Transworld 2011 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
    There isint a shadow of a doubt in my mind that they ripped off gore galore. Employees left gore galore and went directly to dreamsacpe, then dreamscape changed the focus of their product line (formerly almost all dummies) to paralell Gore Galores. Is it common in the industry..yes. Does that make them crappy humans... yes. In my book it does. They are not improving an existing prouct or offereing the same quality at a lower price, their stuff seemed really inferior and was just a little bit under Gore glaores in price.
    I will not support them and I urge others to do the same. Competition is one thing a targeted attack is another ting all together. If I left a company and started working for another in the same industry I would do all I could to distance myself from them.
    Allen H
    First off the boys were fired, they didnt leave GG.....and they didn't even start communicating with Dream Scape for about 2 weeks after that.
    Also I am not directing this post at just you Allen, this is for everyone who has been posting bad things about a company they have no idea about.

One thing that gets me about the human race is that they will listen to whom they think is right and never get the full/other side of the story. But it sucks when the people who are spreading the rumors more and more are actually lying or really stretching what really happened/was told to them. Since there seems to be a lot of people who only want to hear it from one side of this story…or never came and asked for more info on our behalf… I am going to finally voice out for myself.
    Many of you know Jake Rich from numerous shows….until now did you ever have a problem with him???? NO!!! I bet you all had a few drinks and have bull shitted with him at countless shows. He was one of the main guys behind Gore Galore for the almost the past 4 years. He and his twin brother were the ones you would see out late into the nights, talking gore and doing random business talks for the company. Jake held many titles while at GG, which includes lead sculptor, lead painter, shop boss, art director, production coordinator, and he was originally hired on to increase efficiency and product turnover time_______ So now you can ask yourself why the stuff at Dream Scape Studios look so much like what GG use to have! We did not recast GG giant heads. Jake was the one who sculpted most of the items during the past 3 years….to name a few the pumpkin, the witch, swamp hag, Caustic the clown, Pierce Sr., the giant goat head, and he also helped design the Death Knight costume and multiple hand weapons.
    If you ask me, credit should be given where it is due. His style is his own…and so is Kevin’s. But don’t start spreading lies about how he stole this and stole that…..when he was the one who created it to begin with. And I haven’t ever seen an artist changing their style because their ex-boss told them to. Jake has moved on and has taken his talent and style someplace else where they can actually make a difference and are valued.
    I am pretty sure a lot of people know about how Jake and Ben got fired/ or how they walked out of GG (which isn’t true!!!) I have heard so many stories from people that it is really impressive to know that one person can make this many lies and still think they won’t get caught. Yes the boys were fired, but only because Kevin couldn’t run his shop correctly. Without good communication in a business, that business will fall and fail. Aren’t owners supposed to deal with problems inside their company… or you could just ignore/run away from the situation or put your trust in the wrong people and decide to get rid of the ones who really counted.
    There does happen to be some people who are in the industry to help others grow, not in a vengeful deceitful way. But to show the community and others the amazing skill and talent that people have. To promote the love of what they do and to help EACH OTHER grow into better sculptors, welders, painters and technicians.
    As I am sure many of you will tell me I am wrong…. I just can’t wait for people to figure out all the lies spread by those who only know half the story. Karma will be sweet..... and from the taste I got this past weekend at TransWorld, I might enjoy it more than chocolate!!!!
    Last edited by Ashley Whetsel; 03-20-2011, 10:07 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Ashley,
      I never once spoke to kevin at the show. I never asked about what happened. I have no idea what happened, and I dont care, Im not into drama or gossip. I saw people who used to work for Kevin now work at another booth at the show. I saw that that booths product line was completely different than it was in past years and paralelled gore galores product line. It dosent take anyone to tell me what happened, I saw it happen. There really is no other way to explain that series of events other than they left gore galore and are now ripping them off at the new company they work for.
      I know nothing about the drama and dont need or want to. If I were Jake, and I was "wronged" by a company or person then I would not make similar products when I started up. I would do all I could to distance myself from that niche market and do my own thing, make my own name. Right now he is only honoring Kevin and gore galore by making similar products. Reguardless of the conditions he left under we are looking at what he did since he left, that is poor conduct.
      I have no doubt Jake is talented and will be sucessful in the future, but right now he is still supporting gore galore by reinforcing that their products are worth copying.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

another side note.....

