Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about Transworld Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60's and 70's during the day

Comment

Personally I gonna say this. Transworlds not goin anywhere! Its already booked for next year. I heard that the attendance was double it was last year. Common sense is gonna tell you that the retail side is gonna be smaller. There is a Rubies show. But by the low attendance at these shows I would say they will be a thing of the past before Transworld will be. Ya its warmer in the south and all but I think the weather for this week wasnt bad. It was just as good if not better than last year. I was in the convention center so much this year I didnt even get to enjoy the weather. All I can say is you can wish in one hand and you know what in the other? You know how the old sayin goes. Dont mean to be blunt but im just being to the point. This is how I am. I just telling you like it is.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Nashville would be a nice location for the show. There are lots of things to do after the show closes for the day. We have some amazing haunts that don't get the recognition they deserve.

Comment

You won't see us complaining at all if it could come here in 2013. We have a brand new convention center opening in February of 2013, right in the middle of downtown. Not to mention probably four to six haunts that could open up for the show.
          Brad Webb
          Nashville Nightmare Haunted Attraction
          1016 Madison Square
          Madison, TN 37115
          615-75-BLOOD

www.nashvillenightmare.com
          https://www.facebook.com/#!/nashvill...rehauntedhouse

Comment

I don't think location is a problem. At chicago the booths were packed. The problem is the show got fragmented and many of the vendors bolted. If tw wants to bring the vendors back, they should offer great prices for them.
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Sorry guys but midwest haunters convention is the future!!! Haunters for haunters, people that care about this year and years to come!!! As a vendor and i am sure other vendors can tell you the more we spend on a tradeshow the more you will pay in the end, so i say mhc.

Comment

By far the most central city is st louis there is not a more central location period. However there are other cities that are somewhat central like Indy Memphis Kansas city but Dallas would not be a place think would be good. This industry is all about price from hotels to cost of booth space. This show can't go into a hotel it needs a convention center. U need to go with the best price with the easiest union set up cheapest hotels in the most central location we can find that will help the show continue to grow. Dallas is expensive it's a big city and a great city cost would rise. From st louis it takes eight to ten hours more south so that is another eight hours for anything north like Chicago Wisconsin. Oh eight hours more for anything north east where most haunts are. Dallas no way

The retail as u knew it with haunts is over and has been for a while now.

The retail venders obtained said they did good enough to come back next year.

Lastly I'm with Allen here. Yeah I'm worried about the show when the vendors don't step up overall. I would rate the new product a five out ten at best. It was mostly tired old ideas or same stuff different skin or one vendor just copying from another. Dark raven probably did the best because he was the most original with the most stuff we haven't been offered before. Vendors need to find out what we want not what they think we want overall poorest display I've ever seen despite the fact some did a great job. Just my two cents. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I just dont get why people think transworld is the end all be all !!! There are many different shows out there that will bend over backwards for us haunters, but we still have to go back to unions and big noses sucking in every cloud in the sky....

Comment

I couldn't disagree with u more. As fun as mhc can be the focus of tw is business to business which creates a lifeline for many vendors to find business which supports them for an entire year. Tw is not a show for actors enthusiasts zombie walks and so forth. Its a place to do business and tw is by far the best to produce this. Bottom line issues with the show has nothing to do with tw they did fantastic. The vendors overall need to step up their game. I think from now on any vendornwho truly wants to be successful should start from this day forward call their customers for ideas because it looks like many lost their way or are just squeezed dry out of a single original idea and the copycats shouldn't be allowed into the show again

I think mhc is awesome and their focus is perfect and makes them a place for all to attend and makes them super successful. Tw and mhc are tWo different types of show and both have their place. Larry.
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Have the 2012 dates been announced? If so, what are they?
                      Jared Layman

Comment

^^^
                        What he said.

Comment

Here's my 2 cents did I have fun yes, It's great to see old friends and meet new ones. But as a buying show VERY disappointing. I'm building a brand new haunt this year a went to the show to buy what I needed for it, I ended up with 5 items from two vendors.... Now Im not saying there wasn't some other nice things, but I was looking for very real looking zombies and two companies had the quality I was looking for. I'm sorry to say this but maybe there were 10 vendors with new or wowing stuff, the rest looked like a bunch of yard haunters stuff, no offence to yard haunters but my point is it's stuff easily built at home. In 2011 is there someone still going to transworld to buy tilting 55gal drums ??? or over sized PVC guns that shot air at you ??? Now i'm saying this as someone who has not been to this show in 7 years and I was still looking at stuff that 7 years ago was out dated. I was embarrassed to bring people out that had never been and tell them that this was our industries biggest show.

Point their needs to be more quality control, and vendors really need to listen to what the costumer wants and needs for there haunt. As for location it would be nice to move around just to see other haunts

Robert J Dudzieck
                          All Seasons Entertainment LLC
                          Fright Factory Haunted House PA

Comment

Damon,

You wouldn't be so positive to keep it there because you happen to live in the same state do you? We're talking about 2013 and beyond, not next year. It sounds like people are ready to go to new haunts, see new things.

DA

Comment

Jason,

Let's be real here, MHC is a loooooooong way off from Transworld. MHC is a cool local convention, but it's TINY compared to Transworld and in some cases too late to place any serious orders for the year, they barely can do it starting in March. Move MHC to before Transworld and it has a chance, until then it will be a place haunters take their actors to and enjoy tours and party the show floor takes 10 minutes to walk through.

DA

Comment

ANYWHERE other than St. Louis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would be GREAT !!!

Larry , Dallas is no more as expensive as St. louis !!! and alot more HAUNTS ! plus there`s a chance to bring Rubies in , being the proximity of there location .

Casey ............... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

Working...
                                X