No announcement yet.

Transworld 2011 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PureTerror Products TerrorBlaster (BoomStick)

Hello All,

We wanted to thank everyone for a great show. We were the guys at booth #214 PureTerror Products selling the wall poppers and Terrorblasters aka boomsticks.... There's only one company that makes all the crackers/boomsticks and they are made out of the country. PureTerror products will never state we make something that we don't. We wanted to bring a new price change to the industry. The mark up on the boomsticks was over 300%. We wanted to make it affordable for EVERYONE from teenage kids to home haunters...Ect..... If the industry doesn't make stuff more affordable there will be no industry to sell to. PureTerror Product will always charge customers a fare price. Remember you cant copy or steal something from a company that doesn't make it. ALL THE POPPERS & BOOMSTICKS COME FROM ONE SOURCE AND THAT COMPANY MAKES EVERYTHING THAT WAS FOR SALE AT THE SHOW. Who ever purchased the wall poppers or terrorblasters from PureTerror Products at Transworld know's that we never told anyone that we made these items. But we did make them work better. If you would like to purchase more Terrorblasters or Wall Poppers at show prices call a PureTerror Sales Rep (845)391-0071 or go to our website www.pureterrorproducts.com ...... Thank you again to everyone who purchased from us at Transworld...........

Comment

site needs to be updated

will check back later

Comment

I say, if you want a traveling show...go to Hauntcon.

I think TW should move every 4-5 years; hell look at IAAPA...it almost NEVER leaves Orlando! In fact, something like 2 or 3 years ago they just signed a 10 deal to stay in Orlando. This created better rates on booth spaces, etc.

If TW could sign 5 year deals in a new city every 5 years, I'd be happy with that. TW is about business. period. The gatherings, haunt tours, social events, etc. etc. are fun...but really, we're there to do business.

As far as sales go, I'm hearing ALOT of vendors where DOWN in sales. It was our first year as a vendor, so we didn't know what to expect and honestly just ONE sale is an UP! Hahaha...but we seen alot of people waiting to buy things for their haunt? WHY???!! It's not smart at all to wait and purchase items after the show, these vendors are only going to get BUSIER and prices WILL GO UP!! I just don't understand this thinking...we probably did 90% of our buying at this show and spent WAY more money than we needed too! Hahaha...it was hard not too though, so many cool things!

As for vendors copying or knoocking off product...it's everywhere. We provided websites and marketing...am I knocking off Chad Savage? NO!! Yet we provide the same service. So, the boom sticks? They're popular...ALOT of vendors had them this year and prices went down. We bough several of this type of effect from one vendor but we looked at ALL vendors and really talked about them all.

The Gore-Galore thing...man, stuff happens. Did anyone notice how Scarefactory knocked-off the Dark Raven Dog? Almost identical! How many people offered projection faces after Night Frights brought them? What about the talking skulls? etc. etc. It's everywhere and will always happen; and yes, it's a GOOD THING! If creates competition and breeds creativity and brings prices down. All great things!

Just some thoughts.

-Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Philadelphia is one of the strongest unions in the country, just behind NY. FORGET IT!!
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

agreed !!!!

I'm from the philly area and I know guys who work there at the convention center.....forget it !!!!!! you gotta pay a fortune to park, you need to take a cab to get anywhere, the neighborhood is NOT that great......there are EXPENSIVE hotel right near by but......... as a local from around here..... take my word for it....... Valley Forge, Pa is the SHOW and the place to go. (NATIONAL HAUNTERS CONVENTION MAY 2011

Comment

I am not sure Dreamscape knocked off Gore galore. Just because another company made large stalkaround type costumes does not mean it was a knockoff. By that logic everyone who brought silicone masks was knocking off CFX.
              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

And CFX was knocking off SPFX Masks and SPFX Masks were knocking off whoever started using full head silicone mask pieces in movies and tv. Somebody look that up. I'm pretty sure we will end up at the inventor of the silicone breast. God bless him.
                sigpic
                Louis Brown
                Owner, operator, and dish washer
                at
                DarkWood Manor

