Although I may be Biased...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although I may be Biased...

I truly believe that Dead House Designs had a strong showing this year! WOW what an impact! Certainly the best looking booth at the show. I know these are the guys that design my haunt but they did this themselves! IN 3 WEEKS! If you haven't seen their booth check it out. Even if you don't buy anything... It's worth a look! They are starting a new era in scenic design for the haunt industry! I will be at the booth tomorrow... Come by and say hi!

Ross Karpelman
    The House of Shock
    New Orleans, LA.

PS: Big thanks goes to Larry Kirshner for the Caverns tour! There were times I thought I could have died... For Real! LEMP Brewery is an amazing space! Thanks very much for the unbridled tour and the mud on my pants! Larry is CRAZY! Love that dude!

Ross I cannot agree more! I vote Dead House Designs as the best new Scenic product vendor! The maggots in the toilet, FANTASTIC!!!
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Werd Ross!

"I ain't got no dog in this fight", but I will agree. Detailed visual impact second to none. For 10 X 20' there was more detail than in half the rest of the floor. The big dude on the crew was beside me explaining the "scattering roaches" wall to a lady, and because the detail was so great she just couldn't get it, she kept saying, "but how do they come out from behind the wall trim" haha. The projection was made for, and aligned perfectly with, the wall, that's how. You're guy didn't say that, but I thought it

Friendly helpful crew too, I hope they make bank.

Comment

post some pictures if you have any

need updates on the show so far. (photos and comments) thanks!

Comment

Really couldn't have asked for a better showing. It was hard to compete with them on that side of the room. The effects are just amazing and with the versatility to change, they have a great future ahead
          Join The Collective

Comment

Very impressive showing!

They definately had an awesome booth, and the maggot toilet was amazing!(and yes, we had to buy one). Their booth was right up there with Midnight Studios' as the best two
            at the show. And the guys at the booth were very friendly and helpful, and they seem like they will be a very good vendor to do business with.
            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Ross,

I wouldn't disagree with you the detail your guys put forward is truely awesome! I think they did an outstanding job! I can't go as far to say best booth just yet because guess what one of the only booths I've seen is theirs... LOL!

I've been stuck in my booth or leaving to go to some haunt tour!!! I will walking the whole show today and will check out all the booths and all the new products and I'm looking forward to it.

Out of all of their FX I would say the maggots are the best by far because they actually look REAL! The detail work like you said is really something awesome!!!

Again kudos!

And lastly I will say so far its the best booth I've seen this year!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I couldn't find anything about the company when I performed a search. If anyone has a link or photos, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
                sigpic
                http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

I agree that they had one of the best, if not the best, booth at the show. I didn't throughly look their booth over until Saturday and I was blown away by the amount of detail they had with their products. And the maggot toilet MAY have been my favorite product from the entire show! It was SO gross!

Wonderful job guys!
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

enough talk!!!!!!!

how about some photos for us who couldn't make it. (and everybody else) photos, please !!!!! thanks............

Comment

I interviewed Dead House Designs for RFR and the one thing that really floored me is that they started the company in JANUARY. I can't fathom what they're going to have next year...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

The maggots were indeed amazing, but it's an unassuming effect and might be hard to get people to notice the toilet? I worry it might be something guests just walk by without seeing? What's your thoughts on how to make the effect noticeable?

DA

Comment

gave them heads up

Sunday I gave them heads up hat they were being talked about on forum. Told them they were singled out from all of the stuff there and praised openly about their stuff. And now I read they started in Jan! No wonder this guy looked like he just conquered the world with his smile at the good news.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
                            Sunday I gave them heads up hat they were being talked about on forum. Told them they were singled out from all of the stuff there and praised openly about their stuff. And now I read they started in Jan! No wonder this guy looked like he just conquered the world with his smile at the good news.
                            Any chance you could get photos of their products posted if you have some? Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                            Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

All products are on their website www.deadhousedesigns.com
                              Kevin
                              MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Working...
                              X