Also, its kind of hard to get away from people in this field of work. Especially when you went to college and earned your degree in Special FX and Fabrication. This is what Jake loves to do. He didn't let his first FX job discourage him, and he wont stop working now because of the drama. When you have your heart into your work, thats when the best stuff comes out. He will continue to shock and awe the haunt industry, just as he has done for years previous.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

what about the other tall creatures....

so what about the other companies that have slightly larger costumes........ are they not on the chopping block also?? Cause didn't Chip's Creations do one like a few years back at MHC? It dosen't make sense to me why everyone is blacklisting/attacking Dream Scape only because we thought of/developed a better and lighter armature before anyone else.....oh and the fact that the Rich twins are now working with this company. We are only trying to provide what others cant. Our quality is just as good as others.
          Last edited by Ashley Whetsel; 03-20-2011, 10:41 PM.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dream Scape Studios

First and foremost we would like to thank each and every person or group that either stopped by or purchased items from Dream Scape Studios, there has been much discussion in regards to “knock offs” and “copies” when in fact the original designer/sculptor behind the makings of many Gore Galore products has taken his talent and moved on to work here with us at Dream Scape Studios.
            Let’s look at the history of giant/oversized puppet like costumes and where they began before we go giving credit to someone whom themselves took the idea and fashioned it in their own way. You can go back as far as the 1600’s to Europe and follow it all the way to the 1930’s to the United States where Disney too made their own version of these large figure like costumes. In all fairness we don’t know who the originator was, however we do know that Gore Galore, Ex Mortis, Fear Scape Studios and possibly others have put their own unique spin on this idea. Those that seem to have the problem are those who are too ignorant to look up the facts and in turn save face by bashing another company that has the artist behind Gore Galore products and put their own spin on it making it better in more than one way all while offering it at a lower price.
            Our improvement was a light weight aluminum armature/frame that is fully adjustable in three different areas, shoulder width, lumbar support location to fit users back making it more ergonomic, and costume height to keep user from walking on costume fabric. These improvements were by far needed as all the feedback we received before going into production were hit on in many ways. Additional improvements are interchangeable heads and shoulder supports between armature/frames within minutes, modular pieces that are cost effective to replace when needed thus eliminating the need to ship an entire costume back for repair, shipping is less expensive with modular pieces as the costume can be broken down and shipped in boxes rather than being dumped onto a skid and charging the customer a ridiculously high flat shipping fee. These improvements were our general improvements that apply to both our non animatronic and animatronic versions. Non animatronic version has head movement to mimic that of a bobble head with separate mouth movement as well, animatronic version has head movement left, right and up and down along with mouth movement all made possible with the use of a Wii Nunchuck and an EFX Tek control board. Utilizing quarter scale servos and gear reduction drives we are able to move the character head without asking the operator to stick their head in a helmet that is either too small or uncomfortable, either way feedback suggested something better was needed. With all these improvements and added control value we are still able to produce and sell at or below the cost of our so called competition that “originated” the idea. All in all our armature/frame is lighter, better fitting and looks professional in all aspects. It’s time for those “garage looking” frames and armature that are currently being sold as “professional” to be a thing of the past and give the customer something they expect when paying.
            Many of today’s products can be found made in so many various ways and if you take the time to go back and research who actually originated the idea you will find that many times to be different from what you thought. Yes we made “dead buddies” in 2008 and yes they came with a death certificate, Gore Galore has “my pet zombies” with an adoption certificate copies I think not ours are dolls that you can take anywhere with you as they weigh only ten pounds. My pet zombies are static figures that weigh 50 pounds or more. If my memory serves me correct Cabbage Patch kids came out before either Dream Scape or Gore Galore and they offered adoption certificates, point in case is this every industry takes product in one way or another and makes it better in their own way.
            For all those that posted in support of us thank you and for all those that had their own ideas of what the truth really is we encourage you to check your facts and at least check out the very product you are speaking of. We sold plenty of them to dispute what you had to say, I am sure many of our customers will freely give you their opinions of the costumes they purchased at Transworld.
            Allen H for your knowledge we did not attend Transworld last year, nor did we take any orders that you so nicely pointed out that several people are still waiting on, please check your facts….
            Dman had you stopped and taken a look at what you “thought was a much flimsier version” you would have found that to be quite the opposite. Stronger, tougher and versatile is what you would have found! Shame you say, well shame on those who take advantage of the very customers whom we are selling product to with overpriced, “garaged” mechanics and an uncomfortable harness that is begging to be replaced. Either way thank your for your shallow thoughts.
            Last edited by Fear At Its Best; 03-20-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dman View Post
              I think their is a major problem here with this Dreamscape Company.

