Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about Transworld Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else worried about Transworld Show?

This was my 10th time attending and although I THINK this was the largest show as far as the haunt vendors, it seemed to me it was the smallest showing by the costume part. Does anyone else feel that way? I mean, the 50 degree weather was nice, IDK, I miss the old days of Chicago with the 25 aisles in the costume show alone, another 12 aisles for the party section and another 8 aisles for the haunt show. When I went to the show back in 07, it took me almost two full days to see everything once. This year, I did that in 4 hours. So does anyone worry that we might be seeing the middle of the end of TW as we know it? They have the dates for 2012 listed, but I am just worried.....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Read the posts

The costume trade goes to houston now in january. That's the future...............

Comment

Move it

After talking with 10 or so vendors during Transworld they all said they are tired of St. Louis.. I am going to contact Jennifer Thayer and see if it can be moved to Nashville or Atlanta. Not only is the weather better but the rates for convention space is cheaper.

Comment

It needs to be in DALLAS , more central and better weather !

Casey .... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

Anyone else worried about Transworld Show?

I think if you push that show to far one way or another you are really limiting the number of attendees to this show. I drive 12 hours to this show. I would keep it as central as possible for access for everyone. People are pushing for more cash/carry. If everyone has to fly maybe less revenue for vendors in future.My 2 cents.

Chaos
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I doubt vendors will lose much from cash and carry the booths only holds so much product people will just have it shipped like most people do.

I did think the Halloween and Party section was really weak. It was a fraction of what it used to be prior to the split a few years back. If that's the way the Halloween part is going to be, I say drop it altogether in St Louis and just keep it the haunt show. I like the show in St Louis but it was terrible this year with weather, but still much better than being in Chicago. I thought that on the heels of most haunts record breaking season the haunt vendors should've brought their "A" game and really stepped up their displays and product, I do not think that was the case in most cases.

Regardless of what they decide to do or move it it should not be based on if you drive to it just hop on a plane and fly to it! I still say move it to Orlando myself!

It was good seeing many of you while at the show.

Allan
            Last edited by MDKing; 03-14-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I personally would LOVE to see the show in Atlanta or maybe somewhere in Louisiana! I personally don't care how far away from me the show is as long as the weather is nice. We order 90% of our business at TW, we wouldn't miss it for anything. I think if someone is not going to attend the show because of how far away it is...then they're only hurting themselves and no business EVER attending the show. Trust me, wherever the show goes buyers will be there! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My worry is that if they JUST go with a haunt show, will they be able to afford to produce a trade show?
                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I agree that Dallas would be an ideal location, pretty much central to everyone... the Gaylord resort near DFW airport would be the perfect location for the show... and there are 20-something haunts in the DFW area who I'm sure would be happy to host events. Though, I'm not sure the TW folks would go for this since they are all located in Chicago.
                  Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
                  Haunt 2013, LLC
                  and
                  The House of Boo
                  Dallas, TX
                  www.haunt2013.com
                  www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
                    I doubt vendors will lose much from cash and carry the booths only holds so much product people will just have it shipped like most people do.

I did think the Halloween and Party section was really weak. It was a fraction of what it used to be prior to the split a few years back. If that's the way the Halloween part is going to be, I say drop it altogether in St Louis and just keep it the haunt show. I like the show in St Louis but it was terrible this year with weather, but still much better than being in Chicago. I thought that on the heels of most haunts record breaking season the haunt vendors should've brought their "A" game and really stepped up their displays and product, I do not think that was the case in most cases.

Regardless of what they decide to do or move it it should not be based on if you drive to it just hop on a plane and fly to it! I still say move it to Orlando myself!

It was good seeing many of you while at the show.

Allan
                    Nashville/ Orlando would be great places to have it. More central would be Nashville.

Comment

Im pretty sure its 32 haunts in the DFW area, that I know about.
                      Its a big haunt market thats for sure. Thereare also lots of places to host it. I will go to the show wherever it is, i normally fly. If it were in Dallas Id exhibit. Its hard to make back the $1400 booth cost on $20 DVDs and $40 two disc sets.
                      Allen H
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I would LOVE Dallas!! When will the decision be made for next year?

Comment

Next years show is already scheduled for March of 2012 in St. Louis, it was printed in the vender book that was in the bag the gave out.

Dan Augusto

Comment

What a shame :/

Comment

Nashville would be great too, can we get something in the works for Nashville in 2013? I think that is in a good central location. I think it would be hurt attendance wise if they ever moved it to the west coast, would do very well on the East coast as well. How is the weather in Nashville this time of year???

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X