No announcement yet.

2011 Darkness & Lemp Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Larry, i definitly meant no disrespect by the unit 70 showroom comment, the setup and especially the building was still impressive, and i guarantee better than most haunts out there (including mine!) but the darkness absolutely puts all others to shame!
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      I heard Cameron the little guy scared basically everyone at both Darkness and Lemp... again. LOL
      Yes, that guy got me good! haha what a great asset he is.
      ----------------------------------------------
      A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Larry, all of us had a good time at the Lemp and it was nice just to get away from the Ren for a little while lol. I understand emergency lighting and exits, sprinklers, flame retardant, etc. that goes into an event like the Lemp must have been a bitch of a challange. I was just curious God forbid, if there was ever a major fire or another emergency how long would it take your guests to reach safety? We thought everyone did a great job.

Comment

Good question in fact ur not the first to ask me. Lemp had three exits and an elevator. It would not be as easy to get people out as say darkness but we do have the three exits.

Here is the reality the place is covered in water in the summer everything down there suffers from water damage. It won't be the easiest thing to start a fire in just because it's mostly stones and the rest sucks in water by the gallon.

We plan to add a forth exit with our planned future expansion. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

So far as electrical did you all have to redo all that to open Lemp? And does it have a sprinkler system? I thought I saw one but it was hard to tell. Just wondering what kinda shape this place was in before you moved in. I know it sat for a long time.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

I don't take it as disrespect at all... which is why I said I don't disagree. I like all the constructive comments. We plan on working on Lemp a lot over the next year. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Have a summer event and show Creepyworld. I went through it once and it was fun. It would definitely be worth seeing. I'm sure you could get enough people to drive in and see it.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Underground, solid rock.."Fireproof"?

Damp, sump pump mecessary, stone arched ceiling from 1870, I sure thought the wine cellar beneath the Ravens grin was fireproof, and it basically sure is!
                  But.... one time I told my helper he could stick a real candle in the mud in a large old galvenised wash tub(Mud and metal pans don't combust)
                  After hours as we were upstairs talking.. we smelled something?
                  The wine cellar was packed full of very nasty , thick smoke!???
                  There was a wad of very old, wet cardboard under that mud. How it ever caught on fire, just enough to smoulder and create that terrible smoke..I really can't "figure"???
                  But it DID.
                  Three candles can illuminate that wine cellar very well , but No More Candles!
                  "Live & Learn!"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X