Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be upset about this

Disregard. Appreciate the comments.
    Last edited by bhays; 03-14-2011, 11:25 AM.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Did you expect to not see it? If you didnt ask for exclusivity then you wont get it. Should the producers, director, writer of bloody valentine be upset with you? Its a bit odd that you are almost upset over a vendor using an idea you gave him in your haunt area based off of someone else's ideas.
    So no, I would not be upset, feel that you might have added to the industry by helping a vendor come up with a product.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I completely understand why you would be upset. However, I've learned that in this industry, if you build it, you can bet your ass you're going to see something like it at the next tradeshow. For example, Dark Raven Designs came out with their leaping zombified dog in (I believe) 2008. This year at the show Scarefactory had a dog animation that was extremely similar to what DRD had created, with a few modifications. Also, when Kip first came out with his Asylum Axe Door there was a vendor that came out with a video for people to purchase so they could make their own animated door.

In the end, you're not the first one this has happened to. There's always going to be someone out there that will take your ideas, maybe modify them a little, and try to sell them for profit.

Welcome to the haunted house business.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        So no, I would not be upset, feel that you might have added to the industry by helping a vendor come up with a product.
        Allen H
        That's why I was asking the question. I appreciate that view point. I was being honest when I asked the question. I really am not sure how to feel about it.
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

I'm not going to say right or wrong on this one because I wasn't in your talks to have it made, But awhile back I talked to Rozy Alexander about making me a costume, I did up some drawings told him how I wanted it made and when he gave me a price he said, I can make it for you only for ( $$$ ) price , but if you don't mind me using the idea and selling it to others I can do it for ( $ ) so I told him go ahead and make it for other people I was happy he liked the idea that much. So unless you said this is to be made just for me , you need to expect that, maybe that ball was dropped on both sides. Take it as a live and learn, but don't be mad.

Robert J Dudzieck
          All Seasons Entertainment LLC
          Fright Factory Haunted House PA

P.S. R.I.P. Rozy you are still missed by this haunter and this industry.

Comment

Working...
          X