New **SILICONE MASK** Company- Frightmare FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New **SILICONE MASK** Company- Frightmare FX

Hey guys- Jarred here from Frightmare FX. We're a brand new SILICONE mask company starting out this year.

Just to give you guys a little bit of background information- All of our artists have had YEARS of experience in this field working with various mediums and haunt/horror settings. All our masks are made of a specially formulated silicone we get specially made just for our masks. We re-enforce all our masks with a special mesh to prevent running tears.
    Our prices are pretty low- Show pricing- $399 (Reg. $449) All our masks can be custom painted any way you would like them. We can also do custom sculpts for ROCK BOTTOM prices! (Email me for details at Jarred @ Frightmarefx . com )(no spaces) Our mask sizes are the same if not better than our competition, as well as our paint schemes. We try offer the best silicone masks we can make to our ability, with as short as possible wait times, YET not skimping on the quality of the mask or paint!

I don't want to sound to formal/business "like" on here, but i don't want any body to take us lightly. We plan on expanding our mask line to a total of 15 by next transworld. (check us out, we have a table this year!) As well as adding many additional products. We also currently carry a full line of soft foam "realistic" weapons. We have just about every weapon you could think of and if we don't have it, we can make it for you at a pretty low price.

We have a facebook page, check us out and "LIKE" our page!
    wwww.facebook.com/frightmarefx

We also just got our website up and running with even MORE products on their!
    www.FrightmareFX.com

Ill post some pictures up on here and try to keep it updated as we add products, but im new to this forum so it may take a few days to get used to!

If you guys have any questions just post them or PM me on here, or you can give us a call or email (Contact info on our website) and we'll have someone help you out!

Thanks guys!
    Let me know what you think of our masks!

Jarred Alcala
    Co-Owner/Sculptor
    Frightmare FX

http://www.frightmarefx.com/images/m...loweenmask.jpg http://www.frightmarefx.com/images/m...enmaskfoam.jpg
    Last edited by FrightmareFx; 03-11-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

Wow I like these mask I maybe looking for one soon Good luck with the mask guys
        BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
        www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Thanks! If your out at the show come check us out and we'll let you try a few on!

Comment

Hand tool 'weapons' are top quality, checked them out today at TW. Rigid substructure, good detail in the paint. Haven't scrutinized the price comparisons yet; at a glance they don't seem to be trying to compete on price. And, while good quality, not remarkably better than what's already out there, not sure how they hope to differentiate themselves from the existing market. Nice guys with top quality work hand props.

Going back by tomorrow to look more closely at the masks. As I walked up one silicone mask stood out and looked vaguely like CFX's IMP. What stood out most about the masks was next to no detail in the paint, and a price point [after TW] nearly the same as CFX. The mask was plenty thick, seams weren't visible, but the paint job would prohibit any educated buyer from purchasing.

Update later after a re-visit.

Comment

Hi Twin Locusts,

Thanks for the kind words on our weapons! As far as the price competition goes, ive price some that ive seen at the show and were a little bit cheaper than some of the higher end guys ($10 or so) and some of them were the same price, and I believe there are some cheap ones out on the show room floor, but from what ive seen, your getting what you pay for. Price on our weapons isn't a real selling point for us, its more so the quality and customizations you can do to them. Not sure if you herd us giving one of our long speeches (Lol) on what can do done to customize it, but if you didn't then here's a summary! We can pretty much customize weapons as well as masks to the fullest extent. All weapons can be made with or without blood, same goes for rust. We can make them look old or new, we can make them any color you would like. If theirs a weapon we don't have, we can make it at a very low price for you. Hope this helps with the weapons!

As for the masks goes, you should definitely come back tomorrow to check them out. We'd love to talk to you about them and you can try a few on! As far as painting on our masks goes we can give you an up close look at some. As I'm sure you could see, were kind of tucked back in the corner and without the best lighting. The masks take no shorter than 4-8 hours to paint up, so the detail is there. If you were looking at the green goblin mask we carry, then yes, it is more of an un-detailed mask. Its painted in the shadowed areas and hit with some paints all over but not a whole lot is done to it. All our flesh looking masks take hours to get the realistic look. From a distance its not to noticeable, just like facial color on a real human face. A close look will show all the detail that goes into it, including the obvious veins. One thing we do not paint on is capularies. We will start including that nice little detail on our masks shortly.