The giant costumes aren't the only ripoff,
              Kevin developed the Pet Zombies with death certificate, Dreamscape has Dead Buddies and come with guess what? A death certificate..
              They have ripped off the Big o pipe, the zombies heads on plaques, the Bucky guts and there may be more, I looked quickly.

I also noticed that the twin brothers that used to work for Kevin were in Dreamscapes booth, They were wearing Gore Galore shirts, it wasn't bad enough to rape Kevins product, they had to rub it in his face.

Your a strong man Kevin, had this happened to me, the twins wouldn't have been able to walk into the show.

Dan Augusto
              Dan, you need to read the last couple of posts in your thread..... then you might get an actual idea of what is going on. Jake didnt deserve to be fired.... but when things like that happen, you take all those ideas you have in your head, and ones that you have thrown around for years (and they never get a light of day) and you walk off with them. Also, the boys were not wearing GG shirts in Dream Scape booths. They had their jackets from GG that they wore outside when they went to smoke.....but other than that we did not wear the GG logo.....why waste a good jacket? If it really means that much to everyone, I will get patches on them so no one will mix them up again. We are with Dream Scape now, and we will dedicate our full effort into making it a stand out company!!
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Support

I have to say that what I saw from dream scape was by far better than anything gore galore had, their paint detail is by far better and thier new cosutme frame is to be applauded. I cant wait for my frame to arrive (yes they sell them seperately) so I can replace the sorry frame and harness that I have had to deal with in the past from gore galore. With only what two months to create new heads and a frame with a harness I think they did a great job, with time I think they will have an entire army of new heads that will stand out over gore galore as from what I read the talent behind gore galore has left. I also agree that if the talent that sculpted gore galor products has left and currently producing similiar products elswhere then yes they will look similar as that is the sculptors trade mark or his signature if you will. I want the best product for my money not whats available and have it be less than desirable to wear for any given length of time. I wish both companies the best of luck and I will continue to purchase what is best for my money. Keep on going Jake!
                Last edited by wllmsnamy; 03-20-2011, 11:37 PM.
                Repairs are a good thing, they point out the weak links in the design!!!

Comment

None of the items you guys have listed were ripped off unless you consider Gore Galore just ripped them first. The adoption certificates was not their idea. Large costumes or stalkarounds were not their idea. They just took the idea and ran with it. I like the competition in the market. It drives ingenuity and keeps the pricing down for the consumer. I still don't know where you are coming from on this Allen. I know you may be good friends with the owners of Gore Galore but this argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. If you want to say Dreamscape ripped off merchandise then you must admit gore galore did the same. If you look back a year or two you will see when everyone was saying that other companies were ripping of SPFX with silicone masks. It was a terrible argument. They don't own the silicone mask industry. Now its accepted and 4 new vendors had them this year. They are making better masks and cheaper. I think this will have the same effect. The better made less expensive version will take the market.
                  Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Ex Mortis had the stalkarounds before anyone. Remember that? All ive got to say. Not sayin anyone ripped anyone off. I have really no idea.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Reinstate The Medieval Guilds!

The owner takes on an apprentice. the apprentice works like a dog-slave. learning the trade(keeping those trade secrets)finally if the posibility presents itself, the apprentice breaks off , goes on his own, sets up his shop, takes on an apprentice.
                      "Is Everybody Happy?"
                      Probably only in fits and spurts.
                      Who gets the major part of the profit from who's work?
                      Whose name is on the creations?
                      These are the two sticking points for me , personally, but if everything is OK with owners, apprentices, then who really has a gripe?
                      Anybody ever heard of a guy named "Seldon"?
                      He was in court for maybe 20 years claiming he had patented the automobile. Most car companys paid him for years except Henry Ford.
                      When the Judge found in Ford's favor GM felt pretty stupid having paid Seldon all that money for 20 years.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There is way to much emotion in Ashleys posts for her to be rational and listen to reason. Ashley are you a girlfriend or mom or something to one of the guys?
                        Your defending with all heart and no objectivity. Its a great quality and its great your so loyal and close, but it seems like your to close to e able to see the big picture. I cant make it any simpler. They worked at one place, then worked somewhere else, then the new place they worked made almost all o f the same products that the old company did. So alot of people are saying they ripped off the first company. Maybe they did design everything at gore galore (I dont think thats true) but they should have looked into other market niches to use their talets. What they are doing designing similar products almost mirroring the entire line is disreputeable. Is it illegal I dont know, but it smacks of a lack of character and low moral standards. If the produced line makes me think they have morality issues then I would worry about the office and business end also.