Comment

No doubt

"I am not sure Dreamscape knocked off Gore galore. Just because another company made large stalkaround type costumes does not mean it was a knockoff. By that logic everyone who brought silicone masks was knocking off CFX. "
                  There isint a shadow of a doubt in my mind that they ripped off gore galore. Employees left gore galore and went directly to dreamsacpe, then dreamscape changed the focus of their product line (formerly almost all dummies) to paralell Gore Galores. Is it common in the industry..yes. Does that make them crappy humans... yes. In my book it does. They are not improving an existing prouct or offereing the same quality at a lower price, their stuff seemed really inferior and was just a little bit under Gore glaores in price.
                  I will not support them and I urge others to do the same. Competition is one thing a targeted attack is another ting all together. If I left a company and started working for another in the same industry I would do all I could to distance myself from them.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                    They are not improving an existing prouct or offereing the same quality at a lower price, their stuff seemed really inferior and was just a little bit under Gore glaores in price.
                    I agree, their stalkers were no where as good as Gore-Galores, but their frame & harness system was *much* better. It weighs 9 pounds, is fully adjustable with the touch of a button, not to mention just looks better. I tried one on just for comparison (we have one of Gore-Galores stalkers, the Goblin) and it was so much better.

Now, would I purchase our next stalker from them because of that? No way. But hopefully Gore-Galore does adjust their harness system soon to something similar, or at least make it less heavy & easier to adjust quickly for different actors to wear.

I was weirded out when I was talking about purchasing a neck biter from Gore-Galore and one of the brothers asked which one. I told him, and he told me to give him a few months and they can make one for me. Um... No. Now that is WAY wrong and I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Tyra

~Reality is only for those with no imagination~

Comment

Transworld 2011 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

We have had nothing but positive experiences in St.Louis. Food great.Great service. friendly people. The grand is nice. I love it and so does my family and staff. Im fuzzy and warm just thinking about it.

Buck
                      Capt.Chaos
                      Fear Asylum Haunted House
                      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

did gore galore leave the show EARLY ?

I thought I saw a post somewhere that they left early. If they did, hopefully the sold all of their wares. their stuff is top quality all the way. I would pay more for their quality merchandise.

Comment

You realize that the reason you said you would not buy from Dreamscape is because they ripped off gore galore. And then in the next sentence you recommended Gore Galore go and ripoff Dreamscapes harness system. See what I mean. Making improvements on a product or making another large costume is not ripping off. Someone down the line would develop another large creature costume. You even admit the harness is completely different and much better. So the only thing they have that they in common is that they are costumes. I am sure that someone before them made large costumes. I could look it up. By the way I do not work for Dreamscape.
                          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
                            You realize that the reason you said you would not buy from Dreamscape is because they ripped off gore galore. And then in the next sentence you recommended Gore Galore go and ripoff Dreamscapes harness system. See what I mean. Making improvements on a product or making another large costume is not ripping off. Someone down the line would develop another large creature costume. You even admit the harness is completely different and much better. So the only thing they have that they in common is that they are costumes. I am sure that someone before them made large costumes. I could look it up. By the way I do not work for Dreamscape.
                            Nope, I did not recommend that Gore-Galore rip off Dreamscapes harness. I suggested that Gore-Galore improve theirs. That is all. I also said that Dreamscapes stalkers weren't near as good as Gore-Galores. The harness, yes. The rest of the costume? Not even close.

Tyra

Comment

Ok, I just reread what I wrote originally, and I did suggest that Gore-Galore change their harness to something similar. By NO means did I suggest that Gore-Galore rip off their idea, just improve it. Just wanted to clarify that before you pointed that out for me

Now, how do you feel about their offer to make me a neck biter? That is very much a Gore-Galore item, I very well might be wrong, but I haven't seen anything similar before.

Tyra

Comment

Speaking of boomsticks and all of the associated popping devices and who invented and made what, take a look at these: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/40...recracker.html

Here's a video of the electronic/electric firecrackers in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNAS...eature=related

Look familiar? Pale Night and some other companies also use them in their electrical device props.

Comment

Working...
                                X