I spent alot of time at CFX's booth comparing our masks with theirs. I will NEVER put down their work because it is what got me going in this, but we aren't way far behind them. I think a good comparison is we are to cfx as cfx is to spfx. I spent alot of time looking at their paint schemes and such and could find little differences. I can feel honest by saying I think within a years time at transworld next year, we will be right up their with cfx and have MANY more options of masks. We have a few full time FX artists working, so things are only going to get better from here, and keep on expanding and growing. You can also expect alot more work from us outside of just the silicone masks and weapons!

I'd love to talk to you at the show tomorrow, just swing by our table and i'd be glad to help you and let you try some masks on!

Hope your having a great time at transworld!

-Jarred

Comment

Hey Jarred - will do.

It's always tough when we're new to a market dominated by a few central players that everyone compares us to, been there - hopefully will be again.

Major take away for me was that your "weapons" were outstanding and a value for the price point. The toughest aspect of selling after the show is that it's a challenge for the web to show that detail and quality.

You're right I wasn't there long enough and didn't look closely enough at the masks, heading over now.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by FrightmareFx View Post
                  Thanks! If your out at the show come check us out and we'll let you try a few on!
                  I wont be at trans world but I will be at hauntcon, Are you guys gonna make it out to that show?
                  BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                  www.horrorfields.com

Comment

We're not sure yet if we'll be able to make it out there this year, but i know next year we will!

-Twin Locusts

Glad to see you come back over and take a second look! Hope everything looked good for you at a closer look, would love to hear a review!

Take care guys!
                    Jarred

Comment

Hey guys, were brainstorming on new products to make after filling all our transworld orders. Throw us any ideas you guys have, remeber we specialize in silicone, foam, and latex. Were currently also working on a "make your own silicone mask kit" avalible with paints and prostedics, along with a head form, instructional dvd, paint brushes, and literally every single thing you need. This should be avalible sometime in the middle of the summer running around the same prices as our masks. The price could change higher depending on the amount of research ad products included. We also might start making fully power meshed silicone half masks, making them strong and and cool for haunt actors in hot settings and allowing the haunt owners to feel safe giving them to un trusted actors because they are viturally impossible to tear. The price will be roughly half the price of our masks. Latex half masks will also be avalible shortly.

Let us know how you guys feel about these new products and price esimates.
                      If you have any ideas for new products now is the time to share with us so we can start research.

Thanks guys!

Jarred
                      Frightmare FX

Comment

i'd like to see the following masks:

realistic face w/glass shards sticking out of the flesh ie; one in the bridge of the nose, embedded in brow and chin and so on
                        a really good burned face and arm appliances, like the person just came out of an oven, maybe even one w/grill marks
                        a face with zippers sewn into the skin-half way across the face covering an eye opening and maybe from the forehead down-opened and exposing the bloody skull underneath
                        a face that has been caught in a bear trap-where the trap is still attached to the back of the mask and the teeth have dug deep grooves in the face and have dislodged one of the eyes. The wearer would look out between the trap teeth
                        and speaking of bear traps i'd like to see a well made realistic prop of one w/movable jaws.
                        a smooth mask along the lines of what cfx offers but having the eye openings covered with a see thru fleshy material
                        and a mask I would refer to as varigross- a face bulging with varicose veins, nose covered in broken capillaries, and just every inch crawling w/twisting jumbled up veins.

Comment

Thanks for your ideas!

I think the glass mask idea you have is pretty cool. From a technical stand point i think it could be done with clear silicone glass shards. I've been thinking about some kind of burn victim mask as well. I'll throw some of these ideas out to the other artists. The bear trap would be cool- but i think it would be nearly impossible to make and take alot of time to make it safely work properly, i think this is something we would save for commissioned work, should anyone want one made. The smooth mask is more so ment just for a build your own silicone mask kit. It would come unpainted and with tons of room for the buyer to customize it any way they should like. If people end up having problems or need help- im only a phone call or email away.

Thanks for throwing some cool ideas to us!

Jarred
                          Frightmare FX

Comment

Working...
                          X