willmsnamy- It is appearent that you are not a contributing forum member. Yet you have three posts in three days all saying how great dreamscape studios. Including one that was very "infomercially" and decieving as you seemed to appear like a regular customer. Do not insult our intelligence and think we wont see through this. I have no doubt that you are affiliated with dreamscape studios in some reguard.

Grimley- Im coming from the same side you are just a side lines person who saw at the show. I dont think gore galore ripped off anyone in the creation of their products. Im not saying they invented them either, they adapted several things to the haunt market.
                        " None of the items you guys have listed were ripped off unless you consider Gore Galore just ripped them first."
                        I disagree, Gore galore evolved and added to the industry the products they have now. I remember gore galore had giant costumes meant mostly for parades there was an alien and a clown and I think one other. I was in the big costume market myself back in the day. I worked for stiltstalkers then. There were no stilt costumes at the show in 96 so in 97 we exhibited. That next year gore galore had scaled down from the 15 ft costumes they had for parades to the style they have now, and stalkarounds showed up. The market was full of big suits in a flash. A few other companies ended up with stilt suits the next year and I left stilt stalkers.

"The adoption certificates was not their idea."
                        I never saw them at a haunt show but I did see them on cabbage patch kids My guess is thats wheve Kevin got the idea. Taking a concept from one industry and applying it to another isint the same as making knockoffs of multiple products in another companies line.

"Large costumes or stalkarounds were not their idea. They just took the idea and ran with it."
                        Perhaps- I recall them being first in our industry with them, others may recall differently I wont state my opinions as fact. On the scene at that time were stalk arounds and Gore galore. The suits looked different, the sculpting was way different and the paint scheme was way different as well as the overall look and fabric.
                        The dreamscape suits look like emaciated mini-me version of gore galores suits, the colors are the same, the fabric appears to be dyed the same. the hand and head sculpts appear to be the same. If they took the idea from gore galore and ran with it Id be singing their praises, but to me my opion is it looks like they just took the idea.

"I like the competition in the market. It drives ingenuity and keeps the pricing down for the consumer."
                        As do I, I just hate rip offs. These guys have talent and it seems like a work ethic- why not apply it in a new direction. Why make a whole slew of products that are styled after Gore galore?

"I still don't know where you are coming from on this Allen. I know you may be good friends with the owners of Gore Galore but this argument doesn't have a leg to stand on."
                        Grimley- Im actually as good of friends with Kevin as you and I are. we have talked a few times and thats it. I do like a number of his products the innovative ones especially. You will see me pimping the scream cube on here pretty often because it fills a niche. I never saw barrel and bucket toppers before they did it, and I really like those, the skeleton organs are great and innovative. Time after time I see stuff from them I havent seen from anyone, I will support that as it drives the industry forward.
                        I cant fathom you sayiing it dosent have a leg to stand on. What conclusion do you draw when you see employees leave one company and start at another- then the new company develops a paralell line of products... to me thats a no brainer. If the employee switch were not a factor then I may share your position.

"If you look back a year or two you will see when everyone was saying that other companies were ripping of SPFX with silicone masks. It was a terrible argument."
                        Agreed- and i wasnt in it. But...If an employee left SPFX to start CFX then I would be calling foul just as I am now. The processes to make silicone masks have been pretty heavily guarded and CFX had to develop their own ways of doing things as did all the new guys out there. They didnt get an ex employee who worked for the competion previously.

"They are making better masks and cheaper. I think this will have the same effect. The better made less expensive version will take the market. "
                        I agree with the middle part and disagree with the second part. I think the better made product will take the market. I think there is a half a stalk around in almost every haunts shop in the country, they broke, they didnt last the company is gone. Gore galore is still here. I dont think gore galores prices will go down, I think if the quality goes up on dreamscapes big costumes then the price will too.

