer service. Call up and talk to Lee he's your man.

Robert J Dudzieck
              All Seasons Entertainment LLC
              Fright Factory Haunted House PA

Comment

I have been selling online tickets forever before any of these online companies I was working with Ticketmaster, then I did it myself, now work with an online service. My goal each year is to increase online sales and last year we sold more online tickets than ever... we are up to something like 40% maybe 50% of all of our tickets are now sold ONLINE!

Anyone who refuses to sell online and or doing everything they can to sell online is a flat out IDIOT!

There are so many benefits to selling online I can't even begin to tell you... you must do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to drive traffic to YOUR WEBSITE then while they are there SELL THEM A TICKET.

If they buy a ticket they are coming if they walk away from your site they may or may not come.

SELL TICKETS ONLINE AND TRY MAKE IT YOUR GOAL EACH YEAR TO DOUBLE TRIPLE your online sales.

My goal is to get to 100%.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Lots of great info thanks so much.

Comment

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Xxx
                    Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 10-18-2011, 02:12 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

There are going to expenses incurred as the ticketing company must also make money.
                      A lot depends on your market. My market sucks for people buying ahead.
                      They have a mentality of show up and buy! But I still use an on line ticket company.

First I would suggest that you pass the on line ticket cost to the consumer.
                      They are use to it as Ticketmaster and the like always had a ticketing fee attached
                      to the ticket. At first the services were suggesting the haunts absorb that cost.
                      It is a convenience fee, so it is more convenient to the customer, he pays the fee.
                      Most services will allow for this.

You also have the use of the equipment, the scanner(s) and any support hardware.
                      See if there is a fee for usage of the equipment. You can sometimes negotiate this.

Shipping. You have to ship the scanners both ways. Do you are the service company pay for this?
                      Most require you do, some ship to you, you pay the return. In any case it is an added expense.
                      Do you want it to just be a cost of doing business or do you incorporate it?

Some services require a minimum ticket purchase or you will be responsible to make up the difference.

As I said most points can be negotiated, shop around. TW was a great opportunity as most were
                      represented. Some services are adding other features. I heard Interactive ticketing is incorporating
                      on site merchandise sales into their platform.

Decide on the requirements you need, shop around and get what works best. Try not to lock into a long
                      term contract as if you are not satisfied you can switch the following year.

Try not to rape your customer with the fee. Keep it reasonable, but don't screw yourself either.
                      Remember you will have a small percentage that pays on line then never redeems the ticket (found money).
                      IF you think you may only sell a couple hundred the first year, factor that in with the ticket fee. If their fee
                      is $1.00 a transaction, shipping is $50.00, just add 25 cents for a $1.25 fee and you have no out of pocket cost.

As many have stated it just makes sense to have on line ticketing. Even if it starts slow (as our has) it will increase
                      as more and more people become used to on line shopping. It is also an image thing. Do you go to the haunt that only
                      takes cash or the haunt that has on line ticketing and takes debit or credit??? Which case seems like a company that plans
                      on being around a while??

Opps, you didn't even mention if you took credit cards!!! That could be a whole different thread (you should take credit cards too!!)

I have used Click N Print for a couple years, no problems.

Rich
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor View Post
                        Sorry to chime in so late. I'm sure you saw my post regarding Extremetix / ClickNPrint in one of the links provided by Bobby. To reiterate what Larry said, put online ticketing on your site and then drive as much traffic to your site as possible!

We have coupons distributed at more than 30 McDonald's locations, 4 or 5 Halloween Express Stores, 4 Domino's Pizza locations (including delivery box toppers), 5 Flying Burrito locations, etc. The coupons are valid for $1.00 Off of admission to the first 3 weekends. However, the coupon includes a code that people can use to purchase tickets online and double the coupon value. They are required to complete a short 5 question survey, which was setup by ClickNPrint, and are rewarded with the double coupon discount.

Historically we've averaged approx 10% of our ticket sales being purchased online. This past year, however, we had a significant reduction in online ticket purchases. I believe this was due to the economic crisis and its affect on credit cards.

The cost of using http://www.clicknprint.com/ has always been more than covered by the unredeemed tickets alone! We've never had anyone request a refund for not being able to make it after purchasing tickets online yet.

Hope this helps!

Kel
                        Hey Kelly, just a quick question. does the ticket money go right into your account or do you have to wait to get it after the event? also do you have a contact person that you suggest?
                        Thanks Joe

Comment

Our online sales were I would say were close to 40% of all our sales.
                          we used ExtremeTix as well and were more than happy with them. I believe the money was deposited weekly directly into our bank account.
                          http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxx
                            Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 10-18-2011, 02:13 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Kelly Allen
                            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                            www.RaycliffManor.com
                            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor View Post
                              A little birdie told me they are adding some awesome marketing features for 2011! I'll be anxious to hear the updates on this!
                              Kel

Kelly, Don't know if it's one of the new features you speak of, but last season we were using Extremetix's smart phone function. Customer buys tickets online, even standing in our ticket line, has it sent to their smart phone, then presents the screen of his phone for us to scan the same bar code that would appear on hard copy. Worked much better than I was imagining and great to have the speed of customer spontaneous purchase (usually speed pass) and then not have all the paper accumulation!
                              Karl

To answer someone else's question, we got a direct deposit transfer once a week and had 1 or 1.5 percent held back for about 90 days. This percent was to account for any charge backs that might occur.

About 30% of our total sales were in online tickets.
                              Last edited by Karl Fields; 03-21-2011, 12:33 AM.
                              http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Working...
                              X