so wth was the deal with doll man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so wth was the deal with doll man

Saw this guy at the show Sunday and saw him last year too. He walks around w a realistic female doll that lookes like a 3 year old. The doll has her own name tag and he talks to her. I am a pretty open minded guy but what's the deal. Is it an act or what's up????? Lol
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Obviously this was an error. The age limit for the show is 16 years old.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I figured it was part of the other people with props that were controlled by their hands. Has to be associated with a vendor. Seemed kinda creepy, therefor an effective product!
      Matthew Rairden
      Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
      Project Manager
      Find us on Facebook
      www.circleofash.com

Comment

search on here

This was brought up last year on this forum, he is the head of a hearse owners club or something and apparently the doll is just something he always carries with him?

Comment

sooo he's naturally creeptastic?
          -Mat

Comment

No he has a haunt and the doll is on a swing in his haunt Ive heard. He just brings her to t.w every year. Ya it is kinda freaky though?! The doll looks real and looks like it could be his daughter. I think its a way to mess with other haunters. He got ya didnt he! LOL!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

That was WEIRD! Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Doll

I have seen this guy at 3 different Transworld shows and at IAPPA twice. The story I heard is that his daughter died 10+ years ago and the doll was made in her image. But that could be a tall tale. If you speak with him he seems completely normal other than the fact that the doll is "real" in his eyes.
                Reminds me of "Lars and the Real Doll"
                www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                [Google+] [YouTube]
                [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

I've never seen this guy before. Not sure how I've missed that every year.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Weird! We were trying to figure out his deal last year when we first saw him too. Saw him a few times this year, and it seems that he changes her outfits daily as well. Very odd seeing a grown man carrying around an American Girl doll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Tyra

~Reality is only for those with no imagination~

Comment

I saw him and was trying to figure out why he had it. I was thinking he bought it there but never seen a booth with them , if I knew it was this creepy I would of said ( Yo , what's up with the kids doll ) LOL ,

Rob

Comment

Isn't it weird? We see all these spooky costumes and characters around St Louis and dont blink twice, but this guy creepes out a lot of people cause he is NOT doing anything spooky or weird and is not dressed strange. He had on dress pants and polo shirt and just walked around. LOL. Perhaps we, as haunters can learn something from him. That at times, less is more.....?
                        Ron
                        Nightmare Factory Haunt
                        Wisconsin
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Ok Ron, did you miss the part about the life like little 5 year old girl he was carrying around and talking to??????????? I got alot of crazy shit but nothing comes close , I think he was at the wrong convention lol

Rob

Comment

Just a carpetbagger

He's just another carpetbagger trying to sell his product and is too cheap to pay for a booth. If you ask him about it he will give you his card/info. He stood in front of my booth last year for a long time trying to get attention. I was just about to tell him to move on or I would sick TW on him and he left on his own.

Sorry if I sound pi$$y, but vendors pay a lot of money for that little 10' by 10' spot. When you factor in all your costs you can easily spend tens of thousands with-out blinking a eye. Having someone stand in front of my booth and distract my possible customers as they walk by really strikes a nerve.
                            Regards,
                            Jeff Londos
                            Monster-Tronics
                            Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                            www.Monster-Tronics.com
                            Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Has anyone checked the price of booths elsewhere ???

If they moved the show somewhere else? A city where the unions aren't such a pain in the ass ? $1400.00 for a booth? You got a tuff nut to crack to get that money back. Or- is this a standard price always for a transworld show ? Please , advise. I just want to learn. And, oh, ya.... The doll guy, i hear he's a friend of tater's. Ha ha !!

Comment

Working...
                              X