I dont have a dog in this hunt Grimley, and i know you dont either. I just dont like the feeling of seeing someone ripped off. Im not emotionally defending a buddy Im just saying what I see- like you are.
                        Allen H

Comment

Hummmm

Interesting for sure. Ashely I think you have a stake in this because your post is all one sided. I heard from several people and not Kevin why these guys were fired. Do I know the truth? NO will I ever know? NO And honestly its none of our business. Only those involved will ever know the truth. I will say this if what I was told is true Kevin had no choice and he made a decision to do what he did to cover himself and protect his business.

This is where all this is giving us all a bad taste. Ok Kevin may have not started the giant costume craze but what he did do with it is make it his focuse and mnprove it and make it his own. Ex Mortis was the first ones I ever seen with the big stalk arounds they came out with 2 or 3 and to this day that's all I have ever seen and besides at this point they are so 1990's no one wants them in a top rated attraction they NEVER TOOK IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL! Their detail so lacks and in compairing what they do and Kevin does is so 100% different it's like day light and dark their is no compairison. Now let's move on to the new company they are almost the SAME! NO THEY ARE THE SAME! This is where it's coming off as bad. Why did they not say ok Kevin it's on and wait till you see what we come out with! However they did not do that they simply said ok we will just produce the same thing you are and simply stab you in the back! I don't give a rant ass who made them if they were hired to sculpt, build and produce for Kevin they they belong to Kevin that's what they were paid to do as employees.

Kevin has good work morals and anyone who knows me knows I will walk through hell to protect a buyer and I sure as hell will do the same when it comes to a vendor who is like Kevin and is done wrong! If I were Dreamscape I would have said yes we will do this and bring our company to the next level together BUT you have to do your own thing something outside the box! Now what's happened is Dreamscape has been pulled into something they should not be in. I also feel they should have monitored what was going on more. They should have said to them instead if trying to piss Kevin and others off focus on making something totally different!

I could go on and on but you see where I am going and where I am going with it. I might add I have never bought a costume from Kevin because I really can't use them in my show. But again I see what he has done with his company and I feel the others should have went with a different direction! Do you guys see where I am going with this and understand? Allen? anyone? Shane and it's I think I made my point! Shane
                          sigpic

Comment

Allen H

Simply put the ex-employees were the talent behind Gore Galore cosutmes as they sculpted, painted and assembled them all while adding value with their improvements along the way. When they leave so does the talent and they will continue to do what they were trained to do both in college and at gore galore. What your asking is rediculous, if you were a mechanic by trade for years at one garage and came up with a method or a tool for changing brake pads out that saved both time and money then one day getting fired, would you then say to yourself "well I cant get a job at another garge and not use what I learned or even my time saving idea or tool as it would be a rip off"? The sculpts were his as are they now and yes they look alike and again had you stoped and taken a look you would see there were numerous designs that were implemented by us that qulifies us as taking something and making it our own. Ours are better fitting, more presentable, modular, light weight and above all cost less to our customers. Your comments or views are only helping as we continue to sell more cosutmes each day and once enough costumes are out you will see that our design is not just merely a copy of someone elses product. Thank you for your support and added views.

Comment

"First and foremost we would like to thank each and every person or group that either stopped by or purchased items from Dream Scape Studios, there has been much discussion in regards to “knock offs” and “copies” when in fact the original designer/sculptor behind the makings of many Gore Galore products has taken his talent and moved on to work here with us at Dream Scape Studios. "
                              Yeah thats the part I dont like- it seems like he brought a bunch of ideas and products with him. Why not go a different direction with his talents?

"Our improvement was a light weight aluminum armature/frame that is fully adjustable in three different areas, shoulder width, lumbar support location to fit users back making it more ergonomic, and costume height to keep user from walking on costume fabric. These improvements were by far needed as all the feedback we received before going into production were hit on in many ways. Additional improvements are interchangeable heads and shoulder supports between...."
                              These are great features no doubt. I will point out that since you didnt have these last year what you call "improvements" were to someone elses product.
                              If they are improvements as you called them, then they are copies-copies with "improvements". A brand new product shouldnt be labeled *Improved*. They are copies. you language use says so. In the future call them features and that will help dispell the copy issue.

"With all these improvements and added control value we are still able to produce and sell at or below the cost of our so called competition that “originated” the idea. All in all our armature/frame is lighter, better fitting and looks professional in all aspects. It’s time for those “garage looking” frames and armature that are currently being sold as “professional” to be a thing of the past and give the customer something they expect when paying."
                              Its odd to me that you slam their costumes in the same post proudly say you hired the designers of those garage looking costumes.

"Allen H for your knowledge we did not attend Transworld last year, nor did we take any orders that you so nicely pointed out that several people are still waiting on, please check your facts…."
                              Ok Checked...yup my buddies had contact just before show from you, and at the show this year you promised to make it up to them in product. Still missing product. Im sure it was ordered last year but it may have been at MHC as opposed to TW.

Im afraid I dont know your name, Im sorry otherwise I would reply using it as that is polite. I am sure you have a skewed view of the situation as do I. If these suits had been developed indepentantly of Gore galores no one would be calling foul. I dont think anyone is saying Gore galore invented big puppet costumes- I am saying its sucks that you hired people from there and then made a line of similar products. They and you are talented and innovative, but this particular outcome was poorly done in my opinion. I hope in years to come you distance yourself further form their product lines and develop your own.
                              Perhaps I have been unfair in my asessment- time will tell. I do think your product is fine I just think it needs to develop its own look and come into its own. I dont like the situation it was created under and that taints my opinion of it. It will take awhile for that to go away. Im not a fan of marketing or hype that slams another company I dont think its necessary. Im not involved, instead of attick those who are saying what they saw why not back up from the situation and see how it looks. We are not idiots because we dont see your point of view, in some ways I think we are seeing more because we are not so close to the issue. Its not a crime to take and idea and modify it, but the way this seems to have been done to me seems wrong. I cant support that, its my choice. Its Grimlys choice to endorse who he wants.
                              Your history lesson was unnecessary Im pretty well versed in histroy and costume/ puppet history. This is drama and im backing out I have said my piece. Stay on the boards and contribute to the forums as I will do. We disagree on a point, thats all. I dont have to hate you or call you names to get my side across and in the future Im sure there will be things we will agree on.
                              Good luck in all your new endeavors,
                              Allen H

Comment

Crossed posts-

"Simply put the ex-employees were the talent behind Gore Galore cosutmes as they sculpted, painted and assembled them all while adding value with their improvements along the way. When they leave so does the talent and they will continue to do what they were trained to do both in college and at gore galore. What your asking is rediculous, if you were a mechanic by trade for years at one garage and came up with a method or a tool for changing brake pads out that saved both time and money then one day getting fired, would you then say to yourself "well I cant get a job at another garge and not use what I learned or even my time saving idea or tool as it would be a rip off"?"

I dont think its rediculous, Its difficult yes but I think its the way things should be done. If you developed a tool for a company- then its their tool. It takes more work to stand out. You guys have a great starting point now go from there.

"The sculpts were his as are they now and yes they look alike and again had you stoped and taken a look you would see there were numerous designs that were implemented by us that qulifies us as taking something and making it our own. Ours are better fitting, more presentable, modular, light weight and above all cost less to our customers. Your comments or views are only helping as we continue to sell more cosutmes each day and once enough costumes are out you will see that our design is not just merely a copy of someone elses product. "

I saw the differences, Im making a point to not comment on the quality of the suits. That is not what I have issue with I think I made my points in previous posts.
                                You have started on a bad foot. Take steps and distance yourself, you want to be better great be better, you want to be original...your not there yet. Refine your look and make it your own. Explore color options and different sculpting and painting techniques to make your selves stand apart.
                                In 1998 I had an awesome moment when at one corner of the show Gore galores Dragon warrior costume, another one of there costumes, a stalk around, me in a creature crates dragon costume, and the immortal vampire costume (from scarefactory remember that?) were all in the same area. We had a mock fight and it was a blast. The sacre factory guy fell over because he had 5gallon bucket stilts (bad idea unsafe!). It was great, we were all big costumes but we all had our own independant look. I cant say that about your suits, that is the thrust of my argument.

"Thank you for your support and added views."

You are welcome. I hope you do see it as support becuase it really is. distancing your self from the other companies is always a good thing. If you want help with ideas on how to do that then PM me. I have concepts and products that I will never get a chance to make, Id be happy to share them with you. I also know of a ton of fabric options that will set you apart. Costuming is my passion I love making haunt actors look cool.You have an opertunity to do it but are staying in their shadow by having a similar look reguardless of the interior and quality of the suits. You looking different and unique helps both of your companies and the industry.
                                Allen H

Comment

Working...
                                X